Louisville Transfer WR is a Dawg!

patdog

May 28, 2007
A lot lot of good potential receivers. Hope we’re not neglecting the blockers and the the tacklers.
I think we’ve done about as well as you could expect on OL. There will be some growing pains with all new starters playing together for 1st time with new coaches though. Offense isn’t my concern. I think it’ll be OK.

patdog

May 28, 2007
But we didn’t get a splash quarterback in the portal!!!! WR’s aren’t going to want to come catch passes from Shapen!!! ***
We got a good QB from the portal and a good one from high school. And Parson could be a good one too. I think we’re OK there.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
But we didn’t get a splash quarterback in the portal!!!! Wide receivers aren’t going to want to come catch passes from Shapen!!! ***
This guy is a solid pickup, but he’s also a two-time transfer that had 26 catches last season. He might have a decent ceiling, but he’s not exactly the kind of transfer that blue bloods were lining up for.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We will be fine on the offensive line. We have plenty of bodies there that can get it done. DL to me is sketchy but we do have some guys there. Not sure if they are ready to step up yet tho. Wasn't impressed with our additions there but maybe we will just outscore everybody. I would feel a lot better if we sign at least one proven edge tho

Reactions: Burt Macklin, FBI

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I keep seeing a lot of WR additions. Do we have any OL coming in?
You know there is another message board on here for recruiting. I’d give it a try if I were you.

Back to your question about OL.. yes we signed three transfers. LT pounders from Memphis. Center Ethan Minor from UNT, and guard Martinez from LSU. We are on some others as well.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This guy is a solid pickup, but he’s also a two-time transfer that had 26 catches last season. He might have a decent ceiling, but he’s not exactly the kind of transfer that blue bloods were lining up for.
Came here to say that, 26 catches w/ 2 TDs, 26 punt returns for 117 yds. Not exactly stats to get fired up about

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
We got a good QB from the portal and a good one from high school. And Parson could be a good one too. I think we’re OK there.
Parson looked awful when he did play. I hope that's a function of poor coaching.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Parson looked awful when he did play. I hope that's a function of poor coaching.
Lots of QBs look awful as a true freshman and get much better when they catch up to the game. Not saying Parson will or won't be a good QB for us. Could easily go either way with him. Even young Manning is only 40% for 6 yards per completion this year. I know it's a small sample for both of them, but I can promise you Texas isn't anywhere near the playoffs if young Manning was their starter.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I wish he would have gotten all the starts when Will was out. I bet in another game or two he would have looked much improved. And as far as DL Robbie said Turner has stated that he is very pleased with the young linemen he has. But I heard that last year too...lol. Fool me once Yada yada.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login