Lebby and Stadium Upgrades

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
So will having a new coach be parlayed into stadium upgrades? Full chair backs? Other renovations?
I seriously doubt full bowl but maybe if he shows success for a year or two.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
So will having a new coach be parlayed into stadium upgrades? Full chair backs? Other renovations?
We need to enclose the SE in some way.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Two years ago saw plans for enclosing the south end zone from athletic department, I like the idea but the renderings were basically to enclose the lower bowl with a GameDay hotel and some loge type seating on the field. I say put the Davis wade lofts in balconies for halftime entertainment much like the left field lofts? Who's with me???? But in all seriousness, filling that end with loge type seating to close in the house and not add too many seats that are left empty would be great in my opinion.

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The Stadium is getting a Lobby? **

I joke but geez… that’s what it looked like to me when I read that the first time…

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Seats above student section under overhang below the scoreboard club, in my humble opinion, the best seats in the house
oh yeah, I love those.

Anything is better than the aluminum bleacher seats.

I'd like anything that incorporates drink rails, standing and moving around. The drink rails in the SB club is where we watch games.

Reactions: Bullldawg78

dotcomdawg

Oct 2, 2013
If I were the AD, I'd raise the money to bowl the south end in with an exact replica of the north end. Add larger chairbacks everywhere (except student and visitor's sections). The total stadium should seat no more than 62k. Upgrade sound and go all-out on LED throughout. And go all out in over-the-top VIP fashion in the press box section that houses national broadcasting (ESPN etc) crews.

As an aside. way more detail and attention needs to be spent on the national media who are on campus (low investment/high reward) to broadcast games. They should have something akin to a personal valet for the entirety of their visit to pamper them at every turn which will payoff in positive comments on national media during broadcasts.

Reactions: CDawg08

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
While they’re at it, go ahead and run permanent cabling to all camera posts and our own cameras for ESPN to use so we don’t get crappy video going forward. I know I’m dreaming…

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Whatever is done it will some sort of premium seating like the Scoreboard or gridiron club .

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Without his permission, I'm going to play Lucifer's advocate for a moment.

Devil's Advocate statement: I don't understand the "enclose it just so it's enclosed" concept. Why does it need to be enclosed? Because others have done it? Build it and they will come? It looks better?

Hotel in the stadium? We ***** now about hotel prices in town, you think one in the endzone of DWS is going to be cheaper and help that? Lower prices will bring down other prices, not higher ones.

More seats? Attendance is down now nationwide every year. We don't need more seats, we don't fill it up now, we need fewer.

There's a new thread now about seat premium prices going up next year and parking being taken away, what's a new construction project like that going to do those prices?

More NIL funds needed, LED Disco Lights needed, Arnett's new $4.5 million dollar buyout to pony up for, possibly a buyout after this baseball season for Lemonis if he continues the trend, a higher salary (assumed) than we've paid for a head football coach ever now, increase the assistants pay, plastic chairback seats w/ drink holders, more security in The Junction, better game day experience in The Junction, etc etc

I'm not saying we don't need some of these things at all, but with more and more people saying they aren't renewing every year because the experience is better at home, parking sucks, game day experience sucks, the team sucks, administration sucks, who is going to pay for all of this, the ones that are left now and dwindling every year? Baseball will be here soon and the renewed debate about adding seats (premium and general admission) there will heat up soon. The debate has already started about where all the money went that was spent for The Hump.

Don't shoot the messenger, just questions that roll into my mind when I see all of this is mentioned w/ no apparent thought to funding.

revereno

Jun 17, 2014
You've got to spend money to make money. Let's be honest as well, our ticket prices are some of the cheapest by far in the SEC.

Chairbacking the stadium is going to take away 5-10,000 seats. Adding an endzone would help offset that.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
You've got to spend money to make money. Let's be honest as well, our ticket prices are some of the cheapest by far in the SEC.

Chairbacking the stadium is going to take away 5-10,000 seats. Adding an endzone would help offset that.
And, regardless of what some think, having an enclosed end zone will attract recruits. Even my 9 yr old grandson notices the lack of seats there. It wouldn’t just be for looks…it would be used for seating.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

Devil's Advocate statement: I don't understand the "enclose it just so it's enclosed" concept. Why does it need to be enclosed? Because others have done it? Build it and they will come? It looks better?

Hotel in the stadium? We ***** now about hotel prices in town, you think one in the endzone of DWS is going to be cheaper and help that? Lower prices will bring down other prices, not higher ones.

More seats? Attendance is down now nationwide every year. We don't need more seats, we don't fill it up now, we need fewer.

There's a new thread now about seat premium prices going up next year and parking being taken away, what's a new construction project like that going to do those prices?

More NIL funds needed, LED Disco Lights needed, Arnett's new $4.5 million dollar buyout to pony up for, possibly a buyout after this baseball season for Lemonis if he continues the trend, a higher salary (assumed) than we've paid for a head football coach ever now, increase the assistants pay, plastic chairback seats w/ drink holders, more security in The Junction, better game day experience in The Junction, etc etc

I'm not saying we don't need some of these things at all, but with more and more people saying they aren't renewing every year because the experience is better at home, parking sucks, game day experience sucks, the team sucks, administration sucks, who is going to pay for all of this, the ones that are left now and dwindling every year? Baseball will be here soon and the renewed debate about adding seats (premium and general admission) there will heat up soon. The debate has already started about where all the money went that was spent for The Hump.

Don't shoot the messenger, just questions that roll into my mind when I see all of this is mentioned w/ no apparent thought to funding.

1. LED lights and sound system is going be in place next season.
2. Club/suites are being added where press box level is located.
3. SEZ is out for planning/design now. Should start hearing about that late summer if I'm guessing.
5. That Arnett buyout goes away as soon as he takes a new job.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

Is there a college station in the entire country (other than those that share with the NFL, and maybe the Syracuse dome) that have chair back seats all around? That's a fairly expensive thing to do, and seat prices would have to increase accordingly.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Prices have already gone up if you looked at the bottom of the email from Selmon announcing Lebby, my seats went up by $300 per seat for license fee?

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Prices have already gone up if you looked at the bottom of the email from Selmon announcing Lebby, my seats went up by $300 per seat for license fee?
We had east club level seats from the inception up until about 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, at first each seat had a fee of $1200, and by the time age and travel caught up with us, as well as reseating, it was around $1700. Just saw somewhere that each seat now is going from $1900 to $2200. I suppose that's not too bad for 20+ years, and recent inflation, and having changed coaches several times.

If we went to chair backs all around, I think the seat fee would increase substantially, especially for the seats that are now bleachers.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I wish college stadium upgrades would kinda move towards like what the Braves have done with the Battery. Make it an all day or weekend destination to stick around the stadium. Build a parking garage close by and have a good brewery, 2-3 restaurants/bars, a hotel and a few shops with tons of walking space, a kids play zone. Obviously not to the scale of the battery but something along those lines.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I think there’s a fine line between providing a better game day experience and pricing a large percentage of our fans out. A lot of things have already been discussed during the season, distance people drive, lack of affordable hotel space, the crap shoot of 11:00 am kickoffs etc. It would be great to see some of those game day enhancements quantified monetarily.

For example, I’d love chairback seating, but if you told me I’d be paying $250 x 4 over the next 10 years to pay for it I’d continue to be happy carrying my $20 stadium seats I bought 10 years ago in with me.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
If I were the AD, I'd raise the money to bowl the south end in with an exact replica of the north end. Add larger chairbacks everywhere (except student and visitor's sections). The total stadium should seat no more than 62k. Upgrade sound and go all-out on LED throughout. And go all out in over-the-top VIP fashion in the press box section that houses national broadcasting (ESPN etc) crews.

As an aside. way more detail and attention needs to be spent on the national media who are on campus (low investment/high reward) to broadcast games. They should have something akin to a personal valet for the entirety of their visit to pamper them at every turn which will payoff in positive comments on national media during broadcasts.
LED should be table stakes at this point.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I wish college stadium upgrades would kinda move towards like what the Braves have done with the Battery. Make it an all day or weekend destination to stick around the stadium. Build a parking garage close by and have a good brewery, 2-3 restaurants/bars, a hotel and a few shops with tons of walking space, a kids play zone. Obviously not to the scale of the battery but something along those lines.
The Braves play 81 home games a year.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Is there a college station in the entire country (other than those that share with the NFL, and maybe the Syracuse dome) that have chair back seats all around? That's a fairly expensive thing to do, and seat prices would have to increase accordingly.
UNC did it. It reduced capacity by 13,000. I honestly think it’s ahead of the curve. You have to promote comfort to compete with sitting at home and watching TV. I don’t think 65,000 seats is going to be a viable option.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Yes obviously that’s a huge factor but the concept is still something that would be doable. All sports venues are close in Starkville. This “battery” type setup could be something people frequent throughout the year with basketball, baseball season as well. A one stop area for all day entertainment instead of having to get in a car several times for several different stops to search for parking.

Reactions: Dawg84

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
If you’re already planning to add a hotel type thing in the end zone why not add a complex addition off of it with a few restaurants a brewery… maybe an Alamo ale house cinema type thing and a kids zone. College students and many others would keep an Alamo ale house cinema going right there on campus plus the brewery. I think it could work.

Reactions: Dawg84

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

You're not wrong. And our fans have to commit to do more. If our fans simply do what other fanbases do (i.e. say 17 it and stay home and watch on TV), then we WILL fall behind. We don't have that luxury.

I've told this board hundreds of times, WE MUST BE DIFFERENT. We have to have better Gameday support on average, per capita, than our competition. If you notice, I don't ever push for NIL donations - that's for others to parrot. But I absolutely shame our fanbase for not showing up to games. I don't care where you live, you can make a few games per year and sit in the upper deck.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Our fans with kids are too busy stupidly spending their life savings playing travel baseball and soccer every weekend. Honestly, I think we should forget about making things kid friendly and just make it a big party. Do I want a weed smoking convention outside the front of the stadium? No. But we should have a big party deck in the south end zone. Make it a place for all the non-football socialites to come one-up each other.

Lord knows, with all the commercials, we've got plenty of time to stand around.

willi13

Sep 24, 2003
Medical marijuana store

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Does he notice all the empty ones elsewhere?
Lol…we win, we fill the seats. We could have sold more tickets in the Mullen era. I went to school at State when it held 32,000, and every time we added on, some said we would never fill it. We have with each addition. My grandson notices a lot by the way. Pretty smart kid!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login