Liberty Bowl Tickets - How long to wait?

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Just after I graduated State and couldn't afford good season tickets, I always waited and picked up tickets from someone just before the game. 99% of the time I'd pay face value or less and have better seats than my family (season ticket / bulldog club). It drove my uncle nuts. Fast forward 30 years and now I'm on the other side of that fence. The good thing is that I have great season tickets and don't have to hassle with finding tickets on game day. The bad thing is that I've been stuck with crappy bowl tickets through the school and won't do that again. With 2 kids at State and Christmas bills pending I'm also trying to stretch that dollar. So now I'm back playing football ticket roulette. I picked up some advice from here (possibly bad) a few weeks ago to wait to buy the tickets and the price will drop. I'm not seeing any movement with StubHub prices and getting a little concerned. The current forecast for Memphis looks pretty good so I don't see people backing out due to weather. Any tips on how long to wait before pulling the trigger. I'm not that picky about where we sit as long as it's not the top row of the endzone. Been there. Done that. Have the MSU / UCF Liberty Bowl t-shirt.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
You’re not going to see much drop for this game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I bought thru school and got around row 40 of middle section (think it’s 120 off top of my head). Now if you tried buying them thru school today it just routes you to Ticketmaster and you choose seats. I’d just check that out if I were you.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
There will be tickets there on gameday, no way I'd pay close to face. There are plenty of people in Memphis that get free corporate tickets from their employers that will be getting rid of them for what they can get

campshelbydog842003

Sep 25, 2013
Just after I graduated State and couldn't afford good season tickets, I always waited and picked up tickets from someone just before the game. 99% of the time I'd pay face value or less and have better seats than my family (season ticket / bulldog club). It drove my uncle nuts. Fast forward 30 years and now I'm on the other side of that fence. The good thing is that I have great season tickets and don't have to hassle with finding tickets on game day. The bad thing is that I've been stuck with crappy bowl tickets through the school and won't do that again. With 2 kids at State and Christmas bills pending I'm also trying to stretch that dollar. So now I'm back playing football ticket roulette. I picked up some advice from here (possibly bad) a few weeks ago to wait to buy the tickets and the price will drop. I'm not seeing any movement with StubHub prices and getting a little concerned. The current forecast for Memphis looks pretty good so I don't see people backing out due to weather. Any tips on how long to wait before pulling the trigger. I'm not that picky about where we sit as long as it's not the top row of the endzone. Been there. Done that. Have the MSU / UCF Liberty Bowl t-shirt.

All tickets are electronic anyway so its not going to hurt to wait until the day of to buy them. It’s not going to sell out and the prices are not going to rise. You can order them on stubhub 5 minutes before walking into the stadium if you have to and be fine. I’m not paying 85 dollars to go to that game either. I’ll find someone giving them away or the prices will drop online at least a little bit.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
There are some paper tickets.

Mine I ended up with are from Ticketmaster. I'd really like to know if the bowl printed any official ones....they did in 2019. Anybody seen any?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login