Let's review....

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We had multiple opportunities to put them away esrly just couldn't get it there until later in the third. We threw a lot more in the second half which helped things some. They tightened up on the run game in the second a little which our running backs kept running into people instead space at that time snd we kept making dumb mistakes like fumbles that kept it from getting to three touchdowns earlier. As soon as we had momentum to run away with it earlier we coughed it up. Not a big deal in this game because Arizona wasn't good enough. And we were good enough yo only let them score one for sure touchdown where they didn't have a short field from a receiver mistake

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So if it was 21-0 after the first quarter and they stayed around a 21 point lead would that be a blowout?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We could’ve won 59-17 and the same old people would be complaining. They hate Leach and nothing we do outside of winning a national championship will change their minds.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Yeah, winning road, non-conference FB games at MSU is always a "gimme" *******

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Yep, against a team that just had a big win on the road with 91% of their stadium filled and new excitement around their program. I was frustrated during the game as well thinking the game should have been over midway through the 3rd quarter but give AZ credit. They found a way to get back into the game on several occasions. It is what good teams do and I think they will have a good rebuilding season.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Let's be real guys. It was a pretty good win. But Arizona, while improved, is going to be doing good to go 3-6 in the PAC-12 this year and the only SEC team I'd favor them against is maybe Missouri. They're not a good team.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Let's be real guys. It was a pretty good win. But Arizona, while improved, is going to be doing good to go 3-6 in the PAC-12 this year and the only SEC team I'd favor them against is maybe Missouri. They're not a good team.

I don't think anybody thinks they are good. But it is weird seeing people this concerned over playing sloppy in a game. Games against bad teams just don't tell you that much unless you struggle with them because of talent. If we had cut out the mistakes and beat this team by another two touchdowns, I wouldn't feel that much better. So far, our two games have mostly just confirmed what we thought. We have pretty good talent and our offense is going to click pretty well now that we're in our third full year (if you count 2020 as a full year). It hasn't answered our two most concerning questions. Can we get to a QB behind a good OL (we have chased Memphis's and Arizona's qb's around, but Memphis got rid of the ball quickly and Arizona's was mobile enough to make the lack of sacks not too concerning)? And can we block an elite edge pass rusher?

I think LSU is going to be the first game to really answer the second question. I haven't watched LSU's games, but to hear people talk about their OL in the FSU game, I'm guessing A&M or Arkansas will be when we answer the first question.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree. Hard to take too much from either of the first two games other than we did what we're supposed to do. I think it's pretty obvious we've got at least a pretty good team. But most teams in the SEC are at least pretty good. I could see us going 2-6 and I could see us going 6-2. We'll know a lot more a week from now than we do today.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login