Lsu is saying Zavion will transfer to them

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
That’d be the official NCAA rulebook, chief.

Same rulebook that says explicitly what happens if you send disguised spies to the sidelines of opponents games to steal signs and gain an advantage by knowing their plays ahead of time.

What happens you ask? You get an embarrassing media wrist slap on your way to being the #1 seed for the national championship tournament. Its all very serious.
As every child knows, it's not really rules if nobody enforces them:

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Everyone can see how ridiculous this is. However until the blue bloods have players bought out from under them (State buys Milroe from under Bama for example ) N O T H I N G will be done.

Hell this system benefits the blue bloods and some players.

It's over. There is no "building a program" anymore for the Mississippi States or Ok States or Iowa Sts etc etc. (interesting I don't see OM or Kansas players in the portal) Anyways....We are going the way of USM I'm afraid.

Right, because when you build a program, you make players better. Once they become better, they will buy them....

Reactions: Maroon13

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
What happened to Ra Ra at GA? Did he even get to play Saturday?
He was injured and didn’t play. He wasn’t one of their top targets this season. He was sixth on the team in receptions and fifth in yards. Only had one TD catch.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
This is called Tampering by NCAA rules if they have reached out to him and he isn’t in Portal.
Well, they have the evidence if they wanted to do something. The fact is, they are on their last leg. So they aren't going to rock the boat. But it's a pinned thread on the LSU 247 board posted by the owner.

Sonny Shipp Posted on 21 hrs, V I P, User Since 202 months ago, User Post Count: 99758
  • 21 hrsVIP
  • 202 months
I'm expecting him to enter the portal, possibly today, and for it to not be long before he comes home with three years to play two

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
As long as the sheep fans in crimson and white, purple and gold, scarlet and white, blue and maize, etc fill the stadiums in December and January, what does the NCAA care and the networks care? They are all fat and happy and could care less about the Vandy, MSU, Iowa State, Rutgers, Wake Forest, Cal, Ilinois, and Cincinatti's of the sport.
We are just fodder for the elitist football programs. College football is spiraling down the drain. The body slam of FSU just represents what the folks in control want going forward. Do any of you truly believe we have a shot at a National Championship? Even though we are an SEC team I have no doubt they would have opted for a blue blood even if we were undefeated. At least the 12 team playoff will make people think things are better while the blue bloods take our best players to fortify their NC hopes.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We are just fodder for the elitist football programs. College football is spiraling down the drain. The body slam of FSU just represents what the folks in control want going forward. Do any of you truly believe we have a shot at a National Championship? Even though we are an SEC team I have no doubt they would have opted for a blue blood even if we were undefeated. At least the 12 team playoff will make people think things are better while the blue bloods take our best players to fortify their NC hopes.
The only thing we can do is to grab portal guys that can no longer transfer until the graduate.

Reactions: BirdPuppy

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I think this is the the 3rd time Zavion says he’s leaving and gets a pay raise, I’m ready to say C Ya
I did the same during my career. What is wrong to get what you deserve? I don't agree with his method of allowing this to go public (probably leaked by the LSU booster).

Unfortunately, the cards are falling into place. Going forward some teams will continue to be tier 1 and take the best players from the tier 2 teams. Tier 2 teams are like a development league for the tier 1 teams. That way fans will be entertained. We have fans on here that, "just want the see great games in the playoffs." Well, going forward they will be happy watching the same old reruns year after year.

From Gladiator, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!"

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
If this is really the reality you see, then we need to just say that. We will take the welfare check from the SEC, and commit to building basketball and baseball.

Because we aren't competing in football if we aren't planning to build a program. We will have to be innovative about it, but that's what we have to do. Or just give it up, and go be the whipping boy like Vandy.

We will never be able to move the needle by going out, throwing down in the streets, and overpaying players with NIL or black market bagmen. We can get a few, most likely defensive players. But that's not our game.

Cohen knew these things.
Innovative.... what 17n innovation? Spend 20-25 million per year on players, and after around 5 years of that...adding 5 million more per year.... you will have enough to compete with Alabama and Texas.
So in a 5 year span, to build a roster of quality dudes and bench dudes..... you will spend around 150 million on just players.
20+25+30+35+40 = 150 million.... just to keep up. That is what it would cost to build a roster like Bama. And that is if old Nick Saban doesn't just outbid you for players at some point.

Maybe after you win for around 5-8 years, you won't have to pay a ton for players anymore.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Innovative.... what 17n innovation? Spend 20-25 million per year on players, and after around 5 years of that...adding 5 million more per year.... you will have enough to compete with Alabama and Texas.
So in a 5 year span, to build a roster of quality dudes and bench dudes..... you will spend around 150 million on just players.
20+25+30+35+40 = 150 million.... just to keep up. That is what it would cost to build a roster like Bama. And that is if old Nick Saban doesn't just outbid you for players at some point.

Maybe after you win for around 5-8 years, you won't have to pay a ton for players anymore.
Geez, ya'll are getting this. Look at what I highlighted above. WE CANNOT DO THIS. I think somehow, we agree, but you aren't hearing the message. Trying to do what you say is a futile effort, and will leave us further behind. We've been trying to do this for years and it's never worked. There's nothing fundamentally similar about Alabama/Texas and Mississippi State. Why try?

No, we need a different approach.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
You can't say that! I was chastised a couple weeks ago about saying we'd be a CUSA school. Hell we've done more with less than less with more, but the hens are coming home to roost in this new era. Hopefully I'm wrong and we start swinging a big enough stick to stay where we are.

These next two months will tell us a lot about our recruiting prowess in this new environment.

We hired a "young", "exciting" coach and made a big push in NIL funds. I'm hearing better news about high school recruiting for this cycle. We shall see if it all means anything and raises us above last place in conference and in a respectable position.

Reactions: BreckyBratt

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

We will never outbid Alabama, LSU, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Georgia etc. I posted on Genespage the day the news broke that Satan was hired at Alabama that college football as we know it would be dead. Not long after he was hired an article in Forbes came out about Saban. Saban ushered in the high dollar opportunity to fleece fans of college programs. This was supposed to be an amateur sport. Now it is a three ring circus with Satan as the head clown with money falling out of his pockets.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Geez, ya'll are getting this. Look at what I highlighted above. WE CANNOT DO THIS. I think somehow, we agree, but you aren't hearing the message. Trying to do what you say is a futile effort, and will leave us further behind. We've been trying to do this for years and it's never worked. There's nothing fundamentally similar about Alabama/Texas and Mississippi State. Why try?

No, we need a different approach.
Portal guys with a a few years left and build them up.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
These next two months will tell us a lot about our recruiting prowess in this new environment.

We hired a "young", "exciting" coach and made a big push in NIL funds. I'm hearing better news about high school recruiting for this cycle. We shall see if it all means anything and raises us above last place in conference and in a respectable position.
Unfortunately better news in high school recruiting doesn’t mean much unless you’re talking about an exclusive group of athletes ready to step in and contribute year 1. For the rest it’s basically investing our time and money in weeding out and developing potential future contributors who then become subject to being claimed by the elites in what amounts to free agency. We’re farm clubs to a limited few major league teams as it currently stands.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Can we get one WR that actually produces on the field and puts defenses in a terrible spot trying to cover them? We haven't had it since Fred Ross. Not a single WR on our team is hard to cover man to man. They can't get separation. Tulu included, other than just running a fly pattern, which we didn't capitalize on except the South Carolina game.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Saban created a hybrid of sorts between college sports and big business. But one of predecessors with a houndstooth hat quietly got rid of amateurism in CFB.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We will never outbid Alabama, LSU, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Georgia etc. I posted on Genespage the day the news broke that Satan was hired at Alabama that college football as we know it would be dead. Not long after he was hired an article in Forbes came out about Saban. Saban ushered in the high dollar opportunity to fleece fans of college programs. This was supposed to be an amateur sport. Now it is a three ring circus with Satan as the head clown with money falling out of his pockets.
You really can trace many of the bad things about the current state of the sport, back to Saban. But he really just helped the dam break, sort of like the things that changed with COVID. I mean, basketball had already been corrupted to an extent with the one and done NBA rule.

Hypocrites everywhere. Coaches making millions and shaming fans into donating their middle class salary. 17 all that business

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Saban created a hybrid of sorts between college sports and big business. But one of predecessors with a houndstooth hat quietly got rid of amateurism in CFB.
I'm still waiting on a player that's good to great in college, but will never go pro to sue the NCAA over eligibility. Every other student can go to college as long as they want to. What legal argument could be made that they can not play any more than 4 years?

Reactions: Ranchdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm still waiting on a player that's good to great in college, but will never go pro to sue the NCAA over eligibility. Every other student can go to college as long as they want to. What legal argument could be made that they can not play any more than 4 years?
Eek. Is there any reason why this could not happen? I never thought we'd see what we see now, so I won't rule it out. Gets back to the basis from which that rule was enacted.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Eek. Is there any reason why this could not happen? I never thought we'd see what we see now, so I won't rule it out. Gets back to the basis from which that rule was enacted.
exactly. and if they get the status of employee, then that rule will become even more of an issue.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
exactly. and if they get the status of employee, then that rule will become even more of an issue.
This is one of those things I'll actually believe when I see it. I've heard this for years, but I don't see it actually happening in theory. I think these lawsuits get struck down in court.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Can we get one WR that actually produces on the field and puts defenses in a terrible spot trying to cover them? We haven't had it since Fred Ross. Not a single WR on our team is hard to cover man to man. They can't get separation. Tulu included, other than just running a fly pattern, which we didn't capitalize on except the South Carolina game.
Tulu didn't know where to line up or what route to run half the time throughout the season

Could be him could be coaching either way we losing two decent return guys not two good WRs

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

Why did you put young in quotation marks?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login