LOCKED - Solid piece on B Griner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It's weak to call her a guy. That's an overplayed comment and was dumb w3 years ago when it started being said. A lot of people are so sensitive(ironic since i am being viewed as sensitive). All I said is that it's a weak comment and a bunch of people cry.

The he she **** is just piling on. It’s the nat anthem BS that is the main driver. We don’t negotiate with terrorist and we shouldn’t In this case either. It’s only because she is black and lez that she is getting the recog from the prez staff. More pandering to the fringe to get out the vote.

fang

Nov 29, 2010
Something's broken, but I'm not sure what it is. We do incarcerate a lot of people, but we also have a lot of crime, particularly violent crime, for a developed country. And while we arguably went overboard with strict sentencing, we had a crime epidemic and a lot of overly lenient judges and the truth in sentencing laws did prevent a lot of crime.

If you look at criminal justice reform, there doesn't appear to be nearly as much low hanging fruit as advertised. To meaningfully reduce our incarceration rate, we are going to be letting violent felons out and some of them will commit more violent crimes and we will have a higher crime rate than we otherwise would. Which is fine in theory. We could lower the crime rate substantially by handing out lifetime sentences for any violent crime, but we rightfully aren't willing to make that tradeoff. But it's still a hard sell politically to tell people we're going to purposefully allow the violent crime rate to go up because we want to be more forgiving of people that committed violent crimes previously and in the future.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...me-the-biggest-lobby-no-one-is-talking-about/

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The he she **** is just piling on. It’s the nat anthem BS that is the main driver. We don’t negotiate with terrorist and we shouldn’t In this case either. It’s only because she is black and lez that she is getting the recog from the prez staff. More pandering to the fringe to get out the vote.

Yeah, its piling on and thats weak. Hence my initial comment. If you actually hate someone because they dont like the National Anthem/use it as a protest opportunity, OK then hate away. Its an odd thing to expend so much energy on since so many athletes across multiple sports have done it over the last 5 years, but hate away on all of them. Making fun of gender or appearance for someone who has had to go thru the hate for decades now is weak though.

And to be clear, I am not some fan of hers. She would not be a role model for my girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login