Life Threatening Severe Weather Event Today

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Smithville folks better be in hiding. That beast is headed straight for them. Probably a mile wide at this point.

Attachments

• 2BAA4151-72F9-479C-81FB-B64CF80C3493.jpeg
    2BAA4151-72F9-479C-81FB-B64CF80C3493.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 7

GBOFarms

Sep 2, 2022
Prayers to everyone impacted from Tennessee. This was a bad one. I heard someone on the Amory MS scanner say "I don't even see the Exxon gas station anymore"

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My mom was OK in Smithville. Luckily it was just barely east of her. My friend said there are trees down in Smithville but it's nothing like the damage they have in Amory, listening to a feed from the police department and they can't even get around town for the damage. They are just now trying to get organized to go out and start search and rescue.

Amory PD

Reactions: DawgInThe256

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It was nothing short of a miracle, but I'm hearing the two children I was trying to help are still alive. I say nothing short of a miracle because the little girl was 20 minutes without a pulse. I know because I was the one trying to find it while holding the light for the fire chief to do CPR. So I hope and pray they do survive and have no long term affects. The rest I just can't put in words now.

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
It was nothing short of a miracle, but I'm hearing the two children I was trying to help are still alive. I say nothing short of a miracle because the little girl was 20 minutes without a pulse. I know because I was the one trying to find it while holding the light for the fire chief to do CPR. So I hope and pray they do survive and have no long term affects. The rest I just can't put in words now.
thanks for doing what you do.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Just saw drone pics from Rolling Fork and Silver City. I won't even try to describe them other than heartbreaking.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Oh man. This was really bad. 20 dead so far. Keep sending prayers.

The survivors are going to need more than just our prayers. Those are very poor areas and most folks probably had little or no insurance. It's going to be really tough to survive for some time.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Just saw drone pics from Rolling Fork and Silver City. I won't even try to describe them other than heartbreaking.
Mind linking the pics of Silver City? I used to travel through there often for work and one of my former coworker’s parents lived right there by the highway.

Reactions: MSUGUY

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Mind linking the pics of Silver City? I used to travel through there often for work and one of my former coworker’s parents lived right there by the highway.
Sorry, They were on TV on the weather channel.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My elderly aunt was rescued last night from her home in Amory, which was a total loss. My brother got the search and rescue teams to help him break into the house and bring her out. It was a good thing they did because the house was full of gas from her leak. She is OK and staying with my brother in Fulton.
I can't talk to my mom, but I messaged her through her phone, and she is OK in Smithville. It just missed them, but they have no electricity. They have shut Amory down. You cannot get in or out of town unless you are a first responder.

I have many friends in Amory that I'm trying to find out information on this morning so far most of them are OK. The damage photos across Mississippi are incredible.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Just found her mom on FB. Her mom and dad are fine, just a little damage to their house.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I've got a few pics I may try to post a little later, but I quit taking pictures when I got to the injures. When you have people all around screaming for help but you can't get to them and you're trying to help the little girl you walked up on.

• Sad
Reactions: Grevlin

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
@Hugh's Burner Phone Do you or other storm chasers you know of have first aid training? There are several wilderness programs that would provide valuable skills as well as the Red Cross advanced courses such as First Aid for Severe Trauma.
I can't speak for others but I am CPR certified and had a little training a long time ago. I do want to improve my training, though.

Reactions: Grevlin
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login