Let the gnashing of teeth begin

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
&tate is effeminate and weak. Looks fine on all female sports uniforms. Barely looks good on baseball. Probably because it’s the least masculine of the big three sports. With football being the most masculine, &tate looks the worst and is embarrassing.
I love the masculine vs feminine debate in a thread about fashion.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I love the masculine vs feminine debate in a thread about fashion.
Good. There are men’s cloths and there are women’s cloths and accessories. Some things look better on women than they do on men, and some things look better on men than they do women.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I'll say &tate looks decent on the baseball jersey, it did in 2021 and 1971. However I am not buying a damn thing with &tate. Because of what Shitasses some &tate fans are about the "Banner M".

I'm stocking up on "Banner M"
THIS!!

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
I just always thought it looked like Michigan’s M and thought the Baseball M over S was our brand. The fact it came during the croom vroom years didn’t help. My first association with the banner M was watching a superstar Jerious Norwood struggle on some of the worst coached teams ever fielded.
This is interesting because every time I run into a member of the 95% public majority, the first thing our of there mouth is: "Is that Michigan State?" I guess the masses in South Carolina (where I live) also don't know green from maroon.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Understand this, the &tate logo is part of a push to get us branded nationally as “State”. It’s unique, recognizable, and a heck of a lot easier to say than “Mississippi State.” Since the consistent use of &tate began (under Cohen by the way), SEC reporters have already consistently been referring to us as “State” and it’s starting to spread nationally.

Whether you like &tate, Banner M, Ribbon M (Croom’s logo), MSJ, Walking Bully, or Flying M; the faster you come to grips with &tate as our primary athletics logo the faster we’ll develop a consistent, National brand (something we’ve been lacking for too 17’ing long).

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
All the same nonsense ....

Mississippi State has been referred to as "State" for 100 years.

If the M at Michigan is problem, then get rid of Mississippi (OM opened first), Bulldogs..gone, maroon... gone.*.

Using a logo from the 70s isn't some master marketing scheme. It's an attempt to sell merchandise. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: msudawg1200
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login