Looks like the Lakers to Memphis..........

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....feel like they will be an easier matchup than the Timberwolves, but it will bring the whole NBA spotlight on Memphis for the next week or so. Hope Lebron and Anthony Davis don't decide to blow up during the playoffs! Go Grizz!!

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
....feel like they will be an easier matchup than the Timberwolves, but it will bring the whole NBA spotlight on Memphis for the next week or so. Hope Lebron and Anthony Davis don't decide to blow up during the playoffs! Go Grizz!!
Jaren Jackson will be in foul trouble the whole series because the lakers will get every whistle. On the flip side I’m not sure they have anyone to stop Morant. He could have a big series.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Lakers have 2 Superstars, Grizz have one, but, IMO, nobody can stop Ja'. Just hope he can stay healthy. Wolves should not have lost to the Lakers, but AntMan had a bad game and one of their other regulars didn't play. Would have been kind of cool to see Conley and Kyle Anderson come back home to play vs their old teams, but the Grizz and Wolves have better supporting casts than the Lakers. I would love to go to one of the games, but I' sure I will NOT want to afford it. ha,ha!! Is Stephen Adams available? Hope so, as we'll need him on Davis.....and maybe Jaren Jackson too!

MSF87

Sep 29, 2022
Nope, Adams is done, unless maybe if they find themselves still playing in a few weeks. Jenkins also mentioned that they're not ruling out offseason surgery, so it must have been one hell of a sprain.

The first game being on ABC sucks, because it somehow means we don't get a Bally broadcast, so no Pete & Brevin. I really don't want anything to do with any ESPN/ABC broadcasts.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Grizz season ticket holder…already pissed thinking about the calls Bron will get and AD …I swear the NBA wants the Lakers on tv for $$$ so they can’t let them lose

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Jaren Jackson will be in foul trouble the whole series because the lakers will get every whistle. On the flip side I’m not sure they have anyone to stop Morant. He could have a big series.
In addition, they’re one of maybe 3-4 teams in the league that has someone(AD) that can hang with JJJ in the paint. I don’t like this matchup at all, especially knowing that LA will be getting favorable calls for the entire series, but I do think things flip if we can find a way to get Davis out of the game early. It really sucks that Adams isn’t available

Whatever the case, Game 1 is huge. The Grizz have to get that one at home to set the tone

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Lakers have 2 Superstars, Grizz have one, but, IMO, nobody can stop Ja'. Just hope he can stay healthy. Wolves should not have lost to the Lakers, but AntMan had a bad game and one of their other regulars didn't play. Would have been kind of cool to see Conley and Kyle Anderson come back home to play vs their old teams, but the Grizz and Wolves have better supporting casts than the Lakers. I would love to go to one of the games, but I' sure I will NOT want to afford it. ha,ha!! Is Stephen Adams available? Hope so, as we'll need him on Davis.....and maybe Jaren Jackson too!
Jaren is a superstar when he's not in foul trouble. There's nobody else like him in the association. That's why they call him "The Unicorn."

His issue is fouling.

Reactions: stateu1

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Nope, Adams is done, unless maybe if they find themselves still playing in a few weeks. Jenkins also mentioned that they're not ruling out offseason surgery, so it must have been one hell of a sprain.

The first game being on ABC sucks, because it somehow means we don't get a Bally broadcast, so no Pete & Brevin. I really don't want anything to do with any ESPN/ABC broadcasts.
All first round games are carried by Bally Sports in addition to any national coverage, so you can get your Pete/Brevin fix.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Jaren is a superstar when he's not in foul trouble. There's nobody else like him in the association. That's why they call him "The Unicorn."

His issue is fouling.
He also should be defensive player of the year but I’m sure he won’t get it

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Anyone a little surprised that the Grizz signed Lofton to a deal rather than picking up a defensive big man? Maybe there just wasn’t anyone out there to get, but I’m not worried about scoring points. I’m worried about what in the world they’re gonna do if/when JJJ gets in foul trouble. Tillman can hold his own for short stretches, but he’s pretty much it behind Jaren, and I’m afraid that AD and LeBron will eat him alive

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Anyone a little surprised that the Grizz signed Lofton to a deal rather than picking up a defensive big man? Maybe there just wasn’t anyone out there to get, but I’m not worried about scoring points. I’m worried about what in the world they’re gonna do if/when JJJ gets in foul trouble. Tillman can hold his own for short stretches, but he’s pretty much it behind Jaren, and I’m afraid that AD and LeBron will eat him alive
I don't see what the Grizz front office sees in Lofton. Against G-league talent, he looks like Z-bo part two. But against NBA players, he's overmatched.

He had a big game the other night, but it was against a bunch of g-league guys in a meaningless game.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don't see what the Grizz front office sees in Lofton. Against G-league talent, he looks like Z-bo part two. But against NBA players, he's overmatched.

He had a big game the other night, but it was against a bunch of g-league guys in a meaningless game.
My wife has been asking all season why Lofton hasn’t been called up to the main roster, and any time he has gotten a chance to play, I tell her that she’ll see why in a matter of minutes. He’s a force on offense, for sure, but he is ridiculously slow on transition defense, and his man beats him down the court constantly. It’s painful to watch even against scrubs

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
My wife has been asking all season why Lofton hasn’t been called up to the main roster, and any time he has gotten a chance to play, I tell her that she’ll see why in a matter of minutes. He’s a force on offense, for sure, but he is ridiculously slow on transition defense, and his man beats him down the court constantly. It’s painful to watch even against scrubs
I'm with you, but the front office and the coaching staff gushes over him. And they ended up losing a pretty useful piece to put Junior on the roster.

I generally trust the Grizz front office because almost everything they've touched has turned to gold for three or four years now. But this one is a head scratcher.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login