Leaving SEC

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
And all of this ******** doesn’t look that bad now, does it?
Smart people, how do you invest in this? NIL. I’d rather go hor my body out and donate the money and aids to Habitat for Humanity.

In what world is a donation check worth the investment in our current situation?

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
It looks horrible. Not only could we be even poorer, imagine that flex plan!! Duke, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest for $99!!!
That’s likely 3 great football games, with clean and rich fanbases and wonderful college towns. I’d trade those 3 with Ark Kentucky and T&M any day of the week

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Smart people, how do you invest in this? NIL. I’d rather go hor my body out and donate the money and aids to Habitat for Humanity.

In what world is a donation check worth the investment in our current situation?
I would tell you to switch your allegiance to Ole Miss but even they wouldn't take an attitude like yours. Seek Help or just quit all together would be my advice to a mindset like yours. When the going gets tough, well, you know the story man.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
That’s likely 3 great football games, with clean and rich fanbases and wonderful college towns. I’d trade those 3 with Ark Kentucky and T&M any day of the week
No thanks. Awful take.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I would tell you to switch your allegiance to Ole Miss but even they wouldn't take an attitude like yours. Seek Help or just quit all together would be my advice to a mindset like yours. When the going gets tough, well, you know the story man.
The smart get going.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Where has playing Bama LSU and UGA really done for MSU? Besides trickle down money that isn’t rewarded? You like handouts?
I absolutely love the check we get from the SEC. But if you want every kid in MS a to go to OM then lets join the ACC!!

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I believe a new conference will be formed or we will slip into tier two of the football division…whichever one comes first.

The 12 team playoff will be the same 12 teams every year. A 24 team playoff, will be the same 24 a year.

it’s prob best for us to look at schools ranked between 25-50 in endowment and slot in there.

With the addition of Okl and Texas the SEC will have 10 of the top richest football schools in America in one conference….that includes OM.

just something to look at

Where do y’all think MSU falls in football endowments compared to the top 25?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Y'all we just finished 3rd in the west.... chill. We are fine. Leaving the SEC would be a 2005 thought.... Get over yourselves

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's just a matter of time. The top 10 or so programs are going to join up with the top programs in the other conferences and create a 30 or so team super league. We'll be left with the other smaller P5 programs + the larger G5 programs in the 2nd tier. It'll be a big TV revenue hit, but overall probably the best thing for us under the circumstances. We've never been able to compete with the largest programs in the SEC, but the gap is about to get a lot bigger.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Y'all we just finished 3rd in the west.... chill. We are fine. Leaving the SEC would be a 2005 thought.... Get over yourselves
We finished 3rd in the west because of how Leach has managed the roster…redshirts and playing time. We had a perfect mix of younger and vets.

Our 3 diamonds star DB or WR or DL….will now be poached. MSU has survived the last 20 years in the SEC because of this strategy…recruiting MS kids.

Kif saw the light last year. Why waste your time and effort on any sort of highschool player? Besides, the second he does anything productive, we will lose the bidding war.

How can you invest in this without being a extremely wealthy?

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
It's just a matter of time. The top 10 or so programs are going to join up with the top programs in the other conferences and create a 30 or so team super league. We'll be left with the other smaller P5 programs + the larger G5 programs in the 2nd tier. It'll be a big TV revenue hit, but overall probably the best thing for us under the circumstances. We've never been able to compete with the largest programs in the SEC, but the gap is about to get a lot bigger.

100%
How can powers at be sit conservatively and watch?

They just watched our 100th successful Alum AD get poached again….I wonder how many more times my school gonna bend over and let them take the entire anus out of our Athletic Programs.

If this is the SEC way, I’m over it.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Could be heading for football version of the Great Reset. Those other conferences were tired of the SEC dominating so how do you redistribute talent to the Elite non-SEC programs? Transfer portal and NIL.

Rumor has it even Harvard and Yale are crunching numbers on NIL with hopes of returning to football greatness....you can't make this shite up.....or can you?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
We won't leave the SEC. HOWEVER.....the elite SEC football teams could leave MSU and the other mid to lower teams behind to form a superconference as many have talked about before. I kinda think this could very well happen. The question will be.....will we still support MSU football while playing other small market schools like us for our own championship. I would.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I think we need to have some serious discussion with the B team representatives within the next 5-6 years. I don’t see this ending well for programs in our situation…which, not many have a tougher row to hoe than MSU.

It’s tough to garner enough excitement to generate the equal amount of donations to fund the players to compete at the top. It will take a few years but conferences will begin to have juggernauts…talent gap expands because of zero cap.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think when the next portal window opens GA will have 7 to 8 hop into it. There are 4 stars sitting on bench with a 4 or 5 star in front, one behind and one being recruited for your position. I suspect if Bama was in the playoff, they would only have one or two sitting in it now. "Why walk away from a ring?"

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
doesn’t look that bad now, does it?
Look, we'll never be able to compete with the vast majority of teams in the SEC but we'll have more money than we've ever had before but we'll continue to be in the bottom/bottom-half of the league in most sports. Conversely, you leave the SEC and your recruiting will suck. We'd essentially turn into USM only with a bigger fanbase.

Reactions: Dawgg

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
What made me bump this? …I just think some of this will come into play ….especially with PAC 12 folding …..also, I’m going to eventually be right, so we may as well getter moved up!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login