Lexington Suggestions

BIG_SLEAZY_DAWG

Aug 24, 2012
I’m looking to go see us play in Rupp on 1/17. What are some recommendations for pre game/post game spots for those who have been?

33 years old and single… by myself for a “work trip”

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’m looking to go see us play in Rupp on 1/17. What are some recommendations for pre game/post game spots for those who have been?

I’m 38. Went last year for a week and stayed with a friend of mine who lives there. Did some whiskey tastings and went to Keeneland for a race, which was fun. Pearl’s was a pizza place that was really good and close to a lot of bars. Ginger was a sushi place also walkable to bars but a little bit on its own - good sushi and whiskey selection though. Went to a few other places but don’t remember them all.

Reactions: BIG_SLEAZY_DAWG

Desert Dog

Oct 8, 2022
Lexington Distillery District has tons of drinking and eating options. When I return that will be on the itinerary. Ethereal Brewing is there and has tons of great beers. Walking distance from Rupp, Ethereal has a public house with great food. Hit up Town Branch Distillery for some great whiskeys. They have a distillery in Dublin and I picked a bottle of 12yr Irish.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Church’s (because they don’t have a Popeyes)
Sonic-actually one of the better Sonics I’ve been too (I know a guy who was checking knuckles at the Sonics, got knocked out and almost died). Breakfast burritos are my jam.
Drinking-bring your own so you don’t have to go in the gas stations for beer.
in my younger days, I thought driving around the square was confusing. IIRC, in the 80s/90s, there was a Backyard Burgers there that was on point.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Stop in Frankfort and do a Buffalo Trace Distillery tour and pick up some cheap bottles.
Woodford distillery is right outside of Lexington, I did both tours last time I was up that way and they were great.

Sep 11, 2019
Jeff Ruby's - high dollar steakhouse (down the block from Rupp I believe)
Frank & Dino's - fancy Italian
Old Pepper Distillery & Registered Distillery One (RD1) - two in-town distilleries that share a parking lot. Good tours and tastings.

Feb 25, 2018
in my younger days, I thought driving around the square was confusing. IIRC, in the 80s/90s, there was a Backyard Burgers there that was on point.
Yep, driving around a square makes no sense. Oxford has embraced the roundabout without the square. Madison has one, although it’s confusing to some out of towners from hinds. It works….get on and get off

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Church’s (because they don’t have a Popeyes)
Sonic-actually one of the better Sonics I’ve been too. Breakfast burritos are my jam.
Drinking-bring your own so you don’t have to go in the gas stations for beer.
Used to be a bar on the square......didn't even matter if it was cool, it was a bar on the square, so folks went

Think it bit the dust around 2010

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

Go to a few Bourbon spots. I would go to Maker's and Rabbit Hole. Both are awesome tours.

cristilmethod

Aug 24, 2012
Corta Lima downtown is an underrated and good spot. The Trace tour is well worth it. Further out of town but if you can swing it, the land that the Makers distillery is on is beautiful. Full disclosure my buddy and I were there in October.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Jeff Ruby's - high dollar steakhouse (down the block from Rupp I believe)
Frank & Dino's - fancy Italian
Old Pepper Distillery & Registered Distillery One (RD1) - two in-town distilleries that share a parking lot. Good tours and tastings.
Restaurant advice to live by - Never miss an opportunity to visit a Jeff Ruby restaurant

Reactions: Dawg69
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login