Leaked Audio from Lane-Player Mental Health Lawsuit

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
So y’all hear me out… should the player be treated as an employee?

I feel like the big argument in favor of Kiffin is that the player couldn’t disappear for 2 weeks “in the real world”, but the other side of that is Kiffin cussing and essentially calling the player a рussy wouldn’t fly “in the real world” either.

Is there a man on this board that would take that from their boss without repercussion?
Excuse me sir, but you’re confusing Six Pack with the Real World…

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Now that players are on the payroll, they have legal rights for employment. Ask an HR rep how notifications must be sent and documented. You can't just say hey come meet with the business owner and get yelled at.

This will come down to a doctor's testimony of the depression. If that exists and if the player releases that information.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Now that players are on the payroll, they have legal rights for employment. Ask an HR rep how notifications must be sent and documented. You can't just say hey come meet with the business owner and get yelled at.

This will come down to a doctor's testimony of the depression. If that exists and if the player releases that information.
For what it’s worth, university HR reps already can take into account bias complaints by students towards faculty/staff…

Reactions: Dawgg and onewoof

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What Kiffin should have done was to let a friendly doctor give him a medical redshirt to not be on the football team and honor the scholarship.

Simple as that.
Maybe he was trying to do that but the dip$h1t wouldn’t respond?

patdog

May 28, 2007

Players are not on the payroll. They’re independent contractors paid by unaffiliated corporations for NIL services not connected with playing sports. I know that sounds ridiculous. But that is the way it’s set up.

Reactions: GomJabbar and Dawgg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
So y’all hear me out… should the player be treated as an employee?

I feel like the big argument in favor of Kiffin is that the player couldn’t disappear for 2 weeks “in the real world”, but the other side of that is Kiffin cussing and essentially calling the player a рussy wouldn’t fly “in the real world” either.

Is there a man on this board that would take that from their boss without repercussion?
Kiffin was stupid for saying what he did but the player is still a big ole PY.

And there are a lot of things that happen on a football field/practice that wouldn’t fly in the real world. Same with the military and other occupations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Maybe he was trying to do that but the dip$h1t wouldn’t respond?
If he really was trying to do that, he wouldn’t have gotten as angry as he was alleged to be…

Kiffin did coach for Saban— he knows about Processing after all…

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Kiffin was stupid for saying what he did but the player is still a big ole PY.

And there are a lot of things that happen on a football field/practics that wouldn’t fly in the real world. Same with the military and other occupations.
I agree but don’t be surprised if what currently happens in college athletics changes— especially when it comes to incidences such as this one where bias can be argued…

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If he really was trying to do that, he wouldn’t have gotten as angry as he was alleged to be…

It’s extremely plausible that he was trying to sincerely reach out but got frustrated after no response for weeks.

I’ve been there with employees.

Employee: I can’t be here at 9:00 exactly bc I have to drop my kids off every morning.

me: ok let’s schedule you for 9:15 to alleviate that

employee: immediately starts being showing up at 9:20

hey I need more hours
Manager schedules 2 doubles and an additional shift.
Employee: why you got me working so much?

the worst
No call no shows
Then you take them off the schedule and they call wanting to know why they aren’t on it
Then bewildered when you deny their unemployment

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I would like to announce that due to this football season, I will be filing a lawsuit against MSU for cruel and unusual punishment. I will be seeking...

One Hundred Billion Dollars (austin powers) on Make a GIF

This will end up being a class action law suit.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Only on this board will people take up for Lane and trash the junction for being a war zone. This place is boomer country.
Only on this board will someone take up for a snowflake loser who couldn't stop banging co-eds to answer a phone for 2 weeks then sue for $40 mil. This whole country is Gen z poison.

Reactions: paindonthurt

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009

The full article indicates that Kiffin tried to process the kid. First, he tried to get the kid to transfer then when he didn't, he moved him to OL on the scout team. The full audio is also in the article. In the full audio, Lane says something to the effect of "I bet if we hadn't changed your position, you wouldn't be having mental health issues would you?"

I'm not saying Kiffin is wrong, but he definitely handled it wrong. If this were an unlawful termination suit and that conversation took place between a boss/HR Manager and an employee, it'd be a clear win for the person being terminated.

I'll also add that $40MM is a ridiculous ask by the player.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The full article indicates that Kiffin tried to process the kid. First, he tried to get the kid to transfer then when he didn't, he moved him to OL on the scout team. The full audio is also in the article. In the full audio, Lane says something to the effect of "I bet if we hadn't changed your position, you wouldn't be having mental health issues would you?"

I'm not saying Kiffin is wrong, but he definitely handled it wrong. If this were an unlawful termination suit and that conversation took place between a boss/HR Manager and an employee, it'd be a clear win for the person being terminated.

I'll also add that $40MM is a ridiculous ask by the player.
of COURSE it’s a ridiculous ask.

The question is HOW…

Go Dark Helmet GIF

#youneverknowwhatyougetuntilyouask
#thetapesaredrivingthepricehigher
#themuzzleaintforjuice

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login