Legal Update:

Nov 3, 2021
This is scathing. "Denying the injunction and allowing Plaintiff's removal would re-cast a shadow over the financial operations of Defendants, to the detriment of every Penn State stakeholder except those at the very top of the Penn State hierarchy."

I had to read that twice. Is the judge saying that those at the top of Penn State leadership are running the university for their own financial benefit?

It gets better - the judge comes right out and says that Barry would most likely win on the merits of his case. And that Penn State has been retaliating against him since he became a trustee in July 2022.

"Rather than provide Plaintiff with the information that he has requested, Defendants repeatedly denied the requests and sought an opportunity like the July 19, 2024 interaction that would provide the basis to remove the Plaintiff and end his probing inquiries into the health of the endowment and other university business for which he has a responsibility."

It would seem the only honorable thing would be for the BOT leadership to resign. And several of the key players. And let's throw in Penn State's General Counsel Tabitha Oman. Clean out Old Main.

Huge, huge win Barry, congratulations.

wbcbus

Oct 8, 2021
This is scathing. "Denying the injunction and allowing Plaintiff's removal would re-cast a shadow over the financial operations of Defendants, to the detriment of every Penn State stakeholder except those at the very top of the Penn State hierarchy."

I had to read that twice. Is the judge saying that those at the top of Penn State leadership are running the university for their own financial benefit?

It gets better - the judge comes right out and says that Barry would most likely win on the merits of his case. And that Penn State has been retaliating against him since he became a trustee in July 2022.

"Rather than provide Plaintiff with the information that he has requested, Defendants repeatedly denied the requests and sought an opportunity like the July 19, 2024 interaction that would provide the basis to remove the Plaintiff and end his probing inquiries into the health of the endowment and other university business for which he has a responsibility."

It would seem the only honorable thing would be for the BOT leadership to resign. And several of the key players. And let's throw in Penn State's General Counsel Tabitha Oman. Clean out Old Main.

One of the factors that usually has to be demonstrated to obtain a preliminary injunction is the likelihood of success on the merits of the arguments at the conclusion of the litigation. Obtaining a TRO or preliminary injunction is a good signal as to the final outcome of the case.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Barry walking into the next bot meeting:

PSUFTG

Nov 1, 2021
Lmao I may have to come up just to see this.. Congrats Barry, I know there are some idiots on this Board even, that are crying this morning based on the ruling, but this has made my week!
I am far too exhausted to celebrate - especially given that there is still so VERY much more to do. But this was huge, as it gives us the opportunity to take on that work.

I - and I think all Penn Staters - should be very grateful for the Judge's common-sense ruling. Very grateful indeed.

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021

Do you have a link to this?

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
NOW we’re going to see the posters on here with the personal beef against Barry. There are a few (and you know who you are) that will have to swallow pretty hard when they see this. I’ve said for a while, I have no dog in this fight but throwing the shade (as the kids say) at Barry for fighting this feels personal. This has all seemed like a righteous effort looking at it from the outside.

Congrats Barry, keep up the fight and ignore the boners that are trying to keep you down

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
NOW we’re going to see the posters on here with the personal beef against Barry. There are a few (and you know who you are) that will have to swallow pretty hard when they see this. I’ve said for a while, I have no dog in this fight but throwing the shade (as the kids say) at Barry for fighting this feels personal. This has all seemed like a righteous effort looking at it from the outside.

Congrats Barry, keep up the fight and ignore the boners that are trying to keep you down

Think it's less a *personal* beef with Barry and more a 'We just want PSU to be successful and out of the news' stance they have which is mostly tied to the success of Penn State football (PSU in the news is bad for business, etc.).

Reactions: step.eng69

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Think it's less a *personal* beef with Barry and more a 'We just want PSU to be successful and out of the news' stance they have which is mostly tied to the success of Penn State football (PSU in the news is bad for business, etc.).
Part of it is personal and part of it is the attitude that Penn State is perfect (or, at least, the greatest thing since canned beer) so woe to the person that sheds a light on its deficiencies, even if the intent is to remedy them.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021

It's a beautiful thing. Those that were bashing Barry are not feeling too good today. As the tiniest sliver of outside light has crept into the room where the BOT grazes.... I am sure the BOT does not like this attention and likely much more outside light about to shine in on them

Reactions: TiogaLion

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
It's a beautiful thing. Those that were bashing Barry are not feeling too good today. As the tiniest sliver of outside light has crept into the room where the BOT grazes.... I am sure the BOT does not like this attention and likely much more outside light about to shine in on them

Self inflicted too; could very easily give Barry the information he wanted and tell him to keep it confidential, or better yet, publicly defend their decisions. But, too much pride - and like Marcellus Wallace would say, ‘F*ck pride. Pride never helps. It only hurts.’

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login