Loudest moment you remember in DWS

ForDale3

Nov 16, 2022
I’m either going 2014 Auburn or the end of 2019 egg bowl. They said Tulu’s kickoff return against ncst last year was the loudest they had heard the student section, but I didn’t experience that in the upper deck

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m either going 2014 Auburn or the end of 2019 egg bowl. They said Tulu’s kickoff return against ncst last year was the loudest they had heard the student section, but I didn’t experience that in the upper deck

Jonathan Banks 100 yard INT return off Tebow right before the half in 2009. Was like an explosion.

The intended recipient of that pass - Aaron Hernandez.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
The pick six to end the half against Bama in Croom’s second to last season. Antony Johnston for 103 yards. The stadium was smaller then but good grief it was bananas when that happened.

This is the correct answer. I have been at every game that gets mentioned every time this comes up and if you didn’t experience that I can’t explain it to you. We had been bad for so long and it was like 6 years worth of frustration exploded at once.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
The pick six to end the half against Bama in Croom’s second to last season. Antony Johnston for 103 yards. The stadium was smaller then but good grief it was bananas when that happened.

Also wanted to add that even though it was a perfectly clean sack, that probably gets a roughing the passer now a days. Cryin’ shame.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Either the '96 bama game or the '98 Arkansas game. The '99 Egg Bowl would be on the list, except a good portion of the crowd had left the stadium early (it was still pretty loud, though).

Reactions: Mr. Cook

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Either the '96 bama game or the '98 Arkansas game. The '99 Egg Bowl would be on the list, except a good portion of the crowd had left the stadium early (it was still pretty loud, though).
I was at the ‘98 Arkansas game and it does not belong on this list. It was raining and the opening of deer season and it wasn’t even a sell out crowd. It was exciting, so many games were back then, but it wasn’t even close to the levels of some of the games mentioned here.

‘99 Egg Bowl though. That was absolutely crazy. I don’t think anyone who wasn’t there will ever appreciate how insane that season was. We won SO MANY close games. People will say 2014 was better because of #1 but man, I don’t know. ‘99 felt like a 3 month out of body experience.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I was at the ‘98 Arkansas game and it does not belong on this list. It was raining and the opening of deer season and it wasn’t even a sell out crowd. It was exciting, so many games were back then, but it wasn’t even close to the levels of some of the games mentioned here.
Your memory and mine don't jive at all, because despite the cold and the usual "gotta bag me a big ole buck" BS every year, that game most certainly was loud. I couldn't talk normally until about Wednesday the next week. I had very few games that I left without a voice like that one.

Reactions: was21

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
The answer is definitely 2014 auburn or 2009 Florida but in 2018 when we forced a fumble at the goal line against Auburn DWS was a madhouse.

was21

May 29, 2007

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Jonathan Banks 100 yard INT return off Tebow right before the half in 2009. Was like an explosion.

I was in the student section for that. Screamed so much that I got dizzy. You could feel how loud the crowd was.

Side note from that game. A student pegged Tebow with a football during warm ups. Got it from their kickers. He was standing on the 20 or 30 yard line. It was an awesome throw. Tebow was pissed. Yelled at us and started humming balls at the fence in front of the student section.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022

Yep. Its this and I am not sure there is anything close. My drink smelly cup turned over without being touched. The stadium shook.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
I know this is a football thread but I don't think many of our younger fans and certainly not our students, really understand what the Hump use to be like in the middle and late 90's and that's very sad. Every men's game was rocking back in those years and it seemed like the entire coliseum hung on every shot. Of course 96 was completely bunkers. I truly miss those days as the atmosphere today is only a shadow of what it once was.

Once again, sorry for straying off topic but the loudest and worst game threads sent me down a rabbit hole.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would have to put these up as well but it has been a long time since I was there. If we move to East Texas and I'm through with the hospital stays I hope to break that streak next year.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
This is the correct answer. I have been at every game that gets mentioned every time this comes up and if you didn’t experience that I can’t explain it to you. We had been bad for so long and it was like 6 years worth of frustration exploded at once.
I agree. I was at most of these and nothing matches that pick 6. It was crazy. Everyone was screaming as loud as the possibly could and then some how screamed even louder. I still get chills thinking about that game.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I was there for Johnson’s pick 6 against Bama, Banks pick 6 against Florida, and the 14 Auburn game. Anthony Johnson’s pick 6 is by far the loudest one. The stadium was shaking from everyone jumping up and down.
This all day. When Johnson caught it, you knew he was gone. Banks’ INT wasn’t an obvious pick 6 at the time of catch, so it was like a crescendo building up. Auburn was loud all game but no single moment like Johnson’s INT vs Bama.

Reactions: The Usual Suspect

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I know this is a football thread but I don't think many of our younger fans and certainly not our students, really understand what the Hump use to be like in the middle and late 90's and that's very sad. Every men's game was rocking back in those years and it seemed like the entire coliseum hung on every shot. Of course 96 was completely bunkers. I truly miss those days as the atmosphere today is only a shadow of what it once was.

Once again, sorry for staying off topic but the loudest and worst game threads sent me down a rabbit hole.
I'm glad you posted this because I can remember a rocking Hump several times;

1992-3 when we upset #1 Arkansas, 1995 when we beat Ole Miss by 40+, and 2004 against Kentucky. Damn, that place rocked harder than a live Deep Purple concert

Reactions: Bully1972

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
2014 Auburn is the easy answer but i was at all the others mentioned. I had forgotten how awesome some of those were. Lots of fuzzy memories on this thread.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I'm glad you posted this because I can remember a rocking Hump several times;

1992-3 when we upset #1 Arkansas, 1995 when we beat Ole Miss by 40+, and 2004 against Kentucky. Damn, that place rocked harder than a live Deep Purple concert
2004 Kentucky was WILD! If I remember correctly that was the one where we came back from down huge at halftime.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
2007 interception return against Bama is Number 1. Nothing has touched it before or since in my experience.
1999 Egg Bowl is number 2.
The Banks return was loud but the crowd had no illusions of us winning that game - so it felt tempered. As have most games since in my view (but I may just be going deaf).
but the 07 interception on Bama and the the 99 Egg Bowl just ROCKED DWS.
I also remember Dana Moore kicking a game winning field goal in a really tight game against LSU. 82, I believe, and that was damn loud too.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

I was in the endzone bleachers right behind him when he caught that. It just seemed like he shrank so fast has he ran away from me.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

‘99 Egg Bowl though. That was absolutely crazy. I don’t think anyone who wasn’t there will ever appreciate how insane that season was. We won SO MANY close games. People will say 2014 was better because of #1 but man, I don’t know. ‘99 felt like a 3 month out of body experience.
I was there. Still have a foot and a half of the left upright of that south endzone goalpost too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login