Lemonis won’t be here next year. This is a shitshow.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Still think it’s more likely that we would just get rid of Foxhall after a bad year and give Lemonis one last chance next year to fix things with a new pitching coach.

But yeah, this was an atrocious loss.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Not a good sample size yet but this schit stinks to high Sports Heaven. Our fan base has earned the right to deem performances like that as totally unacceptable but our Saving Grace IMO is that I truly believe our coaches and players understand our expectations and they are totally on the same page as the fans are. Let's hope they right the ship, Fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: peewee.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's an inexcusably bad loss. VMI won 16 games last year with a rpi of over 260 and it's not just that we lost, it's how we lost and that we haven't seen any marked improvement from last year. That's what's discouraging.
I am not saying it wasn't, but I've heard this same thing before and it really is the first of the season.

I'm just pointing out a familiar theme from other sports.

Y'all want to pull the trigger go right ahead.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Did I hear Jim Ellis correctly? 11 stolen bases! No way - heck most 9 year old little league teams are in that territory.
For reference, Logan Tanner had 19 bases stolen against him for the entirety of 2022. This kind of poor play at catcher is going to force us to use one of the younger players (assuming they can play average defense).

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I am not saying it wasn't, but I've heard this same thing before and it really is the first of the season.

I'm just pointing out a familiar theme from other sports.

Y'all want to pull the trigger go right ahead.
I don't advocate pulling the trigger except on Foxhall but Lemonis better damn well be put on notice that he's next if this **** isn't rectified.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’ve defending Lemonis a lot but you can’t defend today. 12 walks… allowed 11 stolen bases and 3 errors. That’s just ****** baseball. Honestly there are little league games that would have a similar box score.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Still think it’s more likely that we would just get rid of Foxhall after a bad year and give Lemonis one last chance next year to fix things with a new pitching coach.

But yeah, this was an atrocious loss.
He’s got to make the tournament for that to happen. If not, he’s gone.

JMO, might work, might not, first call is to Butch.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I thought Lemonis recruited well at…wherever he coached before? Has the NC spoiled him and gotten him lazy? I think I could’ve stolen a base today. What’s up with that? If he has to have great talent to win, well State has never had a prob obtaining talent. He didn’t just forget how to coach. So what is the issue?

Those of you saying it’s early and just one game, blah, blah. This is carried over from last year, & highly unacceptable. Feelers need to be put out now & if there needs to be an interim at some point this year, so be it.

He needs to turn this schit show around quick. If they’re not practicing tonight, he’s doing it wrong. UNACCEPTABLE!

patdog

May 28, 2007
More like 10-25 OOC and 6-15 SoCon. But yeah, they suck and today was pretty inexcusable. But it's 1 game. If we get a convincing win tomorrow, it's not a bad weekend. Not time to panic yet. But I am concerned.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
I thought Lemonis recruited well at…wherever he coached before? Has the NC spoiled him and gotten him lazy? I think I could’ve stolen a base today. What’s up with that? If he has to have great talent to win, well State has never had a prob obtaining talent. He didn’t just forget how to coach. So what is the issue?

Those of you saying it’s early and just one game, blah, blah. This is carried over from last year, & highly unacceptable. Feelers need to be put out now & if there needs to be an interim at some point this year, so be it.

He needs to turn this schit show around quick. If they’re not practicing tonight, he’s doing it wrong. UNACCEPTABLE!
He was on average 35-23 at Indiana

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
At what point during the season is it ok to start saying, "I told y'all this halfway through last season"?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You ***** about how we're no better than last year then you say VMI cannot be better than last year.

If Lemons is in the same place by season's end he does deserve massive heat and it will be the end of Foxhall You can have a game where nothing goes right and it doesn't mean **** in the long run. It's embarrassing but it's stupid to give up this early. We have a few more options.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login