Let me say this…

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The middle of the conference looks down. Teams #2 - #5 look like they could easily lose to teams #6 - #12.

Reactions: The Fatboy

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
I think with transfer portal has started equalizing things. Zona had a bunch of transfers. Lot of sec players talent wise are transferring to other conferences to start.
Colorado has 68 new players. Only three starters from last season. Now Fox has jumped on the Coach Prime bandwagon and they're going to ride that bad boy until he loses.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Texas just flat out-spent Alabama for that win last night. Of course Texas is about to be in the conference so no.
I was skeptical of how the portal and NIL would shake out. I'm happy to see teams getting balanced talent with Alabama to expose Saban as just a good coach. He's a great one with a stacked deck but who isn't?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Colorado has 68 new players. Only three starters from last season. Now Fox has jumped on the Coach Prime bandwagon and they're going to ride that bad boy until he loses.
Yeah the new rules have changed football old guard like saban and Dabo who were used to stacking talent haven't figured it out yet. They have also sucked it up with their coordinator hires. No sark or kiffin for saban. Defensive minded head coaches can screw up big time if they don't hire snd recruit for that dynamic offense

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
When everyone is paying players the haves will spread out

patdog

May 28, 2007
No. How many pronouncements of the demise of the sec have we seen in the last two decades?

don’t buy it.
Exactly. It's a down year. But the SEC will be back strong as ever real soon, probably next year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah the new rules have changed football old guard like saban and Dabo who were used to stacking talent haven't figured it out yet. They have also sucked it up with their coordinator hires. No sark or kiffin for saban. Defensive minded head coaches can screw up big time if they don't hire snd recruit for that dynamic offense
THIS is what I think is happening today, but just like many other similar systems, it will go through a period of chaos much like this, until the old, elite, and richest programs readjust to the new system and learn how to put everyone back in their place.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
If it's the beginning of the end of anything, it's the end of college football. The rosters have become like fantasy league rosters. Just because I have several of you this year doesn't mean you won't be on my opponents' teams next year.
While true, the bad examples of kids leaving good situations for the bench are piling up. Looking at you RaRa and DJ

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think Tennessee still has the best chance. They had a down game. I think their offense is dynamic enough to beat the better defenses. Uga is still pretty good though. They are still good enough to beat most of the teams they will play.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Parity is what we want. Sabans reign of terror needs to end.
The risk to us though is that parity is not going to come primarily from pulling players from Alabama but by pulling good transfers from us and/or grabbing those borderline top tier guys that get passed over by the bamas

stateguy

Sep 2, 2012
While true, the bad examples of kids leaving good situations for the bench are piling up. Looking at you RaRa and DJ
Looked at Washington participation and looks like DJ wasn't in yesterday's game at all. Not as in didn't get a touch, didn't go in game

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
The SEC sucks. Even Georgia has been not impressive. Is this the beginning of the end?
The portal is bringing parity to college football. Being able to scoop up players to fill immediate gaps is paying dividends everywhere. The schools/coaches that are successful in getting transfers to buy into the culture and learn the playback are getting huge payoffs.
Also losing players keeps rosters thin and stops great teams from being able to stack backups like ammunition.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Looked at Washington participation and looks like DJ wasn't in yesterday's game at all. Not as in didn't get a touch, didn't go in game
Yep, Through week 2’s games

Dillon Johnson 127 yds rush, 73 yds rec
RaRa Thomas 10 rec, 144 yds, 1TD

Dillon Johnson 12 yds rush, 20 yds rec
RaRa Thomas 3 rec, 90 yds, 0TD

But hey, at least RaRa can tell the scouts that he played for UGA which I’m sure will impress them

Reactions: onewoof and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login