Let's play OC

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
While on the topic of offense, you are State's offensive coordinator for one game. What formation are you running with and which players are you utilizing? (Bonus points if it's an offensive formation that is rarely used nowadays).

Give me Wright, Marks, Ellis, and Goede in the INVERTED BONE!!! :ROFLMAO:

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I put Will and Wright side by side in the shotgun with Marks as RB. Center snaps it the particular QB running that play and as Vern would say “Oh My Goodness”

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I haven’t seen it mentioned, but we ran a play out of the Flexbone. Right out of a commercial break, Zavion went in motion and got it on the end around. Only got a couple yards, but I liked the wrinkle.

Will Hall mixed in some flexbone while OC at Tulane with some great success. Not sure if he’s continued that at USM. I’m not saying go full on military academy, but I could see the benefit of breaking that out 5-6 times a game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
friends fail GIF

Reactions: Ranchdawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What offense goes well with a bad oline?? Just run that one. I have no idea. I'm not a football surgeon.
Our OL isn't great, but they aren't (or werent') dog ****. Probably not fixable at this point because this staff clearly can't teach them the current blocking schemes and we obviously can't transition back to air raid concepts after spending the fall implementing a different offense. But **** it's frustrating.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
10 personnel and see if Rogers is as bad as people think he is. If he stinks it up, Wright gets the keys with 11, 12, 20, and 21 personnel for the rest of the year running zone, power and counter read rpo’s

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login