Had a Heisman candidate QB
Played in a NY6 Bowl
Played for the women’s basketball national championship twice

What a run.

And in true Mississippi State fashion, we 17ed every one of those up. 🤣
Those were the glory years.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m sure this goes for a lot of people, not to get all sentimental and ****, just wish dad would’ve been standing next to me to see it.
After the 2014 Auburn game I went back to our tailgate and walked off to the side and in a private moment had major dust in my eyes just wishing my dad was alive and there after all the decades of games he and I went to all over the South only to go home pI$$ed off again but to go to the next one and next one every year. My wife walked up and said you're crying aren't you and I said no I'm talking to Dad leave me alone and she did, and understood without even asking after 29 years of marriage

Last edited:

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I will never forget late in the third quarter when my 10 year old nephew (sophomore @ MSU now) that we had started taking to football games when he was 2 years old looked at me & said "Uncle WGD, are you crying?" I told him that I hoped that he would never understand the 40 years of frustration of MSU fandom that was overcome in that moment. Unfortunately the kid clearly understands now because he is watching a $h!t-show the last two years comparable to what I watched 84-88 while a student.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I will never forget late in the third quarter when my 10 year old nephew (sophomore @ MSU now) that we had started taking to football games when he was 2 years old looked at me & said "Uncle WGD, are you crying?" I told him that I hoped that he would never understand the 40 years of frustration of MSU fandom that was overcome in that moment. Unfortunately the kid clearly understands now because he is watching a $h!t-show the last two years comparable to what I watched 84-88 while a student.
86 was good the first 6 games 😂😂

Awwhellnaw

Jun 29, 2017
I cried tears of joy in the Junction when we went up 21-0. I knew we were about to be #1 and never thought I’d see that in my lifetime. What a great day that was.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login