Lemonis speaks on not being a host

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The Sopranos Tony Soprano GIF - The Sopranos Tony Soprano What Are You Gonna Do GIFs

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
For several years I watched and kept up with UFC. Dana White always said "you can't let the judge decide". We let the judge decide. We should have taken care of business in a couple of the midweek games, shouldn't have let FL come back when we were up big..... we ultimately left them enough wiggle room to pick someone else.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
For several years I watched and kept up with UFC. Dana White always said "you can't let the judge decide". We let the judge decide. We should have taken care of business in a couple of the midweek games, shouldn't have let FL come back when we were up big..... we ultimately left them enough wiggle room to pick someone else.
Well, the only way to prove them wrong is to win the regional. Otherwise, you prove them right.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Yep. We had AMPLE opportunity to take this out of the committee's hands and failed. Also, since Lem brought this up, I will take this opportunity to say that despite the vast improvement that we finally saw this season I still see troubling issues with coaching. I attribute 90% of the success we had this season to Parker. Hitting among a few other things has been a let down. He might have saved his job for another year but still should be on notice in my opinion.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
as long as we flex our venue, who cares about getting a W
It’s apparent the self-righteous LFL’s are upset we didn’t host because: they can’t grill bratwurst, feed the opposing teams, get a shoutout on social media about how nice our stadium & hospitality is.

The outrage over hosting has little to do with what’s best for our baseball team to win the regional.

Last edited:

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I have been around Baseball players all my life. You do realize someone was trying to scatter those folks in the corner. I will wager anything that near miss was intentional.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. We had AMPLE opportunity to take this out of the committee's hands and failed. Also, since Lem brought this up, I will take this opportunity to say that despite the vast improvement that we finally saw this season I still see troubling issues with coaching. I attribute 90% of the success we had this season to Parker. Hitting among a few other things has been a let down. He might have saved his job for another year but still should be on notice in my opinion.
I think everyone agrees. There's a culture problem. We also aren't recruiting very good college players.

At the college level, it's about winning, not lighting up the radar gun and mashing bombs at showcases. Kids can develop at summer ball and in MiLB. Very little of that really happens in college, as far as at-bats and pitching. Sure, we practice, but the real development comes when you're getting those live reps and then learning/practicing off of it. College teams can't afford to do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I have been around Baseball players all my life. You do realize someone was trying to scatter those folks in the corner. I will wager anything that near miss was intentional.
What do you mean by this Bruce? Are you talking about the SEC tournament or the committee?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
What do you mean by this Bruce? Are you talking about the SEC tournament or the committee?
if you watch the video, there is a guy with a glove trying to protect the group. Then at one point a ball lands very close to the group and Lemonis has to yell at them to shutdown the one side of the batting cage for awhile. So obviously they where doing dual batting practice and I guarantee the guys in the thirdbase side where trying to hit it where they were having the press conference.

Like when you go to the driving range and the ball collection vehicle comes out.

Nov 20, 2023
as long as we flex our venue, who cares about getting a W
Abso-lutely it’s all that matters after all!! Don’t folks know we the damn M over S we have this amazing baseball palace that gets to sit empty for 3 years in a row! No postseason wear and tear!! Go Team!! Back to the Dude hosting coming soon… well actually TBA… coming one of these years at least

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login