Looks like Favre tried to go back to the well for USM football..

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I mean usm football might need well fare. Hard for 10 fans to support a program alone.

AlSwearengen

Aug 22, 2012
Southern needs to drop down to D2 or something similar. They don’t have the fan support, nor the money to be who they would like to be.

I guess they have the Duff’s but how much are they willing to constantly give and get such little return on it?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Well, you know the business-minded approach also works across all non-business related sectors. **

A true Swiss Army Knife. **

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Always been a Fan of the fellow Mississippian and great QB but this stinks. Not understanding why he's not under criminal investigation or am I wrong on that? Wasn't money stolen from MS's Troft? Didn't Favre pressure the stupid Gov after the Gov told Favre he didn't wanna go to jail for what he was peddling?

J-Dawg

Mar 4, 2009

Favor can try all he wants to make it look like he didn't know where the money came from, but it's a bad, bad look. The most scummy thing to me is that the dude is an NFL hall of famer with money to burn (supposedly). Why can't he fund those facilities at USM himself ala Raphael Palmeiro? Instead greed seems to run rampant and he figures he'd just skim some welfare money and not have to come out of pocket.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Favor can try all he wants to make it look like he didn't know where the money came from, but it's a bad, bad look. The most scummy thing to me is that the dude is an NFL hall of famer with money to burn (supposedly). Why can't he fund those facilities at USM himself ala Raphael Palmeiro? Instead greed seems to run rampant and he figures he'd just skim some welfare money and not have to come out of pocket.

Complete speculation, but I'm guessing he's not as liquid as you'd expect.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The Duff brothers.

Link

The athletic center is named for them too.

Link

That Forbes article just says that they're football fans that donate to Southern Miss. Like many proud Southern Miss alumni, they're likely fans of Mississippi State, Ole Miss, or LSU.***

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012

Favre is no different than you. He would much rather spend other peoples’ money than his own.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login