Man, the Pac really is a trainwreck

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Now the Holiday Bowl is coming for their money:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not just that '21 money but witholding the '22 money they owe the conference and Oregon too.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of great guys**

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
And reports are that Colorado is on the brink of bolting for the Big 12. If that happens, the dominoes will fall very quickly.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If Colorado goes ASU, Arizona, and Utah are almost certain to follow.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Not just that '21 money but witholding the '22 money they owe the conference and Oregon too.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of great guys**
They should have to pay more than that just for stupidity. There was plenty of data in December of 2021 for them to know cancelling wasn’t reasonable.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
They should have to pay more than that just for stupidity. There was plenty of data in December of 2021 for them to know cancelling wasn’t reasonable.
PAC 12 should just withhold the potential liability from UCLA's distribution this year. Cancelling just hours before the game was irresponsible at best. You've got 10s of thousands of fans who have bought tickets and incurred travel expenses to see the game. And, as you say, there was no medical evidence that there was any real medical risk from playing by then.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah... it would have been one thing to simply decline, but it was 5 hours before kickoff.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
If Colorado goes ASU, Arizona, and Utah are almost certain to follow.
Question is, if the PAC12 falls apart, can the Big 12 poach Washington and Oregon? It's a lot more travel, but those are some really big schools that the Big 10 doesn't seem to want. If they can, are they willing to expand to 18 or do they only take 1 of ASU, Arizona or Utah? And if so, which one?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
They could shut the whole Pac conference down completely and it wouldn't mean I watch any less football in a season. I've just never cared about any of the schools and they play most games after my bedtime, good riddance.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They could shut the whole Pac conference down completely and it wouldn't mean I watch any less football in a season. I've just never cared about any of the schools and they play most games after my bedtime, good riddance.
It's always been my second favorite conference behind the SEC. I hate to see what's happening to it.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It's always been my second favorite conference behind the SEC. I hate to see what's happening to it.
Yeah, I always enjoyed having Pac/WAC/MWC games on after midnight.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
With out USC and UCLA the PAC 12 isn't the PAC 12. It might as well go the demise of the Big East. Oregon and Arizona will probably not have a problem finding a P5 seat. One is good in football and the other is good in basketball. What P5 will want Stanford, CAL? I could see AZ State in Big 12. Seems like they would fit in there.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
With out USC and UCLA the PAC 12 isn't the PAC 12. It might as well go the demise of the Big East. Oregon and Arizona will probably not have a problem finding a P5 seat. One is good in football and the other is good in basketball. What P5 will want Stanford, CAL? I could see AZ State in Big 12. Seems like they would fit in there.
This Big 12 commissioner seems pretty ambitious and not afraid to think outside the box and openly endorsed the idea of being a 'coast to coast' conference. I think he would take Cal and Stanford. If nothing else, Stanford helps whatever conference they're in claim the most national championships, even if it's in three dozen non-revenue sports. Honestly, the only Pac teams I think are in danger of becoming Mountain West teams are Washington State and Oregon State.

The ESPN portion of the Big 12 contract guarantees the Big 12 won't lose money by absorbing existing Power 5 schools. I think it really depends on who Fox is willing to pay for.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Stanford is the one school I keep up with mostly because they’ve employed me and family members.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Now the Holiday Bowl is coming for their money:
Thought you were referring to SixPack at first, and I was about to hit you with a captain obvious comment

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login