Leach lost me tonight

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Welcome to me 32 months ago. His offense just isn't going to work against good SEC defenses. And don't even get me started on the special teams.
In the last 3 games against power 5 teams with a pulse we have scored 21, 7, and 16.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
Very disappointing. They have 2 true freshman tackles for crying out loud. We give 4 yards cushion to every receiver and all those drops and dumb mistakes. Never run on a loaded box. Esp on 4th down. Twice

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Some of y’all are given to feminine emotional reaction. It’s hard to win in Tiger Stadium. Coach Leach erred in not choosing field position over gambling on fourth down, but ‘I hate you, I really do’ over one loss. Please, “tighten your buckler”, take it on the chin. Next game. Next opponent. Next play. Hail STATE!

Somebody alert rosey that one of his sheep has gone missing.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
We squandered very favorable field position throughout the first half. That almost always comes back to bite you. We had the opportunity to put that game to bed in the first half. We couldn't move the ball on a short field for most of the half. The offense was just putrid.

Please tell me this isn't the first time you've seen us do that. It happens and unfortunately we have a long history of it across multiple decades and coaches so there is that.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Maybe he could have hit their receivers maybe. Daniel's kept plays alive with his legs but his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Please tell me this isn't the first time you've seen us do that. It happens and unfortunately we have a long history of it across multiple decades and coaches so there is that.
Yep, and they all got run off in the duration of my fandom (since Bob Tyler) except one.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Will Rogers would have been an upgrade at QB for LSU tonight.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That's it. System qb with no xfactor. No cannon for an arm and can't extend plays with his legs. I just front see him as a playmaker. We really don't have playmakers. If we do we dont use them like we should.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
It was there for the taking especially in the 1st half. We let one get away and nobody is innocent. We should be 3-1 going into the A&M game. Win that and we are back on track.

But we didn’t and we aren’t...and we might not. Let’s talk about reality not speculation.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I don’t think Will was bad, he just has no ability to reach outside of the system. He can’t just toss up a bomb or gash them with his legs. That’s what the great QBs can do. I had a feeling that Will’s weapons would blow it. This is the third game in which they have made big mistakes.

He doesn’t have that it factor. I’ve been saying this. He’s only the starter because he “knows” the offense better. He’s had a tremendous head start.

Sep 12, 2013
Drebin, you’re the one who is lost. Do us a favor and stay lost. And don’t come back when we beat A&M in two weeks.

No, it is you who is lost, like an empty coke bottle in the Pacific Ocean, longing to be with the other trash that’s collected and formed a big trash float. But your isolated, bobbing in the waves, alone.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Nobody can run this offense.

We don't have the horses to run his offense and never will consistently.

Horses or not, it’s a 17ing gimmick that can get exposed by even the worst teams on your schedule. See Lootie, Univeristy Of.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
No, it is you who is lost, like an empty coke bottle in the Pacific Ocean, longing to be with the other trash that’s collected and formed a big trash float. But your isolated, bobbing in the waves, alone.

Made me think of Wilson the soccer ball for some odd reason 😀

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
There is a lot of criticism of the QB, fair play, BUT, the receivers aren't getting separation either quickly or, in the unlikely event Rogers has time, down the field. Our REAL problems are the receivers and the line, and I'd say the receivers most of all, with this so called "scheme."

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
There is no such thing as stepping forward in this league. That will never happen. We are a doormat. Our only chance is a coach like Leach who succeeds at doormats. If he doesn’t succeed for a season or two here, there’s not another option. We’re more likely to be left behind in a new league than we are to step forward.

Kentucky is stepping forward. Of coarse if it’s purely a money game now then state will remain in the bottom third and only hope to remain at the top of that tier with the best available hires for the price. Unfortunately Leach may be the best MSU can get on their budget.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
QBR:
Will 41.1
Daniels 68.9

Facts do not matter

What I saw tonight
- slow unconditioned defenders with some that just “jogged” to the ball
- a qb that looked scared shitless as if he were a true freshman again - the moment(s) were too big for him and will continue to be
- receivers did not help him out at all either

If LSU can knock the qb around like that, SR will get his opportunity against an upcoming opponent shortly

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Welcome to me 32 months ago. His offense just isn't going to work against good SEC defenses. And don't even get me started on the special teams.

Yeah, unfortunately that is the pattern that has emerged. Teams with exceptional athletes.....Bama, uGA and LSU...shut this offense down. ....and all proponents said this offense would neutralize the talent gap. It seems the opposite is true.

With that said, this offense (while I am not a huge fan) gives us a chance to win 6-7. When we play teams with talent closer to our talent level, we score enough to win. I like our chances in any game remaining but Alabama and UGA. Those two games we may not score. IT is what it is...as they say.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login