Looks like its going to be hard to get back on track this year...

Connor Mead

Mar 4, 2014
I was hopeful until this past weekend. I still believe in this coaching staff long-term, in years past someone always stepped up when someone went down, just haven't seen that this year. What is acceptable to you next year? Is it making a regional, hosting or Omaha?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The floor for this program and I mean the absolute floor should always be making a regional. That's every year.

It's baseball, so once you make the postseason, a pitcher has a bad day, a ball bounces the wrong way, the wind catches the right ball at the right time, things can happen, so you I can't say what should happen once you get to the postseason, but the absolute floor for Mississippi State baseball should always be a regional. Not making the postseason is unacceptable. I'm not saying you fire Lemonis if he doesn't make a regional this year, but if we don't even make the tournament 2 years in a row, that seat is going to get awfully warm.

Connor Mead

Mar 4, 2014
The floor for this program and I mean the absolute floor should always be making a regional. That's every year.

It's baseball, so once you make the postseason, a pitcher has a bad day, a ball bounces the wrong way, the wind catches the right ball at the right time, things can happen, so you I can't say what should happen once you get to the postseason, but the absolute floor for Mississippi State baseball should always be a regional. Not making the postseason is unacceptable. I'm not saying you fire Lemonis if he doesn't make a regional this year, but if we don't even make the tournament 2 years in a row, that seat is going to get awfully warm.

Good assessment and I think that is reasonable.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Just when you think we've bottomed out we set a new low. Maybe we can keep losing out and break some records

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Same song 10th verse. Multiple missed opportunities with runners on base then melt in the ninth.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
That was actually a decent win last night, UAB is a Top 100 RPI team and this is their best team in years. We're up 12 spots in the RPI this morning.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Their RPI was lower than ours

That was actually a decent win last night, UAB is a Top 100 RPI team and this is their best team in years. We're up 12 spots in the RPI this morning.
It always helps to beat lower RPI teams!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login