Loudest moment you remember in DWS

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
For me, the loudest I remember was when the second snap went over Jessee Palmers head and we backed up Florida to 3rd and 57

Reactions: Maroon13

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The pick six to end the half against Bama in Croom’s second to last season. Antony Johnston for 103 yards. The stadium was smaller then but good grief it was bananas when that happened.

This is my answer. I have no doubt that it's been louder at times, but just from an in-the-moment standpoint, I've never felt DWS go completely BSC like it did here.

I'd put the Banks INT against Tebow, the defensive stand against FL when they were snapping the ball over the QBs head in 2000 and Spurrier threw the visor, and the OT game against Arkansas that we lost, I forget the year...but the one where Vick Ballard fumbled going into the endzone. The crowd was insane when they thought that was a TD too.

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
I’m either going 2014 Auburn or the end of 2019 egg bowl. They said Tulu’s kickoff return against ncst last year was the loudest they had heard the student section, but I didn’t experience that in the upper deck
Pick six against Bama was the loudest. Second loudest was the OM fumble in OT. Both were pre-expansion. Auburn 2014 was the loudest continuous crowd noise.

Reactions: T-TownDawgg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The pick six to end the half against Bama in Croom’s second to last season. Antony Johnston for 103 yards. The stadium was smaller then but good grief it was bananas when that happened.

The child sitting in front of me was in tears it was so loud. Not sorry, kid.

Sep 2, 2012
This is my answer. I have no doubt that it's been louder at times, but just from an in-the-moment standpoint, I've never felt DWS go completely BSC like it did here.

I'd put the Banks INT against Tebow, the defensive stand against FL when they were snapping the ball over the QBs head in 2000 and Spurrier threw the visor, and the OT game against Arkansas that we lost, I forget the year...but the one where Vick Ballard fumbled going into the endzone. The crowd was insane when they thought that was a TD too.
Arkansas OT loss was 2010. I agree, that was another good one. Also agree with you and many others that the Bama pick 6 of John Parker Wilson was the loudest and euphoric it's been. The Pegues punt return to the house later that year was fun too. Was in bleacher endzone for the Tebow pick 6 in 09 and I thought the bleachers might tumble down. What's crazy is both of those 07 games were 11 am games. Might have been even more nuts at night.

Nov 25, 2019
This is the correct answer. I have been at every game that gets mentioned every time this comes up and if you didn’t experience that I can’t explain it to you. We had been bad for so long and it was like 6 years worth of frustration exploded at once.
agree!

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I’m either going 2014 Auburn or the end of 2019 egg bowl. They said Tulu’s kickoff return against ncst last year was the loudest they had heard the student section, but I didn’t experience that in the upper deck
The safety following 3rd and 57 in the 2000 Florida game. Spurrier's visor flew and DWS erupted!

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Also wanted to add that even though it was a perfectly clean sack, that probably gets a roughing the passer now a days. Cryin’ shame.
Gotta protect Bama. Even if they have to make stuff up. They've done it before and they'll do it again.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I don't know what the single loudest moment of any game for me was, nor do I know the loudest, but I do know that the Auburn game in 2014 was the last time I didn't wear earplugs to games.

But the loudest sporting event I've ever been to wasn't at DWS. It was in the Hump in 2004, actually in a game we lost. When Bowers called for a pick at the 3 point line and pulled up and hit it to pull us to within 5 late in the second half against UK - Single loudest moment of any sporting event I've ever been to. We shouldn't have lost that game, but we sure gained a lot of respect around the country after that game.

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012

I was in the Student Section for that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login