Let's try this guy at QB

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

How bad do his non-highlight throws look?

None of those throws were "wow" throws, but obviously they were fine and if he isn't just horrible on his non-highlight throws, that seems like somebody we could use.

We should try and find somebody like him in the portal.**

Reactions: GomJabbar

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009

None of those throws were "wow" throws, but obviously they were fine and if he isn't just horrible on his non-highlight throws, that seems like somebody we could use.

ya, wish we had somebody like him to try on our team**

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

His mechanics are terrible but I hope our coaches aren't making decisions based on that alone. Wright is a playmaker and he has other playmakers - better playmakers - in this offense than he had there. We should give him more of a look. At least he's showing a propensity in those highlights to go through progressions instead of locking on one guy, and of course, his ability to make a play with his feet when the play breaks down is something we just don't have with the other guy in there.

He looks a lot like a guy who played QB for us under Croom - Omarr Conner.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
His mechanics are terrible but I hope our coaches aren't making decisions based on that alone. Wright is a playmaker and he has other playmakers - better playmakers - in this offense than he had there. We should give him more of a look. At least he's showing a propensity in those highlights to go through progressions instead of locking on one guy, and of course, his ability to make a play with his feet when the play breaks down is something we just don't have with the other guy in there.

Good comp that staff misused him too. I often think of how good he could have been with Mullen

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
In some cases he was passing against no Defense at all.
Lobber like passing.
He can run, have not seen him pass against the tight coverage we go against.
:rolleyes:
Yea and no. His ability to run is going to mess with coverage. Guys will be more open when you got a guy who can burn you if you are in tight coverage. Better comp would be Kentucky probably.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tebowesque motion. His wind up sucks. I wonder if they worked on that any and that's screwed up his accuracy some. Sometimes you gotta let a guy be weird

Reactions: josebrown

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I think we should let him run the offense the first two offensive series of the game. Will, historically, is a slow starter. It would also make the coaches look good after all the, "It is a new season and every position is open until someone earns it" talk preseason.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm all for playing him more. Let him pass. Like somebody said you roll him out he can choose pass or run. If coverage is tight he should be able to get at least 5 or 6 yards. That's not bad at all. Keep getting first downs you score eventually. When they try to stop him he can throw. Sometimes you throw interceptions. That's just part of being aggressive

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
If Chris Relf can develop into an effective QB, so can this guy. Ralph was nearlyhitting the Porta Crappers on the sidelines when he first showed up. It's about how you use these more athletic guys in the college world than it is about pure passing ability. I'd love to see the guy get a shot with a decent plan behind him.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think we should let him run the offense the first two offensive series of the game. Will, historically, is a slow starter. It would also make the coaches look good after all the, "It is a new season and every position is open until someone earns it" talk preseason.
Yeah I've always noticed it takes will a few series or quarters to get the pattern and timings down. Even with leach

Reactions: Ranchdawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I'm all for playing him more. Let him pass. Like somebody said you roll him out he can choose pass or run. If coverage is tight he should be able to get at least 5 or 6 yards. That's not bad at all. Keep getting first downs you score eventually. When they try to stop him he can throw. Sometimes you throw interceptions. That's just part of being aggressive
We were aggressive against Bama this past weekend.

The game wasn’t nearly as bad as the score.

Not saying it was good but it wasn’t as bad as the score.

Play conservative? Probably closer but fans b1tch.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If Chris Relf can develop into an effective QB, so can this guy. Ralph was nearlyhitting the Porta Crappers on the sidelines when he first showed up. It's about how you use these more athletic guys in the college world than it is about pure passing ability. I'd love to see the guy get a shot with a decent plan behind him.
Chris Relf had arguably one of the best qb coaches in the last 30 years.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

Agreed!

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The play at :45 seconds... Will takes for a sack.
I've watched this video twice now. Many of those passes were under 10 yards. Many wouldn't fly against average SEC defenses let alone good ones.

Zach Arnett is 37 years old and makes $3 million a year. You think he is gonna jeopardize that by purposefully playing a worse qb while a better one is on the side line?

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
I've watched this video twice now. Many of those passes were under 10 yards. Many wouldn't fly against average SEC defenses let alone good ones.

Zach Arnett is 37 years old and makes $3 million a year. You think he is gonna jeopardize that by purposefully playing a worse qb while a better one is on the side line?
If Brad Peterson tells him to.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

If Wright is throwing interceptions at practice against our defense there is no way I'm going to let him throw the ball against another team!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That about it in a nutshell I’m afraid. From what I’ve heard Leach sent Peterson packing. I wonder who hired this guy back ?
You know leach would be playing will rogers right?

You know a ton of fans wanted him (Brad) back right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Right.

Do you know how many people on here wanted Brad Peterson as an on field coach?

Fans are dumb and none of them ever agree.
They also have short memory.
I don't know and I don't care. Peterson was a great high school coach and should be an asset on on the recruiting side and relationship side.

It's fairly obvious he's doing way more than that.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don't know and I don't care. Peterson was a great high school coach and should be an asset on on the recruiting side and relationship side.

It's fairly obvious he's doing way more than that.
How is it obvious? give me specific details of how brad peterson is pulling the puppet master strings for Zach Arnett.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
QB2 is always wanted by the much of the fanbase when the offense or team is struggling. Then, when he gets his opportunity, the #3 QB becomes popular.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

Per what's being said else where, he's throwing INTs at practice to this defense. THIS defense.

Reactions: josebrown

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
If Wright is throwing interceptions at practice against our defense there is no way I'm going to let him throw the ball against another team!
Ain’t that the truth! Our coaches have seen him a little more than we have. We don’t need to see what a 5th string 5-8, 145 RB can do to know if he’s better than Marks. If the coaches havent seen enough in practices from him I’m good with that. I agree, if he didn’t show enough in practices against our defense, then I’m good with him sitting. Give him a series or two to change things up is good with me, unless Will is hot at the time. Use him in Red Zbone to add to our running game I’m good with also. But just chunking him out there to start over our 4th year starter, because the fans think he’s better than Will is completely asinine!!

Reactions: Ranchdawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Well our starter's throwing them in games, so I don't see the problem.
hes thrown 7 tds and 4 interceptions. If mike wright can match that production and interception ratio, sure we should play him.

All things equal he has wheels.

I'm guessing they don't think he can match that production.

I personally wouldn't hate seeing him for 2 or 3 series and throwing the ball some to see what happens, but i highly doubt they aren't playing him bc "they like will more personally".

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022

This is making the assumption that because coaches have more information, that they always make the correct decision.

If your answer to every football question is "Well, coach knows more than we do - it must be the right call" then maybe a message board isn't the place for you?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
This is making the assumption that because coaches have more information, that they always make the correct decision.

If your answer to every football question is "Well, coach knows more than we do - it must be the right call" then maybe a message board isn't the place for you?
I think you misinterpreted. I think he is saying Arnett is not playing him because he's concerned about his future. Not that Arnett know more than you do.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login