Masks are back at The Hump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
So all you have to do is buy N95 masks. Give Jeff Bezos some of your hard earned cash here: Link.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
My double-vaxxed, boosted, N95 wearing, 1 gallon of Purell per day girlfriend who just got over it would argue with you that masks do work but I won't. I agree with you.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. If the mask catches 95 percent of particles, that means it doesn't catch 5 percent.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
He said .3 microns

N95 catching 95% of 3.00 microns.

I have no idea if he is correct. Just saw the decimal.

If that’s correct you might as well wear a fishing net over your head.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
THEY DONT WORK. The Covid is transmitted in .3 Micron Particles, N95 catches 95% of Particles 3 Microns and Larger…The majority of people aren’t even wearing N95, The mask most people wear don’t catch anything but snot. Covid is aerosol.

Have you ever seen a free floating virus in the air not attached to dust or liquid?

Masks change behavior which is the most important reason. They also stop large virus loads of spittle when we talk, cough, sneeze, yell or sing.

Guess what large particles directly to your face, mouth, eyes cause? Yep, an infection most of the time.

Large ceilings help too. Ask an aerospace major and you'll learn a bunch.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yep. If the mask catches 95 percent of particles, that means it doesn't catch 5 percent.

I grew up on well water. That screen was suppose to catch 100% of bad stuff. I doubt it did but the water tasted way better than anything you can buy at the Krogers.

Jan 13, 2008
When no one attends, are masks necessary? You can throw a hand grenade in some sections and not injure anyone.

Go woke, go broke.

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
Government doesn’t care if maskies, distancing, or experimental jabs work or not. You have to listen to them because they know so much more than us. All hail st fraudci

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
This is a university wide mandate for all campus buildings, not specific to the hump or other athletic facilities. Blame Keenum.

Fighting Irish has no logic when it comes to Cohen. He has some pretty stupid takes about everything but his irrational hate for Cohen is way above most

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, I'm definitely not going then. Probably wasn't anyway though.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I never knew that a mask policy would be considered woke. The things you learn on Sixpack.

It's almost as if everything must be pro Democrat or pro Republican. If Biden and the administration is for masks and vaccines, you have to oppose it just on principal.

Crazy that virtually 100% of medical doctors worldwide with doctorates and experience support vaccines, boosters and masks.

But listen more to your in group and trust them more. That's the real woke.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
The one thing I liked about masks is they covered the mouth and nose of all the ******** that refuse to cover up when coughing and sneezing.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
In all the covid madness there’s a happy medium between the two but no one wants to do that unfortunately.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It's almost as if everything must be pro Democrat or pro Republican. If Biden and the administration is for masks and vaccines, you have to oppose it just on principal.

Crazy that virtually 100% of medical doctors worldwide with doctorates and experience support vaccines, boosters and masks.

It's not just Democrats, Republicans who aren't pure enough are the in line of fire too.

Keenum is a super Republican (former Cochran chief of staff), but he's apparently "woke" (a word that has no meaning anymore beyond something the person using it doesn't like) too.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
No matter how much proof is given that mask help and links are given to such proof the stupidity of politics always seem to come back up. Get this: Vaccines work, masks work too. Neither is 100% but together with distancing, they offer the best protection we can get right now and limit transmission and help the bodies ability to fight it off.

Proof has been given over and over again and your lack the ability of understanding simple comprehensive thought beyond your own political affiliation is apparent.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013

Really? Because the doctor who actually invented MRNA vaccines says this one doesn’t work.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
In all the covid madness there’s a happy medium between the two but no one wants to do that unfortunately.
Yeah, it’s called getting vaccinated. I’ve done that. Wearing masks is just annoying and I won’t do it unless absolutely forced, in order to get **** done. They are miserable.

You once said you couldn’t tell that you were wearing some particular masks while driving. That’s really just unbelievable. They suck and aren’t really needed now, I really wish people would just admit that.

It’s at the point now where people who wear masks are just virtue signaling, unless they are truly immunocompromised.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think what he means is some crackpot who had a small role on a team of hundreds, if not thousands, of researchers who invented mRNA vaccines.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Completely agree. I'm fully vaccinated and the risk from Covid is pretty low right now. I'll wear a mask if I absolutely have no choice, but I'm relying on the vaccine and reasonable social distancing for the most part.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
You realize just because someone claims to have "invented MRNA vaccines" doesn't mean he actually did?

Oh yes I’m aware.

Carry on however, I’ll bow out at this point. This is an argument everyone is sick of having.

I’m fully vaccinated, as is my whole family. We all got different vaccines btw, and dammit if three out of the four of us still got 17’ng Covid. It wasn’t milder due to having the vaccine either: it’s been over four months (so no, not omicron) and my wife still has no taste or smell.

Now we’re having to wear 17’ng masks again? 17 that ****.

Y’all carry on. I’m out.

Last edited:

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
They entrain exhaled droplets. They also restrict the plume of your breath allowing for shorter distance dispersion. Stop spreading fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login