Leach lost me tonight

Sep 12, 2013
I’ll be honest, Will lost me tonight also. He’s great a what he does, but his lack of athletic ability and seeming unwillingness or also inability to push the ball downfield puts a low ceiling on this team. I’m sick of watching it.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I think Will gives it his all but you need a qb that can run it a little.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’ll be honest, Will lost me tonight also. He’s great a what he does, but his lack of athletic ability and seeming unwillingness or also inability to push the ball downfield puts a low ceiling on this team. I’m sick of watching it.

Worst game by Will because he was a human pinball because of our turnstile OTs

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I'll still watch but they've dropped several spots on my Saturday priority list after this.

We should have beat the hell out of them. We also should have score 2-3 TDs more against Mem and Arizona. There's a pattern emerging and I don't like it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Same here on will. Frustrated with leach but will has been bad throwing the ball and we’ve dropped a lot of balls. Ultimately that’s on leach but I can believe he was surprised by all of that. But not expecting him to fix it.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Is this the best air raid can do in year 3 in sec play

Yes. It didn't do that great when it was originated in the SEC at Kentucky. Every team in the SEC that is worth anything has a few elements of it, but they don't run it exclusively.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Worst game by Will because he was a human pinball because of our turnstile OTs

leach better put a premium on recruiting good OL, or this is pretty much what we need to get used to. he's not going to be able to do in the SEC what he's done in mickey mouse conferences with inferior talented line. Mississippi high schools don't coach line play well. Need to be looking outside the state.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Exact same play on 4th and 1 3 times added in with switching punt returners after Z was so electric lead me to believe I don't care that much about pirates.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
And you guys wanted to know why people weren't on board with Leach. Now you know.

I cut him some slack because of his track record and the hand he was dealt. But I'm over that **** now. Year three with a vet team...you can't lose this game.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I was silent when the Why Mike Leach Hater thread went on with everyone felating the pirate because I knew this game was coming. I wasn’t sure when but every game we have this lull on offense. Sometimes it’s a half a quarter tonight it was 3 quarters. You can’t have an offensive coach and perform like this. And for you stragglers, will you finally be done after we are 0-3 in Egg Bowls in November?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't mind losing it's getting pounded in the second half and then getting away. They weren't that much better than us going in. I could take a close loss but they just completely owned the second half

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
leach better put a premium on recruiting good OL, or this is pretty much what we need to get used to. he's not going to be able to do in the SEC what he's done in mickey mouse conferences with inferior talented line. Mississippi high schools don't coach line play well. Need to be looking outside the state.

We don't have $250,000 to spend every weekend.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
If this is his best team here I don’t know what to say. Games like this are crucial to stepping forward in the league and it all came down to critical errors. They can’t step forward with the guys who they rely on so heavily in games like this. Rogers is fine for what he does but the talent gap at QB and WR shows.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Welcome to me 32 months ago. His offense just isn't going to work against good SEC defenses. And don't even get me started on the special teams.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
The fact I could have fixed this game tells me it's not because of "the offense". We all saw the stupid *** calls made. Don't make those stupid *** calls and I think we win the game.

So is it "the offense" or stupid coaching calls. I'm not smart enough to know which it is but dammit we should have beat them tonight and then everything is different.

They'll have to earn me back at this point.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Some of y’all are given to feminine emotional reaction. It’s hard to win in Tiger Stadium. Coach Leach erred in not choosing field position over gambling on fourth down, but ‘I hate you, I really do’ over one loss. Please, “tighten your buckler”, take it on the chin. Next game. Next opponent. Next play. Hail STATE!

Aug 22, 2012
If this is his best team here I don’t know what to say. Games like this are crucial to stepping forward in the league and it all came down to critical errors. They can’t step forward with the guys who they rely on so heavily in games like this. Rogers is fine for what he does but the talent gap at QB and WR shows.

There is no such thing as stepping forward in this league. That will never happen. We are a doormat. Our only chance is a coach like Leach who succeeds at doormats. If he doesn’t succeed for a season or two here, there’s not another option. We’re more likely to be left behind in a new league than we are to step forward.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Holy corn dogs! Will nor Leach dropped those passes. Neither screwed up a punt return either. Relax. If you were that certain we would win this game, that’s on you, not Leach or Will.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
It was there for the taking especially in the 1st half. We let one get away and nobody is innocent. We should be 3-1 going into the A&M game. Win that and we are back on track.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Holy corn dogs! Will nor Leach dropped those passes. Neither screwed up a punt return either. Relax. If you were that certain we would win this game, that’s on you, not Leach or Will.

I don’t think Will was bad, he just has no ability to reach outside of the system. He can’t just toss up a bomb or gash them with his legs. That’s what the great QBs can do. I had a feeling that Will’s weapons would blow it. This is the third game in which they have made big mistakes.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
It was there for the taking especially in the 1st half. We let one get away and nobody is innocent. We should be 3-1 going into the A&M game. Win that and we are back on track.

We squandered very favorable field position throughout the first half. That almost always comes back to bite you. We had the opportunity to put that game to bed in the first half. We couldn't move the ball on a short field for most of the half. The offense was just putrid.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login