Looks like Chadwell is out

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
This is as humiliating as sitting in a corner while your wife gets plowed by the pool guy.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
"The buyout is not and will not be disclosed, but some guy with the nickname Rosebowl is certain that its above $12,000,000"
Buyouts don’t matter when hiring another school’s coach….ever. Nobody ever has to pay anywhere close to the full amount unless they are suckers.

What does matter is that he’s already at $4 million per year, they can easily go up to $5-$5.5 million per year right now, so having to pay $6.5 -$7 million per year (minimum) in order to pull Chadwell might not be what’s in the cards for us. And I don’t think that it should be, honestly, if that’s what it takes.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I’m not saying it’s going to be Chadwell, but when is the last time a statement by a school or a coach during the coaching carousel meant a GD thing?

eta: I guess I am saying it’s not Chadwell since it has been clear from the start it is going to be Stoops

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Seems like Auburn paid 3 mill to get Freeze from Liberty. Not sure if that's accurate but seems like I read that somewhere. That's not a deterrent if you think he is your guy. And paying up to 7 a year would be acceptable in my mind.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

realistdog

Aug 26, 2012
There is no guarantee that Chadwell would be successful here, but if he's the top choice of the search firm, Selmon, the administration, and whoever the 17 else is making this decision, the "boosters" would be shortsighted fools to balk due to a $14 mill buyout. For 17's sake, the SEC just inked a $3Billion deal with ESPN/Disney. This is a 17ing multimillion dollar business and you can't play scared. I understand it's easy to spend someone else's money, but come on man. Anyone think OM is mad that they will be paying Kiffin $9mill next year? He's been worth every penny so far. We need to wake the 17 up, grow a sack, and commit to this football program or else just admit that we've 17ing given up.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Odom is a competent coach but a no frills former DC. pretty blah hire. Need an offensive coach.
I cringe every time Bo Bounds mentions him. Arkansas and South Carolina have found out what happens when you have to bring in new OCs because the last one got poached. No thanks. Mullen had OCs but it was his offense and Leach was Leach.

Reactions: blitz2Win

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Buyouts don’t matter when hiring another school’s coach….ever. Nobody ever has to pay anywhere close to the full amount unless they are suckers.

What does matter is that he’s already at $4 million per year, they can easily go up to $5-$5.5 million per year right now, so having to pay $6.5 -$7 million per year (minimum) in order to pull Chadwell might not be what’s in the cards for us. And I don’t think that it should be, honestly, if that’s what it takes.
Also, how much money did State bank by going cheap on Arnett? $3 mil?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login