Let's try this guy at QB

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
hes thrown 7 tds and 4 interceptions. If mike wright can match that production and interception ratio, sure we should play him.

All things equal he has wheels.

I'm guessing they don't think he can match that production.

I personally wouldn't hate seeing him for 2 or 3 series and throwing the ball some to see what happens, but i highly doubt they aren't playing him bc "they like will more personally".
Wright has thrown 1 TD, ran for a TD and zero turnovers in very limited playing time. So, not going to take much more to equate or beat those stats above. That is the frustration of the fans. What we have seen from Wright with the offense we are now running is why people want to see more Mike. It just fits his style more than Will. It's not about who is more accurate throwing to targets or who is "smarter understanding the playbook", it is simply who can execute the offense Barbay is running.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This is making the assumption that because coaches have more information, that they always make the correct decision.

If your answer to every football question is "Well, coach knows more than we do - it must be the right call" then maybe a message board isn't the place for you?
I’m not making an assumption. I know the coach knows more than you do.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I think you misinterpreted. I think he is saying Arnett is not playing him because he's concerned about his future. Not that Arnett know more than you do.
I’m saying Arnett is going to play who he thinks is the best person who gives him a chance to win bc his future depends on it.

I also think Arnett knows more than 98% of this board. Probably more.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Wright has thrown 1 TD, ran for a TD and zero turnovers in very limited playing time. So, not going to take much more to equate or beat those stats above. That is the frustration of the fans. What we have seen from Wright with the offense we are now running is why people want to see more Mike. It just fits his style more than Will. It's not about who is more accurate throwing to targets or who is "smarter understanding the playbook", it is simply who can execute the offense Barbay is running.
And you don’t think Barbary and Arnett won’t the best person who can do that?

you don’t think they have way more info than you?

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
And you don’t think Barbary and Arnett won’t the best person who can do that?

you don’t think they have way more info than you?
Barbay and want you mean?

Yes, I know the coaches have more info than me.

I can tell you this, paindonthurt, when a fan base starts booing what they see on the field, you will always see a change on the field in response or an admin change is coming soon. The fans are beginning to boo. So as a suggestion to the staff, fans want to see a change at QB. Like everyone else has said, if it fails, at least you tried. The fans are off your back and it buys you a little more time because then the message turns to you better get better players next year.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've watched this video twice now. Many of those passes were under 10 yards. Many wouldn't fly against average SEC defenses let alone good ones.

Zach Arnett is 37 years old and makes $3 million a year. You think he is gonna jeopardize that by purposefully playing a worse qb while a better one is on the side line?
He's jeopardize plenty with the team he is putting out there right now

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I've not seen evidence that arnett knows what he is doing as a head coach yet, maybe that will come in time. But current sec is not a place for a coach to learn how to be a head coach. Teams that do that suck.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Brad is good for his connections in ms high schools. On field meh.
I don’t remember any post anywhere or any fan in real life clamoring for Peterson to be hired , must have missed it. if you have an SEC staff put together by a HS coach , and he’s directing things on the sideline, you got big problems.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Barbay and want you mean?

Yes, I know the coaches have more info than me.

I can tell you this, paindonthurt, when a fan base starts booing what they see on the field, you will always see a change on the field in response or an admin change is coming soon. The fans are beginning to boo. So as a suggestion to the staff, fans want to see a change at QB. Like everyone else has said, if it fails, at least you tried. The fans are off your back and it buys you a little more time because then the message turns to you better get better players next year.
Not the fans booing!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I don’t remember any post anywhere or any fan in real life clamoring for Peterson to be hired , must have missed it. if you have an SEC staff put together by a HS coach , and he’s directing things on the sideline, you got big problems.
Brad Peterson isn’t an on field coach DA

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login