Leach is gone

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Look at Wake Forrest. How long for him to build a program that competes"

Wake Forest is 5-1, beaten by the only team they've played worth a crap. The teams they have beaten are cumulative 18-23. One of those wins was over mighty Hugh Freeze and Liberty by 1 point. The loss was to Clemson.......

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I don’t think he gets fired if he loses the Egg Bowl, but his seat is on fire next year if he does. I think it may be a mistake to wait. I’d rather start the new coach rebuild in 2023 before the league expands in 2024. A non-air raid coach with air raid players is going to be rough facing 9 conference games.
Assuming he beats Auby and the SOP team, Leach is set for this year but I think he can beat UM too. I like the matchup with them. There’s no reason to abandon the AR either way though. A potential replacement could be chosen to iterate on that system with an emphasis on flexibility. I think the passing game has to be king because the run first teams are getting consistently beaten in the current era.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
"Look at Wake Forrest. How long for him to build a program that competes"

Wake Forest is 5-1, beaten by the only team they've played worth a crap. The teams they have beaten are cumulative 18-23. One of those wins was over mighty Hugh Freeze and Liberty by 1 point. The loss was to Clemson.......

And the point was that it took him how long to be able to do what he is currently doing?

2014... won 3 games
2015... won 3 games
2016.. won 6 games.

Starting in 2015... the fans we are talking about would have started wanting him fired and in 2016 would be starting an online drive to get rid of him and the AD.

2017... won 7
2018 won 6

At this point, going to a message board to talk would be miserable.

But Wake Forrest allowed him to build.

2019 Won 8 and lost 1 in OT
2020.. skipping it.

2021 10 win season.
2022.. They have won 6 games this year and took Clemson to OT

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
WA has bigtime advantates over WA State that tsun doesn't have over us. We're getting our 8th win in Oxfart this year, book it. We will be able to run the ball effectively against them while we will do better than containing their rushing attack and we should be able to do better than them in the passing game. tsun is weaker on D than A&M & Pig.
Book it huh? How much?

Sep 15, 2009
WA has bigtime advantates over WA State that tsun doesn't have over us. We're getting our 8th win in Oxfart this year, book it. We will be able to run the ball effectively against them while we will do better than containing their rushing attack and we should be able to do better than them in the passing game. tsun is weaker on D than A&M & Pig.
Big difference between "can run the ball effectively" and "will run the ball effectively," since the latter depends heavily on whether Leach wants to run it more than 7 times.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Well that’s no fun.
It will be for me once I'm proven correct because I'll make a new thread about it. LOL. I will quote Scripture (only in jest; not blasphemous) "Oh ye of Little Faith".... Oh, and you KNOW you hope I'm right.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
And the point was that it took him how long to be able to do what he is currently doing?

2014... won 3 games
2015... won 3 games
2016.. won 6 games.

Starting in 2015... the fans we are talking about would have started wanting him fired and in 2016 would be starting an online drive to get rid of him and the AD.

2017... won 7
2018 won 6

At this point, going to a message board to talk would be miserable.

But Wake Forrest allowed him to build.

2019 Won 8 and lost 1 in OT
2020.. skipping it.

2021 10 win season.
2022.. They have won 6 games this year and took Clemson to OT
Point is don't act like they are a powerhouse. Anybody w/ a pulse could be 6-1 w/ that schedule and in arguably the weakest Power 5 conference there is year in and year out.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Point is don't act like they are a powerhouse. Anybody w/ a pulse could be 6-1 w/ that schedule and in arguably the weakest Power 5 conference there is year in and year out.
I think the point is prior to Clawson they were not beating anybody and was at the bottom of that conference and he took them to being in the top!

The point is, they allowed him time to build it,

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The point is you made a great case. The Peeper's point is anything good at State must be diminished.
Oh.. I didn't know.

LOL If he would rather, since it's "conference" thing, we can talk UK and Stoops. It took him even longer. But they stuck with it and it's a stable program and competing even in a down year.

Went 2-10, then 5-7 and then 5-7. Followed by 2 seasons of 7 wins.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Are you intentionally being obtuse? It’s a great point. Wake Forest used to be dog s hit, but they allowed Clawson time to build the program and now they are near the top of the ACC. Stoops at Kentucky the same thing. Of course, they are in the East so you’ll probably say you could go in there and coach that team to nine wins easy.

Reactions: Ibdancin

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Are you intentionally being obtuse? It’s a great point. Wake Forest used to be dog s hit, but they allowed Clawson time to build the program and now they are near the top of the ACC. Stoops at Kentucky the same thing. Of course, they are in the East so you’ll probably say you could go in there and coach that team to nine wins easy.
"near the top of the ACC". Oh boy, tallest player on the midget basketball team.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

And that was before the portal. Nobody is going to wait long anymore. It's foolish. The extensions of contracts are where you get killed if you have to fire a coach.

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
When he loses another Egg Bowl this year. Comes from Keenum…
I talked to Keenum today and he says Leach gives out MOunds Bars for Trick or Treet and nothing could possibly be in the wroks to get rid of him. Best trick or treet candy from any coach MSU has ever had. He said the second year Mullens only gave unwrapped sticky pop corn balls, his days were numbered. After a high level meeting, the next years he switched to peanut butter taffeys, but only gave one and it wasn't enough to keep him. Croom turned the lights off, and was dead from the get-go.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
I Believe You Arab GIF by GIPHY News

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Nothing has changed when it comes to building a program.

LOL! The head of the coaching association said this week that jobs are turning over faster to prevent transfers and to get transfers. Coaching jobs are less secure due to the portal and NIL. But you keep making non-sensicle, factless posts. Look what TN did in a couple years. That's the dream now. OM too to a point.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
LOL! The head of the coaching association says jobs are turning over faster to prevent transfers and to get transfers. But you keep making non-sensible posts.

Why don't you link that so we can talk about it. Stability matters to recruits.

Fact, Leach did very well last year. When was the last time we pulled in 12 four stars in a class?

Oct 17, 2022
Why don't you link that so we can talk about it. Stability matters to recruits.

Fact, Leach did very well last year. When was the last time we pulled in 12 four stars in a class?
He can’t figure it out. NIL is leading to more instability, which is a negative. stability is more important than ever. the further down you get from the wealthiest blue bloods, the more stability matters.

Reactions: Ibdancin

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
He can’t figure it out. NIL is leading to more instability, which is a negative. stability is more important than ever. the further down you get from the wealthiest blue bloods, the more stability matters.
In 1990. Even look right down the road at what Prime has done in a couple years grabbing transfers and pulling NIL deals. I don't expect you to understand.

Oct 7, 2022
Assuming he beats Auby and the SOP team, Leach is set for this year but I think he can beat UM too. I like the matchup with them. There’s no reason to abandon the AR either way though. A potential replacement could be chosen to iterate on that system with an emphasis on flexibility. I think the passing game has to be king because the run first teams are getting consistently beaten in the current era.
Agree. If a new coach does end up here, get one from the Leach tree that likes a mobile qb that will run and incorporate misdirection. The guy at UT is running the best offense I’ve seen in a long time. Of course talent helps.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
On the Andy Staple’s Show, they said that from 2000-2021 the average SEC HC’s tenure was 5 years. The Power 5 average was also around 5 years. Take out the active HCs like Saban (14 years) and the ones that left on their own like Mullen (9 years), and I bet the average tenure of a fired SEC HC is between 3-4 years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login