Matt Corral Missing

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Sounds like he took his ball and went home.

“Corral, the 94th overall pick of the 2022 NFL Draft out of Ole Miss, did not appear in a game in his rookie year last season, but the Patriots appeared set to use him as their No. 2 behind Jones.

That wasn't the end of the intrigue under center, though, as Zappe — taken one round after Corral in 2022 — cleared waivers then re-signed with the Patriots on their practice squad. He was elevated to the 53-man roster on Saturday, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the same day Corral left the team.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-p...CD5vQ12v_6JmKFXQezgwzXUnmiqNfubpwdHPObkPsBYrT

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Sounds like he took his ball and went home.

“Corral, the 94th overall pick of the 2022 NFL Draft out of Ole Miss, did not appear in a game in his rookie year last season, but the Patriots appeared set to use him as their No. 2 behind Jones.

That wasn't the end of the intrigue under center, though, as Zappe — taken one round after Corral in 2022 — cleared waivers then re-signed with the Patriots on their practice squad. He was elevated to the 53-man roster on Saturday, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, the same day Corral left the team.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-p...CD5vQ12v_6JmKFXQezgwzXUnmiqNfubpwdHPObkPsBYrT
So Corral would be on the practice team. And he said no thanks

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I stopped for milk after work and there he was. Right on the milk carton. Staring at me from the back of that milk jug. Well my heart just dropped

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

HotMop

May 8, 2006
From what

idk that’s kinda hateful. He really isint anything like Mgk. Despite our bias He’s a good kid and has struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts in the past
Either way he just proved that he can't be trusted to stay in the league, he's done.

Reactions: Grove Sh.tter

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
From what

idk that’s kinda hateful. He really isint anything like Mgk. Despite our bias He’s a good kid and has struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts in the past
Yeah, if people haven’t dealt with a family member fighting through this you can’t imagine what kind of fight him and his family are in. It’s horrible. It consumes everything. I hope he pulls through if this is what is going on.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
From what

Didn't know about all that. Not trying to be hateful. I just figured he was a prototype Ole miss douche nozzle.

TrollDawg48

Aug 23, 2023
  • Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
When did he show a lot of immaturity at ole miss?
Tried to start a fight with Johnathan Abram in the 2018 Egg Bowl. In his last Egg Bowl, he was jawing with/taunting fans during the game. That behavior is fine for about every position in a football team, except QB (and kicker and punter). Those are two things I've noticed, I haven't seen him but about 5 games total. You're an Ole Miss fan and didn't know this?

Last edited:

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Tried to start a fight with Johnathan Abram in the 2018 Egg Bowl. In his last Egg Bowl, he was jawing with/taunting fans during the game. That behavior is fine for about every position in a football team, except QB (and kicker and punter). Those are two things I've noticed, I haven't seen him but about 5 games total.

Tried to go toe to toe with Jamal Peters who would have beaten him into the ground.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Perhaps Jamal Peters finally caught up to him to settle an old score.

Without helmets.
This made me google Jamal Peters. He was a CFL Allstar in 2022 and the top cover guy in the league. Cut by the Falcons recently and is rejoining the Toronto Argonauts.

All of this kinda surprises me because Peters had some real strengths. Covering folks was his biggest weakness. Happy for him that he has made a decent career playing in the CFL.

DecadeReb2

Jul 2, 2021
Tried to start a fight with Johnathan Abram in the 2018 Egg Bowl. In his last Egg Bowl, he was jawing with/taunting fans during the game. That behavior is fine for about every position in a football team, except QB (and kicker and punter). Those are two things I've noticed, I haven't seen him but about 5 games total. You're an Ole Miss fan and didn't know this?
I knew about the fight.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
That’s what I’m saying. It’s seam like a lot of folks on this board stir shat for the sake of stirring shat

where should He have gone?

so you are posting out of your *** about a serious issue?
Blitzed seems to follow all Old Mrs players so I'm sure he/she knows about this. Are you here to stir some shat?

Reactions: Dawgg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In my opinion, after a person has turned 18 years old, left home, and enrolled at college, he/she is no longer a "kid."
Totally get that view, but as I have aged I have adjusted to viewing 18-22 year olds as being partial adults. Most 18yo kids who leave home and enroll into a college were able to do that because of the heavy assistance given to them by adults around them. Its a rare day for an 18yo to actually apply to college, figure out finances, plan for moving, move in, and get started at college without help from actual adults.

An 18 year old who can enroll in college, stay in good standing there while working, pay their bills on time, and handle the daily issues of life on their own is a very rare thing to see.
Most have some of that down, but not all of it. They reliably work, but they have no idea how to enroll into a college. They pay some bills, but ignore others. They buy groceries, but only some things. They will go to a dr appt, but if its a surgery consult they want a parent there to help guide. They are disciplined enough to exercise regularly, but they are late to a class every week.
Yada yada yada.

This isnt some 'this generation is soft' sort of commentary either. I wouldnt consider many of the people I knew in college 20+ years ago to be fully functioning adults.
They were adults in some ways and kids in some ways.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Totally get that view, but as I have aged I have adjusted to viewing 18-22 year olds as being partial adults. Most 18yo kids who leave home and enroll into a college were able to do that because of the heavy assistance given to them by adults around them. Its a rare day for an 18yo to actually apply to college, figure out finances, plan for moving, move in, and get started at college without help from actual adults.

An 18 year old who can enroll in college, stay in good standing there while working, pay their bills on time, and handle the daily issues of life on their own is a very rare thing to see.
Most have some of that down, but not all of it. They reliably work, but they have no idea how to enroll into a college. They pay some bills, but ignore others. They buy groceries, but only some things. They will go to a dr appt, but if its a surgery consult they want a parent there to help guide. They are disciplined enough to exercise regularly, but they are late to a class every week.
Yada yada yada.

This isnt some 'this generation is soft' sort of commentary either. I wouldnt consider many of the people I knew in college 20+ years ago to be fully functioning adults.
They were adults in some ways and kids in some ways.
A phased-in approach may not be the worst thing. Letting an 18-22-year-old saddle him/herself with 6 figures of student loan debt is dumb.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login