Let’s throw out some OC names. Who do you want? Anyone hearing anything?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Well Bobby Petrino just took the UNLV job, so he's out***

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I think I'm leaning more to Harrell now just because I think he has more upside and a better qb coach, and he's been a good coordinator at 3 different schools
There are a lot of great OCs that are young and from his tree that we can land.

This may push MSU into the future in pay and play!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I think the obvious choice is Graham Harrell. Runs the Air Raid, played and coached under Leach, plenty of OC experience at a high level. Currently at WVU and would probably be happy to jump off that sinking ship.
Need someone that can coach QB. I think that to me is the most important aspect of whoever the OC is. He either has to have a reputation for coaching QBs or we have to bring in a quality QB coach

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Hollingshead was our QB coach before they moved him to WR coach. Mike may have been very involved but he was not the QB coach.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Whoever it is, they need to use all four downs the way Leach did....
but not the way Kiffin does it.
That's going to be the hard part. People will expect them to be like leach. None of them will be. Can't replicate. Best to be their own

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
I think the obvious choice is Graham Harrell. Runs the Air Raid, played and coached under Leach, plenty of OC experience at a high level. Currently at WVU and would probably be happy to jump off that sinking ship.
Phil Longo. I know he just went to Nebraska from UNC, but he gets the ball down field and seems to commit to the run game too.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I heard we were hiring Jeff Monken and going to the triple option. They say he is ready to get to the SEC

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Dan Mullen
Theo James Joke GIF by New York Comic Con

Jul 10, 2009
Being that the Air Raid is so Quarterback centric, I’d prefer our OC also be the one who is teaching/developing the QBs.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I would go get Garrett Riley at TCU. Leach was convinced to leave Kentucky to go to Oklahoma by Stoops telling him the offense would be his. At Kentucky, Mumme was calling the plays.

At TCU, Riley doesn't have autonomy with that offense as long as Dykes is there. Arnett could make the same type of pitch to Riley that Stoops made to Leach. Pay the man 2 or 2.5 million and call it a day. Leach was making 5.5 million so MSU is not paying any more to get Riley.

Reactions: vandaldawg

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
If we can't get a proven Leach coaching disciple, I've wondered a bit how Tim Couch might do it he were interested in coaching. Even if we get a proven coach for OC, or go with Spurrier Jr., I'd be intrigued by Couch as a QB coach.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I’m guessing it will not be Spurrier or someone else already on staff. If that were the case, I’m guessing we would’ve already done it.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think you start your list with Zach Kittley, Seth Litttell, or Graham Harrell and if you get any of those three then you’ve got to be really pleased.

If they all say no then I’d call Chris Hatcher at Samford.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’m guessing it will not be Spurrier or someone else already on staff. If that were the case, I’m guessing we would’ve already done it.
Not necessarily. I think enough has been done by promoting Arnett to stabilize things. I'm guessing the final staff will be solidified after the bowl game. Plus the bowl game can be an audition for Spurrier or whomever.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Just remember....they keep saying that they are keeping the staff intact. Which means not losing anyone. Same guys. Continuity. Y'all all got the cart way out in front of the horse.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
What I want to know is who is going to be the QB coach? It was Leach. He's gone. What are your thoughts? Thanks.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tons of experience, college & NFL, clearly a highly-intelligent guy, a former Leach QB, and he's been covering games as a broadcaster for some time, so he's gotten plenty of ongoing in-depth coverage of other teams, schemes, etc.
Not the same as being a coach. We need experience here more than any other spot. If it's not Harrell or Littrell it will end up being Spurrier

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Just remember....they keep saying that they are keeping the staff intact. Which means not losing anyone. Same guys. Continuity. Y'all all got the cart way out in front of the horse.
I dint think for a second that arnett is being told he can't bring in someone. I think you are reading too much in to that

Reactions: drumrcraig

patdog

May 28, 2007
Let's wait see who is wrong
Well, were bringing in someone for sure cause we're 1 coach short right now. And continuity doesn't necessarily mean every assistant is returning. If we promote from within for OC, I think that's a lazy hire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login