Looking at the prediction thread

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It would seem like maybe 1/4 of yall are picking State to win. That's hard to believe since it seems like Mike will be that starter and play the whole game. Since Will sucks so bad I would think more people would expect to win. No noodle arm in the fetal position etc etc. C'mon guys. Stand on your convictions

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It would seem like maybe 1/4 of yall are picking State to win. That's hard to believe since it seems like Mike will be that starter and play the whole game. Since Will sucks so bad I would think more people would expect to win. No noodle arm in the fetal position etc etc. C'mon guys. Stand on your convictions
Im guessing its bc the same defense is playing.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
All I've wanted was for Wright to get a legitimate look . I've stated several time that if it didn't work out then just go back to Will. The bottom line is our "staff" has done a pathetic job with Wright and now none of us ( including our dumassed staff) know what to expect. Saying that the people who wanted Wright to get a shot automatically means they are pulling against Will is childish....even by MState standards.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021
Most of the time the coaches are going to have the best players on the field at every position, especially at QB. Occasionally, you will see a player just hit another performance level in games than they have shown in practice. More often, you will see a younger more talented player improve as they get experience and become better than the older player. Very rarely does a team improve when its QB1 goes down to injury.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I put more faith in Vegas lines (Hogs from -6.5 to -9 depening on the book and when you saw it) than the "convictions" of a bunch of know nothings such as myself and others on this board. And as best I remember Wright has played even less defense than QB**, so even if he does "play the whole game" I don't think he will have any tackles or cover any receivers so who's going to do that because so far this year its been extremely 'hit and miss', pun intended.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Im guessing its bc the same defense is playing.
It's what I based my pick on and I had no idea that Will was not playing. Our defense is horrid. Sometimes they're really good but when they're bad they're really bad. If Will is not playing, I will have to deduct from our final score by at least 14 points maybe 20. they will have a much easier time playing defense against the run only with the size they have on the defensive line.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
All I've wanted was for Wright to get a legitimate look . I've stated several time that if it didn't work out then just go back to Will. The bottom line is our "staff" has done a pathetic job with Wright and now none of us ( including our dumassed staff) know what to expect. Saying that the people who wanted Wright to get a shot automatically means they are pulling against Will is childish....even by MState standards.
No one said anything about pulling against Will. It's been plainly spoken about on this site that Will is holding the offense back, cement feet, noodle arm etc. The team would be better with a running QB that can evade sacks. Then we are about to get that, and maybe it will be better, but I see very few people picking us to win even tho their preferred QB is now gonna get to go in there and run that ball. All I am saying is a lot of folks ran their mouth and I don't see many standing on it. But no doubt it might just click and if it does we will hear from them Saturday afternoon....lol

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
No one said anything about pulling against Will. It's been plainly spoken about on this site that Will is holding the offense back, cement feet, noodle arm etc. The team would be better with a running QB that can evade sacks. Then we are about to get that, and maybe it will be better, but I see very few people picking us to win even tho their preferred QB is now gonna get to go in there and run that ball. All I am saying is a lot of folks ran their mouth and I don't see many standing on it. But no doubt it might just click and if it does we will hear from them Saturday afternoon....lol
Probably a dumb question at this point but do we 100% know that Will is out ?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Probably a dumb question at this point but do we 100% know that Will is out ?
I actually don't but I have been assured that the rumors are true. So idk. And for all I know Mike might run the offense better if he plays. Guess we gotta wait and see. Not a dumb question to my thinking. It wasn't his throwing shoulder.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
He isn’t very good. It’s hard to do a good job with that.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As I mentioned in the prediction thread itself, my pick is a deliberate contrarian move against the vast majority. I posted then:

“Every once in a while when predictions are going on, I’ll see what folks do and zag when they zig.

I got a $40 gift certificate from Ely’s for winning the ‘20 Missouri game by doing that.”

Reactions: columbiadawg2

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Like somebody said earlier it's mostly about the defense. That I agree with. I think to win we have to outscore whoever we are playing. Not sure we can do that without a great passing attack. We bout to see tho

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I watched Wright in pregame warm ups vs LSU. He missed his receiver at least 3 times.......in warm ups with nobody covering the WR.
My 30% chance of winning is mostly me thinking we’ll just run it every play and somehow pull it off

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
As I mentioned in the prediction thread itself, my pick is a deliberate contrarian move against the vast majority. I posted then:

“Every once in a while when predictions are going on, I’ll see what folks do and zag when they zig.

I got a $40 gift certificate from Ely’s for winning the ‘20 Missouri game by doing that.”
Forty bucks. Wow. Did you enjoy the house salad?

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Considering Arkansas' losing streak vs teams better than MSU, and the game is at Ark, on top of the fact that MSU has been struggling on both sides of the ball, now with a new QB...seems like an easy pick.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

I won the custom cowbell doing that. Heh...good stuff.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
There’s two things we’ve seen from this team I think we can all agree on…the defense has been horrid and the offensive line run blocking looks like that monkey trying to screw a football. So, it must improve our odds of winning to avoid our pass pro and play running QB because a fan wants them too. That makes too much sense. Please tell the coaching staff, because they don’t listen to Bo Bounds.
ps…you do know these coaches have been watching both QBs and the rest of the offense play every practice since they got here, right? So, what I can deduce from your stance is that our coaches must not know what they are doing. Not saying I don’t disagree, but with only 12 games, should we risk playing players our coaches don’t believe can get the job done, because we can simply revert back to their first option the next game if it didn’t work out? That don’t make a whole lot of sense. If that’s the case we should start Cole Smith at QB because I once saw him throw a football with lots of zip and right on target? If it doesn’t work we can go back to plan next game, right?

Anon1683911704

May 12, 2023
They’re going to make KJ Jefferson look like Patrick Mahomes.
That’s what I keep thinking. If Ark can score in the 20s against Bama and A&M, they’re going to hit 30+ against us. The only question is how big that + is

I don’t see our offense keeping up at that point with or without Will

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Why would anyone pick us to win any SEC game? We're a bad football team, so it would have to be maroon blinded faith.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
He gets legitimate looks every day and has since he has been on this team. What you really mean is that you know better than the staff we hired on who should start and that they need to prove to you they are right. And that's the truth about it.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
He gets legitimate looks every day and has since he has been on this team. What you really mean is that you know better than the staff we hired on who should start and that they need to prove to you they are right. And that's the truth about it.
What a silly take. All I've said (like probably 70% of our fanbase) is why are we not giving Wright some series (not just snaps) in games to see if he can contribute. I haven't seen anyone even trying to make a case for Wright starting because we really didn't/don't know how he will perform in a game. I've followed Will Rogers for three years and thought we would be competitive this year because of him but he's looked awkward and out of sync in this offense. I like Will but I like State more.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
What a silly take. All I've said (like probably 70% of our fanbase) is why are we not giving Wright some series (not just snaps) in games to see if he can contribute. I haven't seen anyone even trying to make a case for Wright starting because we really didn't/don't know how he will perform in a game. I've followed Will Rogers for three years and thought we would be competitive this year because of him but he's looked awkward and out of sync in this offense. I like Will but I like State more.
It's not a silly take. Either you think the staff is not competent or they are. Your take was that all you have wanted was for Wright to get a legitimate look. He does. Everyday and has since he has been here.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure I don't know better than this staff tbh. Their choices are questionable at best. Maybe criminal. Tho I do think Will is the best option. Usually our passing game is the only success we have. But KJ will be able to impose his will on our D.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Did you read the part about RARELY?
Do you think it's really rare?

I think maybe in the NFL it is, where Dak, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Brock Purdy stories come around once every couple of seasons, but the ephemeral nature of a college QB's career is kind of built on having the next guy ready. I get that it's tough to backup a generational QB, but I feel like your average college QB should be able to be replaced with a somewhat limited drop-off. Also, it's not like Wright has never played or started in an SEC game before.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Do you think it's really rare?

I think maybe in the NFL it is, where Dak, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Brock Purdy stories come around once every couple of seasons, but the ephemeral nature of a college QB's career is kind of built on having the next guy ready. I get that it's tough to backup a generational QB, but I feel like your average college QB should be able to be replaced with a somewhat limited drop-off. Also, it's not like Wright has never played or started in an SEC game before.
Well that’s not the case a lot more than it is the case.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I'm worried we could play prime Tom Brady at QB and it'll be worthless if Arkansas has the ball last. Our defense is just atrocious.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Not sure I don't know better than this staff tbh. Their choices are questionable at best. Maybe criminal. Tho I do think Will is the best option. Usually our passing game is the only success we have. But KJ will be able to impose his will on our D.
To me, it seems KJ is not as fast as he was last year

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login