Lane Forsythe, Graham Yntema and Bryce Hubbard have all entered the portal today

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
You need to learn to read. Post #27 explained everything, before you had your comprehension failed. Not really sure what or why you're arguing this.
I wasn't arguing anything, just stating facts. The top of the SEC is better than MiLB as a whole. College Sports as a whole are better than pro (or semi-pro) sports as a whole as well.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I wasn't arguing anything, just stating facts. The top of the SEC is better than MiLB as a whole. College Sports as a whole are better than pro (or semi-pro) sports as a whole as well.
For you and I. But not for the country as a whole, as far as attendance.

I will say this, I have no idea how MiLB even determines a champion, so I'm sure that college gets more TV eyes in that regard. I don't even know if MiLB is on TV.

But attendance wise, MiLB wins, nationwide.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The top of the SEC is probably about equivalent to high Class A minor league baseball.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
The top of the SEC is probably about equivalent to high Class A minor league baseball.
Like Talent-wise? I would think our baseball team brings in similar if not more revenue than Triple-A teams outside of still paying for Stadium reno and we have better attendance

patdog

May 28, 2007
Like Talent-wise? I would think our baseball team brings in similar if not more revenue than Triple-A teams outside of still paying for Stadium reno and we have better attendance
Talent wise. Revenue, yeah top of SEC definitely does better than A or AA ball. But AAA draws an average of almost 5,000 fans per game and they play a lot more games. Of course, probably a lot more promotions and discounted tickets too.

Reactions: WrightGuy821

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Back to topic, with Ryan Williams hitting the portal, that makes 4 so far. Highfill is the only scholarship catcher left. I think we have a jucos coming in. Who else do you guys think hits the portal. Do we have to worry about any of our good players leaving?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Can we bring in Butch Thompson, Vitello or Van Horn as a special consultants on how to sign talent in the transfer portal?

I still go back to the start of this baseball season. I can't recall a more "unready" baseball team to start the season. That is a concern.

Reactions: patdog

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
I think the SEC is going to grow baseball. The audience is already there with TV games. Overall it is not growing but I think each year SEC baseball will compete with minor league for talent. And SEC teams will continue to spend on facilities, NIL, etc. Check out the plans for the Arkansas baseball facility.
The new Vandy re-do also. Like they need another reason to rake in more studs that dont opt for the draft.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login