Leach

CrazyEyeKilla

Aug 22, 2012
I love Mike Leach. But he set us back. Think about it. We had Garrett Shrader who showed a lot as a freshman. Leach never gave him a chance. Put him on special teams. And now you look at him at Syracuse and see that guy is a playmaker at QB. What was Leach’s fixation on Will? Why was he his guy? I don’t get it. And Arnett completely changed the offense but decided to keep Will as QB1? What did Will do to deserve such credit?

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Well, I'd like fo know the full story on why Schrader left. Regardless... I'm afraid our story reminds me of Arkansas going from Nutt to Petrino to rolling in their own slop for years.

Much like Leach, Petrino filled their roster with WRs and when he left.... they were way down on talent. I hope we can turn it around quicker.

But today..... LSU was bigger and faster at every position. Both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was never a huge Leach fan, but you can't blame this on him.

Sep 16, 2023
I heard some rumors about Schrader leaving to avoid a recruiting violation and him and the university agreed to part ways.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I love Mike Leach. But he set us back. Think about it. We had Garrett Shrader who showed a lot as a freshman. Leach never gave him a chance. Put him on special teams. And now you look at him at Syracuse and see that guy is a playmaker at QB. What was Leach’s fixation on Will? Why was he his guy? I don’t get it. And Arnett completely changed the offense but decided to keep Will as QB1? What did Will do to deserve such credit?
I think Will was the man because:

1. Leach really liked Will personally. Who doesn’t? He’s a good dude.

2. Will rarely turned the ball over (probably because Will lacked confidence in his arm).

3. Will usually checked into the correct plays.

4. Will was pretty damn accurate within 10 yards (he has lost that) which allowed us to…and most importantly…

5. Rely on our defense to win games with a ball control, low risk/low reward offense.

CrazyEyeKilla

Aug 22, 2012
I feel like if Leach was still around, this would be one of his patented “up” years where he wins 9-10 regular season games and a bowl victory.
I think that’s probably true. But if you’re Arnett and you decided to change the offense completely. How do you not have the balls to go another direction at QB knowing that this new system requires a mobile QB.

it’s like you had the fortitude to go your own way and go away from the air raid but you didn’t have the fortitude to go all the way and find a new qb

Last edited:

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Maybe Leach wins 8-9... with Alabama being down. We aren't with this coaching staff for sure. However today did feel a lot like the Texas Tech Liberty bowl, Bama and UGA games last year.

Point is.... maybe LSU is just that good and we get to 6-7 wins this year and make some personnel changes to improve the offense next year.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I heard some rumors about Schrader leaving to avoid a recruiting violation and him and the university agreed to part ways.
Correct. A local tire store filled his tires with Nitrogen and didn’t charge the $2.50 a tire.

Bracky found out, he ripped off his shirt and confronted Cohen. Cohen threw his clipboard. Leach kicked his spit cup and it left a stain on the carpet.

Then it was decided to let Schrader leave under the cover of darkness.

• Haha
Reactions: 11thEagleFan

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Point is.... maybe LSU is just that good and we get to 6-7 wins this year and make some personnel changes to improve the offense next year.
We weren't beating LSU no matter what, so we are exactly at the win/loss total we were expected to be at. If we turn it around against USEe, we can still win 6 or 7 (which has been our exception all along).

Reactions: Maroon13

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Leach left behind a quality program that won 16 games his last two years. Not being able to sustain that is squarely on us. I understand hiring Arnett given what happened but nobody forced us to hire two two totally unproven coordinators as well and do a wholesale change on offense.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login