Leach and Keenum

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I have 0 "inside" info and I haven't even read all the threads on here (so forgive if Germans) but if any of the conversation about Leach possibly needing to retire for health reasons after this past season is correct I could see Leach recommending Zach as his replacement to Keenum. Is this even a possibility ?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I doubt that had any bearing on the situation. I do know that Scott Strickland said that they keep a live list of potential head coaches for the sports programs in case a coach leaves for another program. With the way coaches are hired and fired in this day and age it sounds like a sound policy.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have 0 "inside" info and I haven't even read all the threads on here (so forgive if Germans) but if any of the conversation about Leach possibly needing to retire for health reasons after this past season is correct I could see Leach recommending Zach as his replacement to Keenum. Is this even a possibility ?
I think that is very likely. Leach's thought process may have been to get us through the portal, signing day and bowl game, then announce his retirement.

Reactions: msstatelp1

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
For what it is worth I recall a recent interview with coach leach where he spoke about the future in terms of years with him in it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login