Looking at the prediction thread

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Do you think it's really rare?

I think maybe in the NFL it is, where Dak, Tom Brady, Tony Romo, and Brock Purdy stories come around once every couple of seasons, but the ephemeral nature of a college QB's career is kind of built on having the next guy ready. I get that it's tough to backup a generational QB, but I feel like your average college QB should be able to be replaced with a somewhat limited drop-off. Also, it's not like Wright has never played or started in an SEC game before.
He could not keep the starting job at Vandy. A Freshman beat him out.
Well, it worked for Alabama against us. I don't think Milroe threw a pass until the second half.
We are not Bama. We do not have the recruiting they do.

Ours is currently LAST in the SEC and this staff is so desperate they are raiding teams like Chattanooga to try and get bodies. We are now offering players that have ZERO ratings.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I'm worried we could play prime Tom Brady at QB and it'll be worthless if Arkansas has the ball last. Our defense is just atrocious.
Brady would not make it through the game with this OC calling plays. Pretty Sure Brady would tell him to "sit down, I got this".

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Well that’s not the case a lot more than it is the case.
Is there any data behind that or are you basing that off anecdotal evidence? I promise I’m asking that in earnest. I really don’t know. For example, Arizona’s back-up just lit up Washington State. I know we all fear the RAT, but we’re far from the only fanbase that gets bitten by RATs.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Is there any data behind that or are you basing that off anecdotal evidence? I promise I’m asking that in earnest. I really don’t know. For example, Arizona’s back-up just lit up Washington State. I know we all fear the RAT, but we’re far from the only fanbase that gets bitten by RATs.
There’s a difference in a rat who plays well and someone who is actually as good as the starter.

Anecdotal but I bet it’s below 25% if backups being better after an injury.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Considering Arkansas' losing streak vs teams better than MSU, and the game is at Ark, on top of the fact that MSU has been struggling on both sides of the ball, now with a new QB...seems like an easy pick.
I've posted on here many times about, "So your team is on an x game losing streak and you are playing Mississippi State? Congratulations, you have a guaranteed win coming up!"

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
It would seem like maybe 1/4 of yall are picking State to win. That's hard to believe since it seems like Mike will be that starter and play the whole game. Since Will sucks so bad I would think more people would expect to win. No noodle arm in the fetal position etc etc. C'mon guys. Stand on your convictions
My belief in this team has little to do with who plays QB1. It has everything to do with our secondary full of Odell Bradleys. I just want to see if, in the week off, we studied the forward pass and ways to defend against it.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login