Lsu is saying Zavion will transfer to them

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
welcome to the NIL end of the season with players attempts to get more money with unsubstantiated rumors

Make It Rain Money GIF by yvngswag

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon13

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Guys this is the new college football for now.
Until the NCAA or some governing body steps in and puts some parameters around this, the rich are only going to get richer.
It’s inevitable.
I believe it’s also inevitable that it becomes too outrageous and someone with half a brain figure out that it’s bad for college sports and does something about it.
When that happens, I don’t no but I just can’t see this sh#+ as the new norm long term.
I hope not anyway.
My give a 17’s are almost used up now with this BS!

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
Who gives a ****. What has he really done other than return a couple kicks. With a good QB and our new system under lebby hopefully it can be plug and play.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Until the NCAA or some governing body steps in and puts some parameters around this, the rich are only going to get richer.
It’s inevitable.
I believe it’s also inevitable that it becomes too outrageous and someone with half a brain figure out that it’s bad for college sports and does something about it.
When that happens, I don’t no but I just can’t see this sh#+ as the new norm long term.
I hope not anyway.
Yep. Me too.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Who gives a ****. What has he really done other than return a couple kicks. With a good QB and our new system under lebby hopefully it can be plug and play.
I thought it was pretty obvious he was our best WR as the season went on (some would say Tulu but in 4 years he never impressed me much as a receiver, outside of the SC game).

I'd prefer to lose any other WR on the roster before him.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
It’s inevitable.
I hope not anyway.
I can't imagine there being a ton of fan bases tolerating many seasons of this before checking out. Something will have to be done for better stability. We may come out a net win in all this when the dust settles for this season, but will we be able to raise $10M or whatever the number is reliably every year to participate in this new normal?

And even if programs figure out a way to navigate the financial aspect, will the average fan just lose interest when they can't name key players on the roster? I can watch NFL and feel a better connection with their professional athletes. There are trade risks and expiring contracts but that's at least transparent and somewhat predictable.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well fact is that the players I will get behind are the ones that want to stay here. Anybody else, kiss my fat! If he is working it trying to get more.. BYE BYE, let's purchase somebody else.

Let's not be in the business of begging a player to stay here.
Agree, we can't do it. Simply cannot.

Reactions: Anon1669338224

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022

Everyone can see how ridiculous this is. However until the blue bloods have players bought out from under them (State buys Milroe from under Bama for example ) N O T H I N G will be done.

Hell this system benefits the blue bloods and some players.

It's over. There is no "building a program" anymore for the Mississippi States or Ok States or Iowa Sts etc etc. (interesting I don't see OM or Kansas players in the portal) Anyways....We are going the way of USM I'm afraid.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Everyone can see how ridiculous this is. However until the blue bloods have players bought out from under them (State buys Milroe from under Bama for example ) N O T H I N G will be done.

It's over. There is no "building a program" anymore for the Mississippi States or Ok States or Iowa Sts etc etc. (interesting I don't see OM or Kansas players in the portal) Anyways....We are going the way of USM I'm afraid.
If this is really the reality you see, then we need to just say that. We will take the welfare check from the SEC, and commit to building basketball and baseball.

Because we aren't competing in football if we aren't planning to build a program. We will have to be innovative about it, but that's what we have to do. Or just give it up, and go be the whipping boy like Vandy.

We will never be able to move the needle by going out, throwing down in the streets, and overpaying players with NIL or black market bagmen. We can get a few, most likely defensive players. But that's not our game.

Cohen knew these things.

Reactions: 85Bears and Dawg84

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
It’s inevitable.
I hope not anyway.
As long as the sheep fans in crimson and white, purple and gold, scarlet and white, blue and maize, etc fill the stadiums in December and January, what does the NCAA care and the networks care? They are all fat and happy and could care less about the Vandy, MSU, Iowa State, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Cal, Ilinois, and Cincinatti's of the sport.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
As long as the sheep fans in crimson and white, purple and gold, scarlet and white, blue and maize, etc fill the stadiums in December and January, what does the NCAA care and the networks care? They are all fat and happy and could care less about the Vandy, MSU, Iowa State, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Cal, Ilinois, and Cincinatti's of the sport.
Networks, yes. NCAA doesn't get shlt from the bowls.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
If this is really the reality you see, then we need to just say that.

Unfortunately, yes.

I don't know how you accumulate enough talent when you lose your best receivers to schools on your schedule, each year.

Maybe that doesn't happen in this case but if it does...... two years in a row

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
"And even if programs figure out a way to navigate the financial aspect, will the average fan just lose interest when they can't name key players on the roster?"

I think it's here for a lot of people already.

Quoting someone above "My give a 17’s are almost used up now with this BS!"

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
When I hit the pick 6, I’m just gonna pay the top players on other teams to quit mid season. I mean I’m going to pay them to endorse my company at in person events the same time as their biggest games of the season. Or I’ll just pay LSU OL (1st-3rd string) to be at my used car dealership during the LSU/Bama game and do the same for Bama OL during the Iron Bowl. Burn the system down

Last edited:

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Ok, here is what I think I will do with my fandom. I'm just going to pull for MSU and we may as well take the names off the back of jerseys because I'm about to stop caring about the players. When the season rolls around I'll shout "throw it to number 82!". Don't hate the player, hate the game I guess.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I think this is the the 3rd time Zavion says he’s leaving and gets a pay raise, I’m ready to say C Ya

Reactions: Bulldog45

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I wonder if any coaches or AD's have ever thought about bolting for a school that paid them more and had a bigger athletics budget

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I wonder if any coaches or AD's have ever thought about bolting for a school that paid them more and had a bigger athletics budget
Obviously you have not followed this sport closely because if you did, you'd know. Those individual coaches and ADs that left are not appreciated any longer either.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022

You can't say that! I was chastised a couple weeks ago about saying we'd be a CUSA school. Hell we've done more with less than less with more, but the hens are coming home to roost in this new era. Hopefully I'm wrong and we start swinging a big enough stick to stay where we are.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
What NCAA rules?
That’d be the official NCAA rulebook, chief.

Same rulebook that says explicitly what happens if you send disguised spies to the sidelines of opponents games to steal signs and gain an advantage by knowing their plays ahead of time.

What happens you ask? You get an embarrassing media wrist slap on your way to being the #1 seed for the national championship tournament. Its all very serious.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What happened to Ra Ra at GA? Did he even get to play Saturday?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login