List of portal transfers that made horrible decisions.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Aaron Brule-no bowl, terrible season at Michigan State
Jaxson Dart-Potentially in playoff if he had stayed and won job. Worse season at Ole miss.
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha
Zach Evans-Perhaps the worst decision of all. 2nd string back to a true freshman and would be playing for a National championship if stayed.

Those are just off the top of head.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Jaxson Dart-Potentially in playoff if he had stayed and won job. Worse season at Ole miss.
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha
Zach Evans-Perhaps the worst decision of all. 2nd string back to a true freshman and would be playing for a National championship if stayed.

The only one of those I take issue with is Dart. He could’ve stayed to be the backup QB on a Cotton Bowl team, watching a victory over Tulane. That doesn’t seem better than starting in the SEC to me.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha

Dart made a good choice. Caleb Williams is infinitely better than him. USC doesn't make a bowl game with Dart at QB.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha

I think you are looking at this with Maroon colored glasses. Dart is a starting QB in the SEC. That is hard to beat. Also, he was not beating out Caleb Williams.
Evans ran for over 800 yards. Who would have known that a true freshman would go on to be the best RB they have ever had?

Malik Heath just wanted to keep the tradition alive of him not holding the Egg Bowl Trophy haha

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha

Heath had nowhere else to go. He wasn't coming back here and it wasn't his decision, either. At least that's the story I was told.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don't know if Brule started at the other MSU, but I don't think he would have been starting here either. He began losing playing time to Jett last year, right? I think it became obvious that he'd been passed by Jett and Bookie.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
When Brule had a chip on his shoulder, he was the best linebacker we had... Too bad dude lost it before the 2021 season. No idea why.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha

Your analysis totally ignores if the players are overall happier where they are, if there was something else up at their previous school that helped push them to deciding to transfer, and it really ignores actual results.
Evans had 900 yards rushing this season. Would he have done better or really even played much at TCU? Bold to just assume he would have.

As for Heath, he chose MSU over Bama and UGA. Was that also a mistake?
Is it a mistake anytime a player choses MSU that was also offered by a team that wins a title during that player's time at MSU?

I dont think it is smart, or reasonable, to declare anything like this to be a horrible decision.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
live look at the transfer portal today...

traffic impact GIF

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
Your analysis totally ignores if the players are overall happier where they are, if there was something else up at their previous school that helped push them to deciding to transfer, and it really ignores actual results.
Evans had 900 yards rushing this season. Would he have done better or really even played much at TCU? Bold to just assume he would have.

As for Heath, he chose MSU over Bama and UGA. Was that also a mistake?
Is it a mistake anytime a player choses MSU that was also offered by a team that wins a title during that player's time at MSU?

I dont think it is smart, or reasonable, to declare anything like this to be a horrible decision.
When you can tell who the poster is by reading the post without having to scroll up and see who it is……

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Aaron and Zach are the 2 who probably have at least some regrets with how their seasons played out (and their old team's season). Zach had a good year, but with TCU's success and Judkins rise, I'm sure he regrets not staying. Brule definitely would have been better off staying and helping with our LB rotation (those guys got gassed late in games). Dart was better off at Ole Miss. He wouldn't have played this year at USC and I don't believe he would have moved the needle on Oklahoma's bad season. At OM, he got a lot of playing time and confidence on an easy front loaded schedule for them. Malik was better off at OM. He was never going to be a focus here with the Air Leach spreading the ball around the field and him and Dart built some chemistry. That said.....17 that guy.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
It’s all about the money now. So players will be happy when the get paid. It’s not about joy Lots of them heck most of them need the money for family. I used to like my job a lot more but $$$$$ makes me hate 8-5 and love weekends and my toys more. Not to mention being able to retire 10 years sooner

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Malik Heath-hahahhahaha

throw JT Daniels in there. Went to WV to get lost in the shuffle and is in the portal again.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Dart made a good choice. Caleb Williams is infinitely better than him. USC doesn't make a bowl game with Dart at QB.
PAC12 is a joke.....Kyle York could QB USC to a bowl. And Dart did beat Vandy which is what? two degrees from beating the PAC12 "champ"...right?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login