Looking at the OL roster

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Looks like Leon Bell and Albert Reese at tackle? Grant Jackson and Jakson Lahue at guards and Canon Boone at center. Other than that we have 3 big freshmen so next year RS Freshmen I assume. I'm guessing Percy Lewis is out of eligibility. Three of these guys played some this year.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Going to have to buy a new O line, better have the NiL $$$ , because the D line and secondary need a lot of players. lasoya is replaceable but will cost some money to get the same player. he will probably get a decent NIL deal out of the portal from somebody. Can’t blame some of these guys for cashing in.

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
College Football Report

@CFBRep
Schools with the most blue chip recruits on their roster:

Alabama: 74
Ohio State: 73
Georgia: 65
Notre Dame: 57
Clemson: 56
Texas: 56
Oregon: 53
Texas A&M: 52
Oklahoma: 51
Penn State: 49
Michigan: 47
Miami: 46
USC: 45
Florida: 43
LSU: 42
Tennessee: 35
Auburn: 35
UNC: 32
Kentucky: 30
Arkansas: 28
Florida State: 27
Washington: 27
Mississippi State: 27
TCU: 26
South Carolina: 26
Nebraska: 24
UCLA: 24
Ole Miss: 23
Louisville: 23
Missouri: 22
Michigan State: 21
Utah: 20
NC State

We had some talent

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Going to have to buy a new O line, better have the NiL $$$ , because the D line and secondary need a lot of players. lasoya is replaceable but will cost some money to get the same player. he will probably get a decent NIL deal out of the portal from somebody. Can’t blame some of these guys for cashing in.
To me, this says we will suck hard. There aren’t going to be enough good players in the portal. It’s both about PT and money. You can’t just go out and ‘buy’ players, it’s more complicated than that.

We’d be better off getting our current guys reps, rather than spending money on average players in the portal. By and large, I’d rather have guys looking for PT and/or a better fit for them, rather than these clowns looking to ‘cash in’.

Like RaRa Thomas. Do people really think he went to the highest bidder? No. Playing at Georgia was still a big time draw for a guy who grew up in Eufaula, AL. It’s not just about money, it’s still about the program, the platform, everything.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Recruiting rankings are worthless once they are on campus. Watching our guys getting consistently getting bulldozed and out run............

patdog

May 28, 2007
College Football Report

@CFBRep
Schools with the most blue chip recruits on their roster:

Alabama: 74
Ohio State: 73
Georgia: 65
Notre Dame: 57
Clemson: 56
Texas: 56
Oregon: 53
Texas A&M: 52
Oklahoma: 51
Penn State: 49
Michigan: 47
Miami: 46
USC: 45
Florida: 43
LSU: 42
Tennessee: 35
Auburn: 35
UNC: 32
Kentucky: 30
Arkansas: 28
Florida State: 27
Washington: 27
Mississippi State: 27
TCU: 26
South Carolina: 26
Nebraska: 24
UCLA: 24
Ole Miss: 23
Louisville: 23
Missouri: 22
Michigan State: 21
Utah: 20
NC State

We had some talent
We did not have the talent of Washington & Florida St. Not even close. I don’t care what the recruiting rankings say.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
Recruiting rankings are worthless once they are on campus. Watching our guys getting consistently getting bulldozed and out run............
Outside of the 5* recruits, it’s all about development & coaches evaluations. If the guys running recruiting sites knew much about evaluating high school talent, they’d be getting paid to do it for real.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Outside of the 5* recruits, it’s all about development & coaches evaluations. If the guys running recruiting sites knew much about evaluating high school talent, they’d be getting paid to do it for real.
EXACTLY. They would be working for Saben at Bama, not for some fanboy internet site.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Well, your own ranking you posted has FSU and Washington even in those rankings with us, SO.....the evidence is once again against you. In FACT, your ranking totally blows your last statement out of the water. Just look at the dang thing.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog and 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Well, your own ranking you posted has FSU and Washington even in those rankings with us, SO.....the evidence is once again against you.
Oh good argument. We have the three stooges coaching our team and they have Norvell and Deboer playing in the ACC and the pac. Good argument. LOL

Reactions: wdawg44

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Coaching wasn't why our dbacks couldn't keep up with a LOT of receivers. I'm not arguing we were a well coached team, we weren't, but I'm not blind either.
It certainly could be. You need more than just speed and athletic ability to cover a receiver(s). You have to be in the correct position and know what the **** you are doing.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Deion added 3 more wins to CO record this year. If we can bring in a new roster and add 3 more wins I will be satisfied. 8-4. ;)

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
To me, this says we will suck hard. There aren’t going to be enough good players in the portal. It’s both about PT and money. You can’t just go out and ‘buy’ players, it’s more complicated than that.

We’d be better off getting our current guys reps, rather than spending money on average players in the portal. By and large, I’d rather have guys looking for PT and/or a better fit for them, rather than these clowns looking to ‘cash in’.

Like RaRa Thomas. Do people really think he went to the highest bidder? No. Playing at Georgia was still a big time draw for a guy who grew up in Eufaula, AL. It’s not just about money, it’s still about the program, the platform, everything.
You keep posting this but the problem is our current guys aren’t talented. We have got to get talent from somewhere and it damn sure isn’t going to come with this crootin class. So portal it is.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Looks like Leon Bell and Albert Reese at tackle? Grant Jackson and Jakson Lahue at guards and Canon Boone at center. Other than that we have 3 big freshmen so next year RS Freshmen I assume. I'm guessing Percy Lewis is out of eligibility. Three of these guys played some this year.
Percy Lewis has another year. He would have 2 but we felt the need to put him on the field goal unit in 2022.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You keep posting this but the problem is our current guys aren’t talented. We have got to get talent from somewhere and it damn sure isn’t going to come with this crootin class. So portal it is.
I’d rather play for 2025 than patchwork together a 6-6 season at absolute best, and waste valuable NIL money doing it.

We are still a developmental program no matter what any of you say.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
It’s no coaching and not much talent. I expect a lot of roster turnover
Not much talent returning, but we knew that with so many seniors. how many games would the prior staff have won with this years team ? More than last year

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I’d rather play for 2025 than patchwork together a 6-6 season at absolute best, and waste valuable NIL money doing it.

We are still a developmental program no matter what any of you say.
Once again. Play for 2025 with what? Our quarterbacks suck. Our RBs are average. Our WR are average. We have no Oline. Our current recruiting class is trash. What the hell are we gonna develop?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not much talent returning, but we knew that with so many seniors. how many games would the prior staff have won with this years team ? More than last year
No doubt Leach could have won 7. Maybe 8. Schedule was weak.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Once again. Play for 2025 with what? Our quarterbacks suck. Our RBs are average. Our WR are average. We have no Oline. Our current recruiting class is trash. What the hell are we gonna develop?
All our guys will be a year older, and at that point, we can supplement with the portal and hopefully get a good payoff from it.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
MAYBE one or two. The offense was recruited to run an outdated offense that only Leach ran. He probably could have coaxed a few more points. We MIGHT have eked enough points to take a game or two more. The defense, specifically the secondary was the worst problem on the team. That wouldn't have changed with Leach.

• Haha
Reactions: 85Bears

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. Some people just aren’t going to believe the lack of talent on this roster until the next couple of NFL drafts roll around. Just give it time. Can’t argue with hard data over the long haul.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. Some people just aren’t going to believe the lack of talent on this roster until the next couple of NFL drafts roll around. Just give it time. Can’t argue with hard data over the long haul.
There is a reason the fanbase was fired up this season and bought a lot of tickets. That speaks much louder than a couple of you guys on a message board. They knew we had the talent to have a great year.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There is a reason the fanbase was fired up this season and bought a lot of tickets. That speaks much louder than a couple of you guys on a message board. They knew we had the talent to have a great year.
We won 9 last year, even with Leach it was 7 tops this year. Our secondary was BAD. It was REALLY bad. That wouldn't have changed. That was Arnett's side of the ball.

• Haha

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Well if “the fans” are right then we’ll certainly see that in April 2024 and April 2025. Game on.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Farrrrrrt
We probably beat USCe with Leach. Then we have to grab one from Auburn or UM to get to 7. Everyone focuses on our bad offense, but prior to the UM game, and maybe after it, we averaged over 30 a game with Rogers starting. Other than Arkansas, and OM (after Arnett was gone) our defense absolutely SUCKED. The secondary was just BAD. Fans were on Arnett because of the offense, he got fired because of the defense, HIS side of the ball. Had it just been the offense we might have just fired Barbay.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We probably beat USCe with Leach. Then we have to grab one from Auburn or UM to get to 7. Everyone focuses on our bad offense, but prior to the UM game, and maybe after it, we averaged over 30 a game with Rogers starting. Other than Arkansas, and OM (after Arnett was gone) our defense absolutely SUCKED. The secondary was just BAD. Fans were on Arnett because of the offense, he got fired because of the defense, HIS side of the ball. Had it just been the offense we might have just fired Barbay.
Wasn’t that you that was upset we beat ole miss last year because you wanted Leach fired ? if I remember right you went on about a two day rant on jeanspage because you wanted Leach to lose the egg bowl. maybe you have a bit of a bias ?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Wasn’t that you that was upset we beat ole miss last year because you wanted Leach fired ? if I remember right you went on about a two day rant on jeanspage because you wanted Leach to lose the egg bowl. maybe you have a bit of a bias ?
You are absolutely wrong. I haven't posted on Genespage in several years. That game was when I finally got on board with Leach, and I ate a lot of crow here to say so. so. His biggest fault at every stop was his record against the big rival. When he finally beat the Confederates, I was good with him, despite an offense I hated.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You are absolutely wrong. I haven't posted on Genespage in several years. That game was when I finally got on board with Leach, and I said so. His biggest fault at every stop was his record against the big rival. When he finally beat the Confederates, I was good with him, despite an offense I hated.
Oh ok, maybe it was here you posted something similar

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login