LSU game Script....

Aug 8, 2022
Saw(stole) this from another board.... But I feel like this guy's on to something. Feels familiar.

Mississippi State will get out to a fast start and go up 7-0 early. They will stop LSU and extend their lead to 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter

After trading punts in the second quarter, State makes a mistake and turns the ball over to LSU late in the half. LSU takes advantage and cuts the lead to 10-7 at halftime.

State has a promising drive to open the 3rd quarter but fails to convert a 4th and 2 at the LSU 30. LSU hits a big play and goes up 14-10. State answers with a three and out and LSU tacks on another TD to go up 21-10.

State returns the ensuing kickoff to midfield and the 4th quarter starts. They end up settling for a long field goal after a couple of penalties stall a promising drive. 21-13 LSU.

State gets the stop they need, but can't move the ball. LSU grinds out an 8:00 drive and kicks a FG to go up 24-13, which is the final score.

State fans are pissed.
LSU fans are pissed.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Don’t you put that evil on me. The west is absolutely up for grabs this year. I watched the entirety of the AZ game, and my take is that the offensive staff needs to incorporate some more of the Air Raid into the offense to keep LSU off balance. The personnel is already in place, and it’s what Will is comfortable with. You’re not gonna beat LSU by just running it up the gut. Need those quick hitter passes too.

Aug 8, 2022
Don’t you put that evil on me. The west is absolutely up for grabs this year. I watched the entirety of the AZ game, and my take is that the offensive staff needs to incorporate some more of the Air Raid into the offense to keep LSU off balance. The personnel is already in place, and it’s what Will is comfortable with. You’re not gonna beat LSU by just running it up the gut. Need those quick hitter passes too.

I don't think that will happen or at least hope not, but it feels very State-LSUish.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Saw(stole) this from another board.... But I feel like this guy's on to something. Feels familiar.

Mississippi State will get out to a fast start and go up 7-0 early. They will stop LSU and extend their lead to 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter

After trading punts in the second quarter, State makes a mistake and turns the ball over to LSU late in the half. LSU takes advantage and cuts the lead to 10-7 at halftime.

State has a promising drive to open the 3rd quarter but fails to convert a 4th and 2 at the LSU 30. LSU hits a big play and goes up 14-10. State answers with a three and out and LSU tacks on another TD to go up 21-10.

State returns the ensuing kickoff to midfield and the 4th quarter starts. They end up settling for a long field goal after a couple of penalties stall a promising drive. 21-13 LSU.

State gets the stop they need, but can't move the ball. LSU grinds out an 8:00 drive and kicks a FG to go up 24-13, which is the final score.

State fans are pissed.
LSU fans are pissed.
Make it 31-13 and I'm a buyer.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I will watch to see if it happens. I seriously doubt it though.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Whatever needs to happen to where the game is practically out of reach but a miracle screw up by them (that isn't coming) or a great play by us (that also isn't coming) would get us back into it so we can't leave or turn it off because there's just a sliver of hope that is ultimately false hope.

At least, that's what several of our recent LSU losses have felt like to me.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Feels like it's going to be that way. And in true Emstate / dead Injun fashion, our coach dies right as the system and crootin are lining up and we have continuity at DC (assuming Arnett didn't get poached).

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep we gonna find out a lot about the staff this weekend. They will reveal their true nature.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't think LSU is a superpower. They are beatable. We do tend to make stupid and costly mistakes when we play, hopefully with the maturity of the team that will not happen. Alot of these guys will be facing LSU for the 5th or 6th time.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I don't disagree very much. LSU is beatable but we are not the team or playing style to do it. We ain't gonna ground and pound these guys into submission if we couldn't do it to Arizona. I see a tight first half where we hit a big play to get a score, they do the same. Second half we have a chance to either get the lead or make it a tight game and fail to do so. They answer with the game sealer and the defense gives up another score after having the wind taken out of us.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Tie or close to tie at half time. 10 point game in the 4th quarter. LSU scores again. State scores late, fails to get onside kick and loses by 3.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

State fans are pissed.
LSU fans are pissed.
I watched us find a way to lose to inferior LSU teams for so many years (e.g. Hallman, Dinardo) that i rarely carry any hope into any game with them.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If you look at the history of these games in Starkville over the last decade+...

Any 17ing thing could happen, but we're probably losing.

I honestly have no idea what to expect, but I believe I'll have a firmer grip on whether our coaches are the future or not.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I don’t know how it's going to happen, but I know LSU winning will happen, based on what I've seen the past couple games. Arnett just wasn't/isn't ready. Neither was Barbay. Both are very inexperienced & struggled some due to coaching, not the players.

This offense reminds of what we ran in high school, except from under center, in the 80s/90s. Barbay is trying to reinvent the wheel, but too arrogant to tweak it to the personnel. Remind you of someone?

Not relying on a national search was lazy, incompetent, and probably done intentional, due to a certain someone changing affiliations.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
have you noticed lately that the first week 1 game(s) of the college and NFL season are close and exciting and often upsets or won in the final minute? its like a trend lately. definitely kicks the season off and gets people talking and excited. probably sells more TV subscriptions as well I would guess. Don't miss this good stuff.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022

State fans are pissed.
LSU fans are pissed.
I disagree. LSU will kick 9 field goals and win 27-0.

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
I don't think LSU is a superpower. They are beatable. We do tend to make stupid and costly mistakes when we play, hopefully with the maturity of the team that will not happen. Alot of these guys will be facing LSU for the 5th or 6th time.
Here is to hoping but it was our most mature player last year that 17ed up

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
im not smart, so I’m not sure if this thread is about which helmets we are donning, or what’s painted midfield…or if it’s about scripting plays.

I also never bought into the holding (offensive) plays in your pocket (not showing your hand) for ‘bigger games’. But I’m kinda feeling that this week. I could likely be 100% be wrong. AZ was too close for comfort.
I think we will see a little more creative things this week. Have to throw down field some.. I hope so. I know Barbay definitely has it in him, from past history. . Guess we will shall see. Unfortunately, I won’t get to see it live. Going to try and maintain a personal media blackout till I get home Saturday night.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don’t know how it's going to happen, but I know LSU winning will happen, based on what I've seen the past couple games. Arnett just wasn't/isn't ready. Neither was Barbay. Both are very inexperienced & struggled some due to coaching, not the players.

This offense reminds of what we ran in high school, except from under center, in the 80s/90s. Barbay is trying to reinvent the wheel, but too arrogant to tweak it to the personnel. Remind you of someone?

Not relying on a national search was lazy, incompetent, and probably done intentional, due to a certain someone changing affiliations.
I'm afraid this won't be close at all. They have enough talent to roll right over us IF we come out and play like we have in the 1st half of Game 1 and the 2nd half of Game 2. They have enough talent to us to leave us at the starting line.

maybe

The only problem is that they can look like 22 Monkeys trying to 17 a 17ing football.

I still believe that Byan Kelly falls under Jimbo Fisher's category. There's just something about him that prevents his teams from taking that last step up.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
How do we find those two LSU idiots that were here a few months back? Are they in tiger droppings?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login