Let the gnashing of teeth begin

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Goat:

Angry Tom Hanks GIF by Laff

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I can see it now. I'm gonna be the last m17er in the world driving around with a Banner M Alumni sticker on my truck back window. Reverse trendsetter.
I just always thought it looked like Michigan’s M and thought the Baseball M over S was our brand. The fact it came during the croom vroom years didn’t help. My first association with the banner M was watching a superstar Jerious Norwood struggle on some of the worst coached teams ever fielded.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I can see it now. I'm gonna be the last m17er in the world driving around with a Banner M Alumni sticker on my truck back window. Reverse trendsetter.
I'll say &tate looks decent on the baseball jersey, it did in 2021 and 1971. However I am not buying a damn thing with &tate. Because of what Shitasses some &tate fans are about the "Banner M".

I'm stocking up on "Banner M"

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I'll say &tate looks decent on the baseball jersey, it did in 2021 and 1971. However I am not buying a damn thing with &tate. Because of what Shitasses some &tate fans are about the "Banner M".

I'm stocking up on "Banner M"
The way you got “shitasses” through the filter has persuaded me to re-evaluate my stance

on how I spell curses here. Banner M blows.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
&tate is effeminate and weak. Looks fine on all female sports uniforms. Barely looks good on baseball. Probably because it’s the least masculine of the big three sports. With football being the most masculine, &tate looks the worst and is embarrassing.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Looks like &tate is wearing this jersey this weekend but wearing the Southern Miss black version with white hats.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Any time there are logo threads, I think the people who complain the most must never attend games. If you go to any of the big three, especially in cooler weather, you will see every MSU logo produced since 1985 plus “maroon is all that matters” represented.

If walking bully on a crimson jacket is your thing, you can rock that puppy forever. Nobody is going to take it away from you. I have long since accepted the fact that we will always have 27 different logos roaming around on game day, and our fans will never unite on that front. Heck, we give shirts away at games, and our fans are like, “They can’t tell me what to wear! I’ll save this for 2036.”

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I just always thought it looked like Michigan’s M and thought the Baseball M over S was our brand. The fact it came during the croom vroom years didn’t help. My first association with the banner M was watching a superstar Jerious Norwood struggle on some of the worst coached teams ever fielded.
Not a basketball fan, huh?

The banner M has grown on me. When we first rolled it out I was excited that we were changing logos, but a little disappointed it looked do much like Michigan's logo. Now I like it, and it is recognizable to others, especially in the South.

Sportswise, I associate it with some of the most successful moments in our history.

Reactions: Maroon13

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Any time there are logo threads, I think the people who complain the most must never attend games. If you go to any of the big three, especially in cooler weather, you will see every MSU logo produced since 1985 plus “maroon is all that matters” represented.

If walking bully on a crimson jacket is your thing, you can rock that puppy forever. Nobody is going to take it away from you. I have long since accepted the fact that we will always have 27 different logos roaming around on game day, and our fans will never unite on that front. Heck, we give shirts away at games, and our fans are like, “They can’t tell me what to wear! I’ll save this for 2036.”
The issue isn't the various logos. People are free to wear what they want. Hell, i like MS and &tate for baseball. I like MState for football It is Cohen and now &elmon making &tate the logo of Mississippi State athletics. &tate is good on a shirt or jersey, weak as a stand alone representation of the university.

also people like in this thread and Brian Hadad. I get it people have different taste. But when every time you have a commercial or an opinion on another logo, you take the opportunity to crap on the Banner M in a public forum, well that creates resentment.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The issue isn't the various logos. People are free to wear what they want. Hell, i like MS and &tate for baseball. I like MState for football It is Cohen and now &elmon making &tate the logo of Mississippi State athletics. &tate is good on a shirt or jersey, weak as a stand alone representation of the university.

also people like in this thread and Brian Hadad. I get it people have different taste. But when every time you have a commercial or an opinion on another logo, you take the opportunity to crap on the Banner M in a public forum, well that creates resentment.
Bingo. It wasn’t even Cohen who started it, it was the fans. We all liked STATE and the &tate was born out of the 2021 national title. It should have just stayed there, on merch and the occasional helmet.

I have no idea who exactly is behind the recent push but it started under Selmon. To me it represents the group of fans who want to continue to do the same things we’ve always done. The RuN dA bAwL crowd. The ones who have no idea what’s truly best for MSU.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I'm still rolling with the humping bully BDC sticker in my back window. ;) (little surprised the new one I just received wasn't script State)

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
For you youngens, although the banner M did start in football with Croom, it actually had it's beginnings with the mid 90's Final Four basketball team

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Bingo. It wasn’t even Cohen who started it, it was the fans. We all liked STATE and the &tate was born out of the 2021 national title. It should have just stayed there, on merch and the occasional helmet.

I have no idea who exactly is behind the recent push but it started under Selmon. To me it represents the group of fans who want to continue to do the same things we’ve always done. The RuN dA bAwL crowd. The ones who have no idea what’s truly best for MSU.
You left out these people are mouth breathers.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
For you youngens, although the banner M did start in football with Croom, it actually had it's beginnings with the mid 90's Final Four basketball team
Yes. I recall. I’m pushing 50.

To your point, if YOU recall, the banner M was so awesome and memorable, they put the wrong team name on the Final Four tourney hats.

Check.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The word 'State' isnt misspelled. Thats my GAS level here.
Looks fine and I wouldnt think twice to see players in a game wearing it.

Ill leave the fashion critiquing to those on the board who secretly wish they were a contestant on Next in Fashion.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login