Lebby lured a QB

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I wish we would have pursued Will to stay if this is all we could get.
Have I missed something? Where is Will going? Last I saw he had slid down to the 15th QB in the portal and his valuation had dropped by $100k. Shapen is #24 in the portal.

Lebby's offense is about getting rid of the ball quickly. It's literally catch the snap and throw, that's not something Will has shown.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
This guy will be the starter. I wish we would have pursued Will to stay if this is all we could get
I have will fatigue. I don't think he has what lebby wants in a QB. He needs to go run the air raid. As far as QB portal ranking, after the top 10 or maybe less l, you could probably rearrange them in any order. Our QB could go off like Gabriel did if we put together a line and get some guys that can catch and run routes.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Have I missed something? Where is Will going? Last I saw he had slid down to the 15th QB in the portal and his valuation had dropped by $100k. Shapen is #24 in the portal.

Lebby's offense is about getting rid of the ball quickly. It's literally catch the snap and throw, that's not something Will has shown.
He won't be back. WK or USM is his future probably or wash state since ward is moving on. Highly doubt Washington signs him.
Coming Monday, supposedly
Yeah lot of folks saying he's not coming here. But he is visiting next week. I imagine fill court press will be on

patdog

May 28, 2007
He won't be back. WK or USM is his future probably or wash state since ward is moving on. Highly doubt Washington signs him.

Yeah lot of folks saying he's not coming here. But he is visiting next week. I imagine fill court press will be on
If Lebby thought we were getting Gabriel, I don’t know why he takes this guy today. We have glaring needs all over the place & limited NIL funds. If we’re taking a QB to sit in the bench, I question Lenny’s judgement.

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013

Will can throw Jett Sweep Lebby’s bubble screens, quick passes, and swing passes. Will can absolutely do this.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Will can throw Jett Sweep Lebby’s bubble screens, quick passes, and swing passes. Will can absolutely do this.
I'm by far not a QB evaluator, but getting rid of the ball quickly is not something I've seen Will do much of? Throwing short passes like that, doesn't the QB need velocity on those throws?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If Lebby thought we were getting Gabriel, I don’t know why he takes this guy today. We have glaring needs all over the place & limited NIL funds. If we’re taking a QB to sit in the bench, I question Lenny’s judgement.
It's about competition. Better to have options. It's not going to be wright. Probably not parson. So get an older guy. He's obviously not wanting to stay at Baylor tell him competition is open. Ole Miss had two portal transfers going against an incumbent

Reactions: Dawg1976

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's about competition. Better to have options. It's not going to be wright. Probably not parson. So get an older guy. He's obviously not wanting to stay at Baylor tell him competition is open. Ole Miss had two portal transfers going against an incumbent
We need several OL to block for these QBs. We need at least one good TE and a couple of receivers. And a good RB. And that doesn't even begin to cover our massive needs on defense. How much NIL money do we have? (Hint, it's more than it was but it's still not much).

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login