Leaked Audio from Lane-Player Mental Health Lawsuit

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
It was released to portray Lane in the worst possible light. But the idea that you can disappear for 2 weeks, ignore all communication, but then show up and expect to have everything you left back because you were “depressed” is ridiculous. That kid will never succeed in a marriage, parenting, or in a career if that his operating procedure. And then ask for $40M…

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
That is a BAD look in today’s world.
I feel that for most people in this shittastic society we endure, the worm has turned and fewer people care how something “looks”. I just want true, unbiased facts and IDGAF what it looks like. If someone is too distraught or depressed to answer a phone call or text from superiors for 2 weeks they should be with clinical professionals, not in a football locker room. 17 how it looks.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

I hate ole miss but 17 that DT.

It would be real simple to contact the coach and say “hey coach, I’m having a terrible time right now. I can’t meet with you.”

Hell just text it. Have your mom text it. Your dad. Your friend. Anyone. Then it’s in writing.

Life has consequences even if you are going through a rough time.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
I feel that for most people in this shittastic society we endure, the worm has turned and fewer people care how something “looks”. I just want true, unbiased facts and IDGAF what it looks like. If someone is too distraught or depressed to answer a phone call or text from superiors for 2 weeks they should be with clinical professionals, not in a football locker room. 17 how it looks.
Oh, I agree with you. However, the people who control the news cycle are 180 degrees from your point of view. That headline will make the national rounds guaranteed. It’ll blow over, but at the very least Kiffin opened himself up for some tough questions on mama’s couch.

Reactions: onewoof

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
I would like to announce that due to this football season, I will be filing a lawsuit against MSU for cruel and unusual punishment. I will be seeking...

One Hundred Billion Dollars (austin powers) on Make a GIF

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Oh, I agree with you. However, the people who control the news cycle are 180 degrees from your point of view. That headline will make the national rounds guaranteed. It’ll blow over, but at the very least Kiffin opened himself up for some tough questions on mama’s couch.
Agreed.
Part of me loves for these challenges to arise and see the bullish!t gloves come off.

Another part wants to see the confederates mercilessly embarrassed by this. It’s a complex issue.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It was released to portray Lane in the worst possible light. But the idea that you can disappear for 2 weeks, ignore all communication, but then show up and expect to have everything you left back because you were “depressed” is ridiculous. That kid will never succeed in a marriage, parenting, or in a career if that his operating procedure. And then ask for $40M…

Exactly. I have little sympathy for the player. I don't think Kiffin is guilty of anything other than maybe a little stupidity in how he's handled it.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
As heartless as he might sound, Lane is right.
He is solidifying his legacy. He will be bigger than Vaught, the Bear, and the Great Satan, when he's finished.
But one question remains: -- will he stay in Oxford for the coronation?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That is a BAD look in today’s world.
Yep.

I know most of y’all DNGA17 about procedural stuff when it comes to higher education and mental illness but Ole Miss’s folks are most likely having headaches about this…

Everything is litigious. Ole Miss has no choice but to play this by the book even more. And now they can’t just say that the coach denied saying things if there’s a tape out there (that defense is the usual course of action by folks in authority in university settings like coaches and professors).

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Ok then, let me ask?
Just what is coaching staff supposed to do, when a player is not coming to practice, and or participating with the team?
Just let them hang out?

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023

100% believe that people have mental health issues that must be dealt with, that being said there is zero excuse for no communication. I also 100% believe many now use it as an excuse because its easy, and this day and age hard to dispute.......just like COVID. (I still hear almost weekly someone blaming COVID on lack of production).

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Ok then, let me ask?
Just what is coaching staff supposed to do, when a player is not coming to practice, and or participating with the team?
Just let them hang out?

What Kiffin should have done was to let a friendly doctor give him a medical redshirt to not be on the football team and honor the scholarship.

Simple as that.

Reactions: Dawgg

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
What Kiffin should have done was to let a friendly doctor give him a medical redshirt to not be on the football team and honor the scholarship.

Simple as that.
Probably, but I suspect there has been more to their conversations, than this tape.
This was just a snap shot.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Probably, but I suspect there has been more to their conversations, than this tape.
This was just a snap shot.
Oh I’m sure there’s more.

Kiffin should have just played it straight and acted “out of concern” for the football player.

And what could the player do in that scenario?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
100% believe that people have mental health issues that must be dealt with, that being said there is zero excuse for no communication. I also 100% believe many now use it as an excuse because its easy, and this day and age hard to dispute.......just like COVID. (I still hear almost weekly someone blaming COVID on lack of production).
Preaching to the choir here.

That said, students expect to get pushback from folks in authority — especially those people they see often.

So students tend to try to be silent and keep it to themselves.

I would not be shocked if the football player goes this route that he wanted to just stay away because he knew he’d get grief from Kiffin…

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I would not be shocked if the football player goes this route that he wanted to just stay away because he knew he’d get grief from Kiffin…
If true, even more of a puzzy. Dude, you play D1 football. You no likely yelling or cursing? Get on the mutha17in chess team.

Oh, wait, you’re no longer a campus hero and get all the co-ed poon you want playing chess.

I realize comparative stresses and obligations are unfair, but if someone doesn’t tell this kid he’s never ever going to feel as good and have it as good as he has it right now as a college athlete, his mental health is going to really plague him as he ages and enters the sh!tty world the rest of us live in.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Lane’s issue with that audio is that he called the player a pu$$y and accused him of “hiding behind $h!t” so he wouldn’t have to work.

If he’d have calmly explained to him that he was being removed from the team for not showing up or meeting with his coaches, he’d be 100% OK.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So y’all hear me out… should the player be treated as an employee?

I feel like the big argument in favor of Kiffin is that the player couldn’t disappear for 2 weeks “in the real world”, but the other side of that is Kiffin cussing and essentially calling the player a рussy wouldn’t fly “in the real world” either.

Is there a man on this board that would take that from their boss without repercussion?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login