Lemonis won’t be here next year. This is a shitshow.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
At what point during the season is it ok to start saying, "I told y'all this halfway through last season"?
You can do that at any point you want to. Everyone reserve the right to call you a dumbass if you turn out to be wrong. This used to happen to the same people over and over during Cohen. Early season half the board was ready to fire him and then we’d end up in a super

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Still think it’s more likely that we would just get rid of Foxhall after a bad year and give Lemonis one last chance next year to fix things with a new pitching coach.

But yeah, this was an atrocious loss.
If I see another pitching performance like yesterday, I don’t even like giving Foxhall til the end of the year. With the support, prestige, and resources that this program has, it is beyond inexcusable to now be entering year 2 with a pitching staff that cannot put the ball over the plate.

Something is very wrong with the way our pitchers are being developed, and the sooner we can address this glaring problem, the better. Lemonis has to know that another year like last year means that his butt is next on the hot seat

Reactions: rankindog86

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
More like 10-25 OOC and 6-15 SoCon. But yeah, they suck and today was pretty inexcusable. But it's 1 game. If we get a convincing win tomorrow, it's not a bad weekend. Not time to panic yet. But I am concerned.
Not to throw a couple more pitchforks to the mob, but I’d also caution those that think we’ve figure it out at the plate to give it a few more weeks as well. VMI’s team ERA last year against a lot lesser talent was 7.26 and ranked 256th out of 293 teams.

As soon as we run into some half decent pitching, I can just about guarantee that we’re going to see some of last year’s scoring struggles return

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not to throw a couple more pitchforks to the mob, but I’d also caution those that think we’ve figure it out at the plate to give it a few more weeks as well. VMI’s team ERA last year against a lot lesser talent was 7.26 and ranked 256th out of 293 teams.

As soon as we run into some half decent pitching, I can just about guarantee that we’re going to see some of last year’s scoring struggles return
This was always going to be a weekend we can’t learn anything good from, but could learn something bad. Yesterday was about as bad as it gets.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Several SEC teams took it on the chin yesterday. Tenner is 0-fer so far…

We made some changes to the lineup today that should help us at least not repeat yesterdays debacle. We definitely miss Lotan, but Highfill is starting today.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Several SEC teams took it on the chin yesterday. Tenner is 0-fer so far…

We made some changes to the lineup today that should help us at least not repeat yesterdays debacle. We definitely miss Lotan, but Highfill is starting today.
Tennessee and Arky played good teams. If we're in the same conversation now with KY, Mizzou and S. Carolina, rather than the top tier teams, we're gonna be o.k.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
You can do that at any point you want to. Everyone reserve the right to call you a dumbass if you turn out to be wrong. This used to happen to the same people over and over during Cohen. Early season half the board was ready to fire him and then we’d end up in a super
Well I said it last year and we ended up dead last in the SEC.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Looks like I wasn't wrong

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
VMI went 0-24 out of conference last year.
I had said prior to the VMI series that they were a very bad team even for their standards. And if we didn't sweep them in a big way, then that should be a red flag. Then not only losing to them, we lost to ULM and struggled with Lipscomb one game. All of those should have been easy wins.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Bump. You could see what we had after week one.

You're not some genius for seeing we had issues early on. Do you think that was lost on the rest of us?

The self congrats and dredging up old threads to break your arms patting yourselves on the back for being right about our team sucking is pathetic.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
IF we miss Hoover, he's done. I'd bet a LOT of money on it. Last 9 games are huge for him, and if these players supposedly love the guy and want him to be their coach, they'd best pick it up.

Mizzou plays: Home vs Georiga/Ole Miss and at Auburn
Ole Miss plays: Home vs Auburn, at Mizzou/Alabama

We have a 1 game lead (possibly tied) on Mizzou going into the last 3 weeks. And either a 1 or 2 game lead on Ole Miss. For the final spot in hoover. Will be an interesting race for that last spot.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
IF we miss Hoover, he's done. I'd bet a LOT of money on it. Last 9 games are huge for him, and if these players supposedly love the guy and want him to be their coach, they'd best pick it up.

Mizzou plays: Home vs Georiga/Ole Miss and at Auburn
Ole Miss plays: Home vs Auburn, at Mizzou/Alabama

We have a 1 game lead (possibly tied) on Mizzou going into the last 3 weeks. And either a 1 or 2 game lead on Ole Miss. For the final spot in hoover. Will be an interesting race for that last spot.
And we play Arkansas, @LSU, and TAMU. Might get one win out of the Aggies. O for everything else.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's possible to get one from arky. And one from tamu. That'll probably do it.
As of now, we’re 1 game ahead of Missouri for the last spot innHoover. Their next 3 weekends are Mississippi, Georgia & at Auburn. Probably going to take at least 3 more wins just to get to freaking Hoover.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Wow! You dredged this up from 2 1/2 months ago, for what? To slap yourself on the back? Congratulations…..I guess. You certainly weren’t wrong…

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
As of now, we’re 1 game ahead of Missouri for the last spot innHoover. Their next 3 weekends are Mississippi, Georgia & at Auburn. Probably going to take at least 3 more wins just to get to freaking Hoover.
I think it’ll take 4

ole miss and mizzou play each other, that’s guaranteed wins for one of those teams.

4 gets you to 10 wins. You’ll have the tie breaker over ole miss.

Texas am weekend is looking more and more winnable.

but tough road. We miss he’s out, entire staff is out. Would be the definition of a late season collapse for the second year

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Every sweep and run rule loss gets us closer to a totally new staff. They go on a skid to end the season like last year and they're all fired.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login