Life Threatening Severe Weather Event Today

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
If this ends up busting and I look like a royal idiot for that thread title I will face the music for all the insults and ridicule you care to throw at me. I'm a big boy and can take it. But the latest wording from the SPC is scary. Potential tornado outbreak is looking likely late this afternoon and evening. The graphics haven't changed much so not posting them now. If an upgrade to a high risk happens I will update with it. This outbreak, if it happens, could have multiple strong to violent tornadoes. There is one model solution that is not so bullish, but SPC is saying the more extreme solution seems more plausible at this time. Per the 06Z HRRR, supercells will begin forming along the river around 5:00-6:00pm and move NE. These will quickly go severe and most likely tornadic. Once this event starts it is going to be with us until after midnight.
If the HRRR verifies, then particularly the NW portions of the state will see multiple tornadoes, some of which could be strong and a couple that could be violent if any discrete cells can get out on their own and sustain themselves. Anybody that has interests west of I-55 and north of I-20 need to pay very close attention today. Do not dismiss any warnings.

Let's all hope in 24 hours I'm here with all of you telling me I'm a drama queen over hyping events. I'll take that gladly over what has the potential to happen today.

I know a couple of us from the team will be out actively chasing this event so let us be the idiots today being out in this weather.

www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
Be careful man. I truly appreciate your insights and updates. I share the tendency to err on the side of caution, and that can be misconstrued as "fear-mongering," but I know you are being helpful, not alarmist.

May God have mercy on the south tonight.

Baddmann

Sep 20, 2015
Thanks for the update HBP! We will be in Starkville this weekend for the Vandy series staying in the RV (We have access to a storm shelter). Will definitely keep an eye out until midnight or so.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. You just keep doing what you do. There are a bunch of us that at least half assed understand how this works...we got your back.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Latest runs of the HRRR coming in much less impressive. Showing more of a line only mode than discrete mode. If this holds will mean a reduced tornado threat.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would just pay attention to everything today because there is still too much up in the air. There is too much potential volatility possible this afternoon and this evening. It's pretty certain there's gonna be some severe weather... just how severe we don't know, but it's just part of the game.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Selfish post:
I know everything thats bad has been showing north of I20, but any chance some of this has severe potential near Meridian?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I'm now headed west to stage somewhere in the delta. Probably Leland or Indianola. Right now just a pretty day but it won't last. SPC at least toying with a high risk upgrade as models are trending back towards a more discrete solution. If you see me come say or flip me off. I'm good with either.
Gentle reminder: once things get cooking I plan on live streaming on our patreon site.

www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I'm now headed west to stage somewhere in the delta. Probably Leland or Indianola. Right now just a pretty day but it won't last. SPC at least toying with a high risk upgrade as models are trending back towards a more discrete solution. If you see me come say or flip me off. I'm good with either.
Gentle reminder: once things get cooking I plan on live streaming on our patreon site.

www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

Soundings just northeast of Greenville look downright scary.

Be safe out there. Don't get caught up in the storm.....a tornado might cause thousands of dollars of improvements to that Dodge.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Be careful I'm watching the feeds and RadarScope from my easy chair.

Looks like you will be in the hot spot

Aug 22, 2012

www.patreon.com/NMSCAS

I’m my best Helen Hunt voice….” You got full coverage on that truck?”

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Of course we have plans and someone to watch the kids for the first time this year tonight. I guess we’ll come home early and hunker down. Looking scary.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Ok ladies and gentlemen. Storms now starting to develop down into LA and southern MS. These could be the beginnings of the discrete supercells and tornado event. SPC is considering the issuance of a PDS tornado watch as we get later into the afternoon. Prime tornado window is 5:00pm to midnight. I'm currently sitting in Leland waiting to see what develops.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Ok ladies and gentlemen. Storms now starting to develop down into LA and southern MS. These could be the beginnings of the discrete supercells and tornado event. SPC is considering the issuance of a PDS tornado watch as we get later into the afternoon. Prime tornado window is 5:00pm to midnight. I'm currently sitting in Leland waiting to see what develops.
Lillo’s just opened. Grab you a pizza for the road.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Roiling Fork was demolished everything that storm has encountered has been trashed There's another storm north of there, headed toward the Oxford/Water Valley area. If you or someone you know, lives in either in front of either of these two storm y'all need to get out of the way

This is the storm that came through Rolling Fork

Screenshot_20230324_213837_YouTube.jpg

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
My friend in Silver City said his house is destroyed. I’ve heard from friends in Rolling Fork saying several houses demolished and a couple businesses as well.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Heard elsewhere they were seeking Rescue and ambulance help in Rolling Fork.

Looks like it maybe went just South of Winona. (not sure of that )

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
My friend in Silver City said his house is destroyed. I’ve heard from friends in Rolling Fork saying several houses demolished and a couple businesses as well.
I'm at Silver City. What I have seen will haunt me forever. They need your prayers badly. That's all I can say.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
Houston, Okalona, Amory, Aberdeen, Smithville time to get to your safe place and listen to your local news

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login