Last Chance Qualifier May 9-12 In Istanbul Turkey

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
4 out of 6 weight classes going to Represent the USA are from our NLWC. Guys will be workin/preparing hard to bring back a team title. Should get Mason Paris to come train with Kerk. Be great if Kyle would reach out. Bring the team together….
And what were they runners up at four of the classes and fourth at 125?

Reactions: Spice67

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Definitely not surprised. Zain was put on the toughest side of the bracket which is BS. The other Counties do not want to see the USA win in wrestling. That’s exactly why we always get shafted in the Olympics by Refs from other countries. We MUST have an American representative help prepare the brackets and have at least 3 American referee’s in Paris. Our Olympic Coaches whoever they are this year must fight for this now before it’s too late again. It’s super political.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Zain and his helpers should be flying into the airport today if anyone wants to meet and congratulate them. Anyone know how we can say Thank you to Zain and Nick Lee ? Jordan Connaway as well

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Tom. Are you surprised he ran this gauntlet?

No

Looking at the brackets in advance of Saturday's competition, Tumur was the wrestler that concerned me the most. And unfortunately, Zain lost to him late in the match.

For the repechage matches on Sunday, I wasn't concerned about Zain's conditioning in terms of being able to handle four matches. Of his opponents, Sujeet concerned me the most, and it was a close match (2-2, Zain won on criteria). Once he got past that, I was mostly confident that he'd win and qualify, though as has been pointed out in this thread, Zain has had a history of bad luck in some aspect of his adult career (once he was at the oldest stage). Thankfully, that wildcard was not a factor in Sunday's competition.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
No

Looking at the brackets in advance of Saturday's competition, Tumur was the wrestler that concerned me the most. And unfortunately, Zain lost to him late in the match.

For the repechage matches on Sunday, I wasn't concerned about Zain's conditioning in terms of being able to handle four matches. Of his opponents, Sujeet concerned me the most, and it was a close match (2-2, Zain won on criteria). Once he got past that, I was mostly confident that he'd win and qualify, though as has been pointed out in this thread, Zain has had a history of bad luck in some aspect of his adult career (once he was at the oldest stage). Thankfully, that wildcard was not a factor in Sunday's competition.
Thanks. The conditioning is amazing to wrestle 4 times and win 4 bouts in the same day, heck half day. That is an unbelievable feat considering the pressure and tension he must have been under that he had to win every match to qualify.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
lol. I didn't know Zain's strength was ever a question. A bunch of watermelons (I think; can't remember for sure) would put up a strong debate if anyone questioned Zain's strength.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Hopefully we’ll have some Refs from the United States at the Olympics. As Cael said at the last Olympics it’s tough to beat your opponent and the referee at the same time. Cael rarely complains about officiating so we know it’s true. The other counties especially Russia and Iran are very much against the US. Will see. We do have a great team this Olympic cycle.