Latest CBS Mock NFL Draft

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They have Dean at 11. I wondered if he had ended up at Ole Miss would he have been ranked this high?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They made a point to talk about how great his footwork is and that he really began to shine as a pass blocker in this new offense. That should be a good selling point in the future offense of lineman for Coach Leach's brand of football.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
They made a point to talk about how great his footwork is and that he really began to shine as a pass blocker in this new offense. That should be a good selling point in the future offense of lineman for Coach Leach's brand of football.
No question about this. Air Raid concepts translate to the NFL for all positions except maybe tailback, and that's changing too. With the new rules it's a throwing league.

Rushing offenses are the opposite. Now, keep in mind, I'm talking about 'system' offenses, not pro-style type things. I'm talking your triple options, power spreads, etc. (Malzahn, Rich Rod, etc.). Rushing offenses make things much easier for the linemen, they just bust upfield, that's why the spreads seem to install so much faster. AND, they can be smaller. They use the athletic ability of guys in the run the game and help guys that usually wouldn't make it in a pro-style or would be position-less. Like John Rhys Plumlee (or Pat White, Nick Marshall, Denard Robinson, etc.). The selling point here is not that you'll get NFL training, it's that you'll be able to put your athletic ability on display.

That is why so many have pushed for the rushing system at MSU, because that's the type of athletes we usually get and/or target. And it makes sense, not to mention that it gels better with the defense. And that's why the success of the Air Raid is going to fall on Leach's ability to go out of state and land the necessary quarterbacks and offensive linemen, and at the same time, not allowing our team to become so up-tempo that it gasses our defense. To-date, he's been able to do these things. I keep thinking about what happened in 2019 at Wazzou though, they basically turned into a track team in a football uniform. No lead was safe.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
In that 1982 NFL draft after Cooks went 2nd, his teammate, DT Glen Collins went 26th in the first round to the Bengals.

Mayor Stacey's football career was before my time. I knew he was a first rounder, but did not know he went that high.

was21

May 29, 2007
In 1975 Jimmy Webb DT to the '49'ers as 10th pick overall

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Once they go to the pros I don’t care where they’re from. I’m not going to change my team based on one player.

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
Bailey Howell went 2nd.

WILT CHAMBERLAIN went 1st…

State had 2 teams that went 24-1… and didn’t get to play for a Natty. Total 🐂💩

We should claim a mythical Natty both those years … like some other school we know did in football in the 60’s…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login