Looks like the Bears QB curse will continue

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He is really gonna take some lumps here. I hope he comes through in one piece. It doesn't help when you don't have anyone to throw to who can get open while they're keeping everybody blocked. It's been a bad weekend for me to be a football fan. Unfortunately, I've been a Chicago Bears fan as long as I have been a Mississippi State fan... they're about the same.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He has no one to throw to. Keenan Allen is hurt so all that’s out there is DJ Moore.
Well he had Allen and Moore last week, still only threw for 93 yards. And Swift / Kmet aren’t chopped liver….both are great checkdown options.

Not saying he won’t ever get there, but he has a ways to go.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Well he had Allen and Moore last week, still only threw for 93 yards. And Swift / Kmet aren’t chopped liver….both are great checkdown options.

Not saying he won’t ever get there, but he has a ways to go.
He has some work to do, but it's only the second game of the season for all in pro football.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don’t think he’s been terrible tonight. The bears OL seems to not be very good. Williams seems to have good pocket presence and throws an accurate ball. That’s honestly about all you can ask out of most rookie QBs. I don’t know why we all expect rookie QBs to be pro bowlers now.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I have Keenan Allen in fantasy. Late scratch from the lineup. I just new he’d be wasted in the black hole that is Chicago Bears offense.

he was a monster with Herbert throwing to him in San Diego last year.

franchise is cursed thanks to the McCaskeys

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have Keenan Allen in fantasy. Late scratch from the lineup. I just new he’d be wasted in the black hole that is Chicago Bears offense.

he was a monster with Herbert throwing to him in San Diego last year.

franchise is cursed thanks to the McCaskeys
I wish I could keep us off primetime games until we have a primetime team. Those who love the Bears know precisely how it feels in Mississippi State.

Reactions: 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I wish I could keep us off primetime games until we have a primetime team. Those who love the Bears know precisely how it feels in Mississippi State.
I was listening to brattons sec podcast. He said it “should not be legal to televise the Mississippi State games vs Texas or vs Georgia” . ”it will be too painful to watch” I have to agree.

I think Kirby and Sark will take their foot off the gas, Heupel won’t.

Bears McCaskey owners had a dynasty super bowl team and pissed it away and fired Ditka. very similar to the curse on the Red Sox and the Cubs. might last 70 years.

george halas chose Ditka to turn it around.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t think he’s been terrible tonight. The bears OL seems to not be very good. Williams seems to have good pocket presence and throws an accurate ball. That’s honestly about all you can ask out of most rookie QBs. I don’t know why we all expect rookie QBs to be pro bowlers now.
4.7 YPA, passer rating of 51.0, 2 INT’s, and was sacked 7 times. I mean, that’s pretty terrible. Hasn’t thrown a TD in the first 2 games.

No one thinks he’s supposed to be Pro Bowl ready in Year 1, but he looks nowhere close to the rookie year performances of Dak, Stroud, Herbert, Tua, or even Jayden Daniels from this same draft class. He’s got a long way to go to live up to the hype.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
4.7 YPA, passer rating of 51.0, 2 INT’s, and was sacked 7 times. I mean, that’s pretty terrible. Hasn’t thrown a TD in the first 2 games.

No one thinks he’s supposed to be Pro Bowl ready in Year 1, but he looks nowhere close to the rookie year performances of Dak, Stroud, Herbert, Tua, or even Jayden Daniels from this same draft class. He’s got a long way to go to live up to the hype.
I can remember when rookie qbs held the clip board and learned to read defenses and command an offense. that was back before it was illegal to touch them and If they did mke a habit of leaving the pocket it was open season on them.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I can remember when rookie qbs held the clip board and learned to read defenses and command an offense. that was back before it was illegal to touch them and If they did mke a habit of leaving the pocket it was open season on them.
Well he got touched alot tonight. Hes going to be sore tomorrow morning.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Well he got touched alot tonight. Hes going to be sore tomorrow morning.

That’s certainly also true. And that’s a catastrophic failure of the Bears’ staff. A rookie QB in his 2nd NFL game should never be asked to drop back and throw 49 times, on the road, in a contest where it’s a neutral game script pretty much the whole time.

A curse always has 2 parts after all…..teams don’t just get continuously unlucky with subpar players. Crappy development and scheme is an equal part of it in most cases.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login