Lebby and Stadium Upgrades

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Our fans with kids are too busy stupidly spending their life savings playing travel baseball and soccer every weekend. Honestly, I think we should forget about making things kid friendly and just make it a big party. Do I want a weed smoking convention outside the front of the stadium? No. But we should have a big party deck in the south end zone. Make it a place for all the non-football socialites to come one-up each other.

Lord knows, with all the commercials, we've got plenty of time to stand around.
Not a bad idea would be similar to the end zone at the Titans stadium in Nashville. Lower seating, but a huge mezzanine type area further up with concessions, random seating with tables and chairs. But mostly just a large hangout area for congregating and watching the game.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
This is one thing I really wish we had in close proximity. Like a Sardis to Oxford, or Lake Martin to Auburn.

lakes tok & white creek a lil’ drive, ocl was drained a few years back but holding water again.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
You've got to spend money to make money. Let's be honest as well, our ticket prices are some of the cheapest by far in the SEC.

Chairbacking the stadium is going to take away 5-10,000 seats. Adding an endzone would help offset that.
I’d easily pay and extra $50 per ticket per game for full chair backs. The bleacher seating really needs to be phased out in the lower sections.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Lol…we win, we fill the seats. We could have sold more tickets in the Mullen era. I went to school at State when it held 32,000, and every time we added on, some said we would never fill it. We have with each addition. My grandson notices a lot by the way. Pretty smart kid!
Agree but we can't have this attitude if we want to get ahead. We have to start showing up, even in down years.

Reactions: Dawg84

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

lakes tok & white creek a lil’ drive, ocl was drained a few years back but holding water again.
I mean a lake big enough to have houses and things on them. A true resort area.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I’d easily pay and extra $50 per ticket per game for full chair backs. The bleacher seating really needs to be phased out in the lower sections.
Yes! The bleachers in section 5 way too long, I think they span 70 seats without an isle. We had seats 34 and 35, you couldn't see either end from our seats :LOL:

Reactions: BigDawg0074

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Lol…we win, we fill the seats. We could have sold more tickets in the Mullen era. I went to school at State when it held 32,000, and every time we added on, some said we would never fill it. We have with each addition. My grandson notices a lot by the way. Pretty smart kid!
We won 9 last year, nowhere near full. You can "LOL" all you want to but facts are facts. Attendance last season overall was up a "modest 5%" but was attributed to fans returning after Covid seasons but nowhere near where it was pre-covid. I was in school 82-85 and nowhere near full then either. The Mullen seasons 2009-2017 were highest ticket demand we've ever had, otherwise........

College Attendance Down 7th Straight Season Lowest Avg Since 1981 Article

Reactions: Duke Humphrey

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Bar, night club, 5 full restaurants with seating overlooking the field, move the cheetah lounge to the top of the MClub! We got this baby.
Arkansas did this in their latest renovation (minus cheetah), but have a bar/event space up top they open during the season on Friday nights and rent out year round.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Agree but we can't have this attitude if we want to get ahead. We have to start showing up, even in down years.
I totally agree. I’ve been a season ticket holder since the 90’s, and have rarely missed a game during good years and bad. Best years were in the Dak era when my youngest daughter was also on the cheer squad!

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
We won 9 last year, nowhere near full. You can "LOL" all you want to but facts are facts. Attendance last season overall was up a "modest 5%" but was attributed to fans returning after Covid seasons but nowhere near where it was pre-covid. I was in school 82-85 and nowhere near full then either. The Mullen seasons 2009-2017 were highest ticket demand we've ever had, otherwise........

College Attendance Down 7th Straight Season Lowest Avg Since 1981 Article
We’ll always have some empty seats (as do most venues), but with a max of around 65,000, we’ll also have the seating available for the games that attract the fans.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
The Braves play 81 home games a year.
And bring 3 million paying customers to The Battery each year. That's just the Braves attendees. The whole complex has 10M visitors.

I wish we could do something like that as well, but you can't pay for it without generating way more revenue than you could ever bring to a college campus.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login